Regarding Archdruid Staghelm.

85 Tauren Priest
So, I recently decided to make (yet another) alt, and it happened to be a Night Elf Druid. There's some early quests that turn in at Archdruid Staghelm in Darnassus. I don't remember him having any specific voice acting other than the typical Night Elf stuff you hear everywhere else. One of the quotes that stood out to me was, "Tyrande has no idea how to lead her people." I'm wondering if there may be some internal conflict with the Night Elves. Actually, more hoping that there is. Does anyone know if Staghelm has any prominence in Cataclysm? If not, do you think that there could be more done with this?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Blah, why does all the fun stuff have to happen in books that I can't afford right now? -_-

As for whether it's what I'm hoping, at most, a minor power struggle, but it just seems odd to me that there would be practically zero reference as to what is going on in-game. From the viewpoint of someone who hasn't (and right now, can't) read the books, it just doesn't make any sense.
Edited by Tomaj on 11/9/2010 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Staghelm is certifiably insane in Cataclysm and completely removed from power. There's a quest in Hyjal confirming this.

Any future political struggle has likely been abated since Malfurion and Tyrande decided to a consul thing for government. On a whim. But the entire Night Elf society is cool with it because he AOEd the entire planet.

Y'know, I take back everything I've said about Garrosh. At least he's honest. God I hate elves.

Well, mostly everything...

Hm. If that is the case, is there someone to replace him? Or he still in place in Darnassus? I'll definitely have to level my alliance shaman 80-85 at some point, then, things sound like they're going to be somewhat interesting on that side of the field, too.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Malfurion replaces him. Sorta. He's the archdruid, but he's hanging around in the temple of the moon. The actual tree Fandral is in has been replaced by another tree, the "howling oak", a haven for Worgen in Darnassus.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Allrighty, well, thanks for the info. :) It seems kind of strange that they'd give him this sort of voice acting if they're going to remove him, though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Allrighty, well, thanks for the info. :) It seems kind of strange that they'd give him this sort of voice acting if they're going to remove him, though.

Well, he had that acting from the very beginning. I'm not sure they really knew where they were going to go with him at the time.

I loathe where they DID decide to go with him, though. ><
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest

Well, he had that acting from the very beginning. I'm not sure they really knew where they were going to go with him at the time.

Hm, guess I never noticed it, then. It's been a *very* long time since I've leveled a Night Elf. Eh, well, I never liked him anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

I second this. There goes a whole lot of potential for Night Elf-centered conflict.

Staghelm is certifiably insane in Cataclysm and completely removed from power. There's a quest in Hyjal confirming this.

Could anyone link to this quest, please? That's the first time I heard it mentioned here.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
There is plenty of info in game actually. Staghelm has had his own voice acting since the game came out. He has always said "Tyrande has no idea how to lead our people".
You can find quests in Silithus that explain his tragic past more. He is angry for a reason. His son was basically torn to pieces in front of him by silithids and he was forced to helplessly watch. They did this specifically to taunt him, it sort of broke his sanity ever since. You can find lots of info on the War of the Shifting Sands on the official wow site, under the story section.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, that bit kind of bugged me Odok, and I love Malfurion as a character.

It shouldnt have happeend. Let him be a advisor consort type role, but co-leader? Hell no. Resepcted or not, Malfurion isnt exactly known for his great patience when dealing with people he thinks are in the wrong.

I'm not really sure that Tyrande's a great example of that either. Sure, she's not really done anything in WoW, but if she thinks she's right, there isn't much that'll stop her.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Cursed are those who are touched by the hand of Knaa!k
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Well Knaak completely ruined Fandral's character in Stormrage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]