Race Change Question still unanswered.

85 Gnome Priest
Would be nice if you guys implemented the option to race change NOW before cataclysm to the new race combo's..

It seems sily to be able to create a class but not change to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I can't find a compelling reason to cut off race changing to the new combos, particularly after this was made into one of the larger selling points of this patch. There are no race realm first 85 achievements (not that it would even matter) so what's the deal with this decision? Like I said before, extremely poor communication.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
still no logical response to this?

Wow for anyone who is waiting for the new races to roll a new toon) it is dumb that something like this cannot be done during the wait to dec 7th plus think of all the money you can reap off the writhing masses.

I have no reason to even use the new content until the 7th, however in the meantime i eagerly am waiting to race change. this has no real game impact i think there may be some technical reason but a post on this to clarify would rock.

Thanks

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
We should get a discount on race change, faction change for pre-ordering cataclysm and downloading it IMO :)
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Shaman
the worst part about the whole thing is its going to congest the race change even more. enough people will be changing to gob and worg it will be bad already, adding the new race/combo changes and you should expect to get anything done for a week or so.

this is a huge deal and could make the launch worse, if this is a technical deal like mentioned about, the smart developer would make it thier priority to get it done before cata to remove more stress form the launch then is necessary. its a HUGE DEAL, the launch could well determine how the expansion does in general.

make it a priority and get it done.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I have 3 Race changes to the new combos that don't include Goblin or Worgen. I'm curious as what kind of que to expect on launch day with servers acclimating to Cata People race changing to Worgens and Goblins, on top of people changing to new combos. I would think allowing the combo changes with the patch would help to alleviate some of the burden they are facing on launch day, as well as make their player base happy. I cant even imagine how angry Id be if I race changed my main on release and had to wait several days for it to process while not being able to log in and level.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
While I'm just speculating, it seems pretty obvious to me that this is due to a technical issue. As many have said, it's pretty silly to restrict the race changes for two weeks "just because." Since I don't believe Blizzard would do that "just because," the only logical explanation is that there is some technical reason behind this.

What could that be? Perhaps the race-change system they use is gigantic pain to update, so to do it once tomorrow for the new combos and again in 2 weeks for the new races would be far too much work and money, thus the 2-week delay.

Or perhaps it's easy to update, but the only way they can turn on the new combos is also to turn on the new races. Maybe they can't be separated. Why is that a problem? Easy, turning on the new races for race-change would (theoretically) allow anyone who purchased the Digital Download to race-change to a goblin/worgen tomorrow. Obviously, that is something they would prefer to prevent until December 7.

In short, whining about something you don't understand is just that: Whining in ignorance.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
In short, whining about something you don't understand is just that: Whining in ignorance.[/quote]

this is a rather ignorant response. in fact anyone here is likely wanting to be "less ignorant" as we don't know anything further other then "just cause" at this point.

Reply Quote
Community Manager
Paid Race Change to the new class combos will be available as soon as they are available to create (with the release of 4.0.3a)

This is an update to the previous expected functioning of this service. We're in the process of ensuring everyone here has this latest updated information, just know that this is what's now accurate. :)
Edited by Bashiok on 11/22/2010 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Paid Race Change to the new class combos will be available as soon as they are available to create (with the release of 4.0.3a)

This is an update to the previous expected functioning of this service. We're in the process of ensuring everyone here has this latest updated information, just know that this is what's now accurate. :)

WOO HOO!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Thanks Bashiok,

I think I have to change my shorts now!!!!! Woot!
Reply Quote

THIS ROLLER COASTER OF EMOTION!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

thank you sir, im sure the update is appreciated by many.

Truid here i come :)
Edited by Avedon on 11/22/2010 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
sweetness
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
OTL
Ready and waiting!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm going to die... and then raise again as a Forsaken!
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Is there a blue that can confirm a question?

Can you pay for a paid race change this second, and save the option to change into a new race/class combo until it's available? I'd imagine the wait time tomorrow will be absurd.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Woot, that just made my day :) Troll druid incoming!
Edited by Calypsoh on 11/22/2010 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]