Region-Wide Battlegroups - Not So Much?

100 Draenei Paladin
Is it just me, or are people not being paired up much with others outside of their own physical datacenter?

Region-wide battlegroups (all of North America) went live earlier today, but it still seems like 90% of the playerbase comes from my own physical datacenter - Whirlwind and Emberstorm. Even in Isle of Conquest, I'll see maybe 1-4 people from realms that do not exist in Whirlwind or Emberstorm, but on the other hand I'm seeing 3-4+ people coming from the same individual realms in Emberstorm/Whirlwind.

Are other people seeing the same thing? And if so, I really hope that this is not working as intended. 90% Emberstorm and Whirlwind hardly classifies as "region-wide battlegrounds." :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Please turn your helm graphics back on.

Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I am seeing like 80% of the people are from my own BG. BG9 is obviously the biggest and bestest so that could just be a nautral consequence, or it could be that the system is pulling people from your own BG first, and then from others to fill in the gaps.
Edited by Faxmonkey on 11/9/2010 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Ruin and Vindication are not correctly merged with the other battlegroups in battlegrounds. The other 11 battlegroups are correctly merged. Forum post need to be made in the Bug Report section so Blizzard knows about this issue.

Well, I'm still having a hard time believing that Whirlwind and Emberstorm make up 90% of the population of 11 battlegroups total :<

I've done several hours worth of IoC today so my sample size should be fairly sufficient.
Edited by Eloderung on 11/9/2010 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
29 Tauren Shaman
Ruin and Vindication are not correctly merged with the other battlegroups in battlegrounds. The other 11 battlegroups are correctly merged. Forum post need to be made in the Bug Report section so Blizzard knows about this issue.

Well, I'm still having a hard time believing that Whirlwind and Emberstorm make up 90% of the population of 11 battlegroups total :<

I've done several hours worth of IoC today so my sample size should be fairly sufficient.

The way the system works is it first searches for players from your battlegroup and if it can't fill a battleground with just those then it will fill in the empty spots with players from other battlegroups. That's why most of the games you get into will have mostly players from your battlegroup.

That hardly seems to be the case. Even in games where we'd be short players for up to several minutes as a time, never would we receive players from battlegroups outside of our own. The most unusual thing we've been seeing in 29s so far are sometimes being grouped with/against level 20s.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Sorry to bother with my theory craft but, The reason you "Could" wait for empty slots to fill is fails who Q but don't accept.. >.> very much like Dungeon Finder. People Q but don't accept. Cant make a system to correct for fails.. sorry.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Just noticed vindication get merged. Had fun rolling some new servers with a full premade :P

e: was unaware that the full merger had taken place yet. This might not be a bug?
Edited by Ayen on 11/9/2010 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

The way the system works is it first searches for players from your battlegroup and if it can't fill a battleground with just those then it will fill in the empty spots with players from other battlegroups. That's why most of the games you get into will have mostly players from your battlegroup.

I highly doubt that as well, simply because of this:

Horde have 30+ minute queues while simultaneously I don't have instant queues. Random queues are pretty fast but solo queuing for a single battleground results in 10-20m queue times during primetime.

They really don't seem to be doing their job. If the horde are having such long wait times, then I should be gobbled up the moment I hit queue for any battleground - with several hundred realms merged together, I don't think 3m+ queues should be happening with such a huge difference between the two factions.
Edited by Eloderung on 11/9/2010 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Please turn your helm graphics back on.

lol xD
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I am 100% there is a bug right now that Ruin and Vindication only get grouped with each other for battlegroups while the other 11 battlegroups get matched with each other. I've queued on my twinks and mains on Ruin and I've queued on my twinks and mains outside of Ruin.

How are the twink battlegrounds on the working servers? Do you see a healthy mix of players from every battlegroup, or are you grouped primarily (~80-90%+) with those from your own datacenter?
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Priest

QFT.

I can verify this seems to be the behavior based on what I've seen and others in Teamspeak were seeing the same behavior.

It seems like it firsts matches people from same BG and then moves to another BG and tries to fill from there. If it can't fill it then goes to the next BG.

With this system you will be more likely to see the same people I imagine.
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Priest
I am 100% there is a bug right now that Ruin and Vindication only get grouped with each other for battlegroups while the other 11 battlegroups get matched with each other. I've queued on my twinks and mains on Ruin and I've queued on my twinks and mains outside of Ruin.

How are the twink battlegrounds on the working servers? Do you see a healthy mix of players from every battlegroup, or are you grouped primarily (~80-90%+) with those from your own datacenter?

It's to early to get the kind of numbers needed to answer your questions. Word of mouth has to get out, and most people don't read the forums daily. Especially people who stopped playing twinks about a year ago.

I think in about a week or two we should see the full effect of this merge but until then have patience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]