Race Change Question still unanswered.

85 Worgen Warrior
There are no realm first achievements for Worgen or Goblins.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I wanna change my Blood Elf Mage into a Goblin mage and my Orc Shaman to a Goblin shaman and i'll be happy ! :-D
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.

I have all of that, now what?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It would be appreciated if race changes for the new race/class combos were implemented prior to December 7th (after 4.0.3a obviously). I know personally, I'm considering going for the realm first Archaeologist feat, and that's most likely going to be achieved by a dwarf (due to the current racials). If I have to log off as the servers go live, wait for the race change to go through, then start on it, someone else will likely have too much of a head start on it to consider catching up.

Please Blizzard, take my extra money for the race change! :)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I just purchased my race change, and im waiting for the gnome option to become avalible :'( god i hope it comes with 4.0.3a
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

I thought I'd be able to least change my Night Elf Hunter into Forsaken. Why can I not do this but I can create one? I mean you want all these changes to go through for BOTH the new race/class combos to occur at the same time as the conversion of Worgen/Goblin?

Did you guys learn nothing when you thought you could handle Vanilla WoW when it first came out and you had to add tons of new servers to compensate?

Sometimes you guys are wayyyy off base. Just like the anniversary thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm also wondering if we can pay for the Race change now and just not use it till the 7th so that at midnight, we can log in, race change to Worgen/Goblin, and begin questing in Cataclysm?

Several people asked this on page 3, but it hasn't been answered, hoping to bump this to get an answer from a Blue.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

I thought I'd be able to least change my Night Elf Hunter into Forsaken. Why can I not do this but I can create one? I mean you want all these changes to go through for BOTH the new race/class combos to occur at the same time as the conversion of Worgen/Goblin?

Did you guys learn nothing when you thought you could handle Vanilla WoW when it first came out and you had to add tons of new servers to compensate?

Sometimes you guys are wayyyy off base. Just like the anniversary thing.

because suckers like me still pay them the money, my race change is sitting there waiting until its avalible, ive wanted a gnome priest since i made dell in classic, waiting a few more weeks is ok by me, especially so i wont have to wait for any approval times or anything crazy like that when the release hits.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Any chance this has changed yet? One can hope.
Reply Quote
Very curious if the new options will unlock automatically on Dec 7 if you prepay for the race change now and wait until the time comes. It would suck to spend the money now only to find you have to buy it all over again 'cause its bugging out :)

Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Any chance this has changed yet? One can hope.

PLZPLZPLZPLZ
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You should be able to race change to troll druid right off that bat. I hope they change this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It appears they did change their mind and non goblin/worgen race changes will be available with 4.0.3a. The blog linked on the first page of this thread (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog) only mentions goblin and worgen now.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
Bump!

Would really, really love to get an official answer to the questions in here regarding pre-purchasing race/faction changes before the patch goes live, AND if there has been any change on if we can change existing 80s into the new race/class combos. Please, oh please, oh please say yes!
Reply Quote
56 Human Priest
Can we have a confirmation regarding the Race/Faction Change of a character and leaving it off till December 7th ? I'd like to do a faction change on my Blood Elf and when Cataclysm goes live, have myself switch to a Worgen. Is that possible!? Alot of threads/posts regarding this idea hehe,.
Reply Quote
My guild has moved to Horde! I don't want to wait until December 7th to join them, just because I don't want to be a Blood Elf Paladin, or spend an extra 25 Dollars.

I would just like to hear a definite response, so I can plan for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]