Race Change Question still unanswered.

85 Goblin Shaman
Bump for Truids
Reply Quote
56 Human Priest
I just want to know if a race/faction change now will let still be active till December 7th and include Worgen/Goblin.
Reply Quote
56 Human Priest
AH come on simple question!
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
answer the easy question!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'd like to add my voice to those that will be disappointed if we cannot access the new classes of the old races before December 7th via race/faction changes. I had plans to bring my Orc shaman over as a Dwarf, but I guess those will have to wait.

Thanks for your consideration.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Can I race change into Death Wing and wreck havoc upon Azeroth for a couple of days?

I believe that sort of wizardry would require a Flux Capacitor, the Arrow of Apollo, and maybe an eye of newt.

And a shrubbery
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

I find this extraordinarily disappointing. I really would like to make this character a gnome. It was among the few things that I was really looking forward to until the 7th. I really hope things change so as that we're allowed to make those changes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Good timing! Bornakk just recently commented on this (<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#blog</a>):

Changing to the new race/class combos will also be available once Cataclysm is released on December 7th. There will be a period of time between the Shattering and the launch of Cataclysm where the new combos can be created but not changed into. As with everything, this could change.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

Any light you can shine on this as to why this decision was made the way it was?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Good, finally, let's keep this one at the top for a while. Maybe we should report it for sticky for the next two weeks...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Obviously not goblin/worgen, but will you be able to make, for instance, a human Hunter once 4.0.1 comes out?

Zarhym

No, new race/class combinations will be available in patch 4.0.3.

he said non-worgen/goblin combos
as in, could a draenei shaman become a dwarf

Zarhym
Yes, the feature will be turned on at some point after 4.0.3 goes live. There wouldn't be much purpose in saying this feature will be available with 4.0.3 if we were to artificially restrict its use. :)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026397444&sid=1&pageNo=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026397444&sid=1&pageNo=2
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

Enough quotes?
Edited by War on 11/22/2010 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Quotes that don't help but make me more confused. :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Why would they say the new race/class combos would be available in 4.0.3 only to artificially restrict its use. :)

Zarhym

Yes, the feature will be turned on at some point after 4.0.3 goes live. There wouldn't be much purpose in saying this feature will be available with 4.0.3 if we were to artificially restrict its use. :)
Edited by War on 11/22/2010 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Because we have other blue posters saying they will? >.<
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Because we have other blue posters saying they will? >.<

Zarhym > all other blues
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Why would official word for a month be "new class/race combos will be available in 4.0.3a" with absolutely no word on restrictions only to find out about this now? This is poor, poor communication and disappoints an extremely large number of players who have been looking forward to this feature for quite awhile, myself included. Why won't you let us give you money tomorrow?
Reply Quote
Wait, so you want to NOT let us give you money in exchange for something that literally costs almost nothing and has no real world value?

Who are you and what have you done with blizzard? :P
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Shaman dwarf pppllllsssss 4.0.3a
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I read the blue post by Lylirra and am sorely disappointed

I have been waiting for several months (since I moved over to ally side for a new guild) to change this big blue boy over to a good ole stolid Dwarf.

Now I have to wait????

It's blizz's game, they can certainly do what they want.
But as I am also a stockholder of Activision I would REALLY reccomend they try to milk this or every cent possible

Allowing race change in the next two weeks would be a nice end of year shot in the arm for bottom line.
Also I feel that they are likely to make less money on race transfers if they force all of them in launch day/week.

Plus, I just flipping wanna do it - NOOOOWWWW.

Have a nice day

Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
I'm dumbstruck by the stupidity of the decision to not allow race changing to the new combos. Stupidest decision I've seen made in a long time devs, gg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]