Race Change Question still unanswered.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.

Don't forget Wurt's (Wirt's?) leg!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
is there going to be a gold cap increase on faction change/transfer to coincide with the new 1 million gold cap and ease of which you can obtain gold? 20k for level 80-85's seems kind of outdated :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Let's say you start the process of a race change 2 days before cataclysm hits. The next day you get the little tool next to your character that allows you to race change.
Would that tool, if you wait for another day, allow you to change into worgen without having to go through the hassle of server downs on the day cata hits what with 5 billion people changing their races at the same time?
Edited by Dagnath on 11/10/2010 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.

Back to the Future, Battlestar Galactica, and Shakespeare reference in one post. Truly epic!
Reply Quote
Let's say you start the process of a race change 2 days before cataclysm hits. The next day you get the little tool next to your character that allows you to race change.
Would that tool, if you wait for another day, allow you to change into worgen without having to go through the hassle of server downs on the day cata hits what with 5 billion people changing their races at the same time?

That's a good question I wouldn't mind knowing the answer too... I wouldn't mind buying it ahead of time if this would work.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I was under the impression that the flux capacitor did not work without One Point Twenty One Jiggawatts.
Edited by Kazenoken on 11/10/2010 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Priest

Don't forget Wurt's (Wirt's?) leg!

also a #2 pencil, paper clip and chewing gum...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

Would Very much like to know the answer to this!
Edited by Roach on 11/10/2010 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah would very much like to know if we can pre buy the race change, that would be awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
This is in answer to Asharak's question: "If I race change into a worgen from a Gnome what happens to my mechano striders?"

Worgen do not have any mounts for them to transition into, and my faction will be swapped down to neutralWorgen can have the other racial mounts. The thing is that their racial mount is not a separate thing.

I have heard blues say they don't take items away, you just can't use them if your don't meet the requirement for that item.
Edited by Arkadash on 11/10/2010 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
can we pay for the faction/race change now and then use it on 12/7 or do we have to wait???
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest

Awww...you use an Arrow of Apollo and an eye of...newt??? WTB Eye of Jupiter...say, right smack in the middle of the forums. Of course, if you're insistent on an Eye of Newt, at least make it Gingrich. ;)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Vs
can we pay for the faction/race change now and then use it on 12/7 or do we have to wait???

Can we get a definitive answer to this one too?

I am currently Alliance, but plan on joining my guild on Horde as a troll druid. In order to avoid a long wait in the first day of cata I was just going to become a tauren for now and then turn troll a few weeks after release.

If I can pre-purchase the faction change I can save myself $25 and be a troll day 1!

Trolls be flippin' out 'mon!
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Warrior

For people trying this

Flux Capacitor drops in Gnomergan

If you can figure out where the other two drop I'd appreciate it.
Reply Quote
71 Troll Shaman
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

That's nice. Now give us an appearance tab :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You wouldn't happen to be a Newt?

I'm mostly a dragon kite. Mostly...

Wow, I heard Newt's voice in my head as I read that...

Poor Newt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So now the race will be on, to pull out the credit card, race change and get the Realm first lv 85 whatever? Where's the fun in that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]