Insane no longer requires the Shen'dralar rep

80 Troll Shaman
Well, that's nice. Now for the people who didn't want to do Insane because of this rep being near-impossible in the time given are hit with a double-whammy, because we could have had a chance.

Le sigh
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Correct me if I am wrong, but if this is being changed on the Cataclysm Beta build, that means you can get it in Cataclysm, you just have to finish the other reps that are being removed?

Sounds a lot better than 'you are S.O.L'
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
No idea. The rep may just be getting removed from the achievement as it's been removed from the game - but that would raise the point surrounding why the goblins were not included.

I would presume (since Shen'dralar was removed) you could complete the goblin parts and be sweet for Cataclysm
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well bloodsail and Goblins are easy done in a week or less, I did goblins in 3 nights not even full days, im sure you can catch up!
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
Well bloodsail and Goblins are easy done in a week or less, I did goblins in 3 nights not even full days, im sure you can catch up!

That's given me a glimmer of hope.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Oh, and to lift you up a little bit more, I was actually killing everything in sight for librams and diamonds instead of just going directly for the guards (bosses) which is what people usually do since they have 10% more of a chance to drop the keys needed for knot (goblin rep guy)

I gave up with shen though, no rep with no rewards is worth my 20k or more *resells everything*
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman

Oh, and to lift you up a little bit more, I was actually killing everything in sight for librams and diamonds instead of just going directly for the guards (bosses) which is what people usually do since they have 10% more of a chance to drop the keys needed for knot (goblin rep guy)

I gave up with shen though, no rep with no rewards is worth my 20k or more *resells everything*

Main problem I can see is that I will (very easily) his the 5 instance per hour rule =\
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Kill every mob until you get a key, do Free Knot, then continue clearing until you finish or get another key. Reset & Repeat. I found that I -usually- managed to get 5 keys per hour and meet the lockout limit using that strat.

Am I the only one that thinks this achievement is 90% less insane without the Shen'drelar in it?
Edited by Diri on 11/10/2010 4:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, shendralar was pretty much the "IT" from the list mostly because of the "Unique" factor and the silly diamonds that are as rare as Al'ar himself.

And yeah, Diri's suggestion is pretty good
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
LOL i spent over 30k on Shen'dralar rep. dammit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I spent 20k :(
I'm trying to resell right now..
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Where did this information come from? Is there a link somewhere?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
This is nothing less than a slap in the face to everyone who has gotten this achievement while it included the Shen'dralar rep. I can not fully express my complete and utter disrespect for Blizzard over this change, as to do so would almost certainly violate community standards and result in a mutli-day if not permanent ban from these forums.

Reply Quote
I have just recently finished this achievement last week and feel that if this change goes through it will trivialize this title greatly. I was hoping for it to become a "you had to have been there" kind of thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Where did this information come from? Is there a link somewhere?

go check wowhead and/or mmo-champions
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
So after people scrambling to complete shendrelar rep the past few weeks, being price gouged, server transfers etc....it comes to this? Why in the world take an awesome achievement and dumb it down this way? It seems so simple to put an npc somewhere and allow the turn ins to continue.

Blizzard obviously seen the outcry over the past few weeks, noticed values of pbd and librams going through the roof as well as people selling mats/making deals across realms, it is pretty frustrating to see this as their fix.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
The price gouging was nice while it lasted.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Am I the only one that thinks this achievement is 90% less insane without the Shen'drelar in it?

100%*

200%*
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
We have no choice but to match the outcry of the unmotivated-yet-whining masses who cried about this being pulled.

If we whine LOUDER maybe we'll get what WE want!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]