Race Change Question still unanswered.

84 Tauren Paladin
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.

But what about the wizard to cast such a spell? Azeroth only has lowly mages, wizards are unheard of.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.
Arrow of Apollo is too OP though, if we get our hands on it, we, the denizens of Azeroth, might be able to find our way to Earth!! ><
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
If I race change into a worgen from a Gnome what happens to my mechano striders?

Worgen do not have any mounts for them to transition into, and my faction will be swapped down to neutral
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The problem with this is that Zarhym answered this question too on 10/4 and said the new race/class combos WILL be released with 4.0.3, so which one is really right?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026397444&pageNo=1&sid=1#8
Uh, nothing in here condridicts that. You CAN roll the new class combos come 4.0.3. You just CANT race change to them until the launch of Cata (Dec 7)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

You wouldn't happen to be a Newt?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You wouldn't happen to be a Newt?

I'm mostly a dragon kite. Mostly...
Reply Quote
40 Gnome Rogue

Arrow of Apollo is too OP though, if we get our hands on it, we, the denizens of Azeroth, might be able to find our way to Earth!! ><

Don't worry it isn't a big deal; if we don't like the first Earth when we get to it we can just do a couple more jumps and find a nice nearly uninhabited planet to settle on.
Reply Quote
98 Human Mage

So....you're saying....there is a chance?....I have a chance!
Edited by Amella on 11/10/2010 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

Damn, I'm disappointed now. I wanted to race change as soon as 4.0.3a came out.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Warrior
Wow... no goblin 60 twink for me =(
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the answer Lylirra. But now I'm sad, my druid was all ready to be trollified :( Ah well a couple more weeks won't be the end of the world...or wait...ha!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Wow... no goblin 60 twink for me =(

Er, meaning you expected to have a goblin without getting Cata?
Reply Quote
Even if you get all that, I don't think your power supply will be able to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed for transformation.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
If you pay for a race change before Cataclysm, and simply don't use it, will you be able to change into Goblin/Worgen after Cata is released?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
but i wanna be a female dwarf shaman nowwwwwwwwwww >.<

(heads off to pout.)
Edited by Hybríd on 11/10/2010 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Oh, boo. I want to be a troll druid NOW.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
As a piece of constructive criticism, you should pass along that they should change the ability to paid class change to the new combinations when they become available after the Shattering. Clearly Goblin and Worgen changes shouldn't be made available, but once you can make the new class combinations I don't see the harm in allowing the change. I'm very anxious to make my shaman a dwarf, but don't want to do it right at Cataclysm's launch.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Lots of us are tired of the waggle! We want Dwarf Female now!
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I also think it would be a good idea to release the new class/race combo's to the paid service once the Shattering goes live as opposed to waiting for December 7th. From a company standpoint you probably would make more profit this way as well. Giving the player the opportunity to pay for a race change for the Shattering then pay for another toon to become a worgen/goblin once Cataclysm hits allows them to spread the cost out. Asking for them to pay for both at the same times makes it very likely a large customer percentage will simply opt to pay for one.

So really its a win/win!
Reply Quote
So how does transferring goblin affect reputation? Will I lose my Crusader title along with my current faction rep?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]