Is the Razzashi Hatchling item to be removed?

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Priest
Through a stroke of luck, I've happened across several Razzashi Hatchlings recently. I was wondering if in Cataclysm the item itself will be removed? I'd hate to log in after the expansion and see they are missing from my bag. Can I keep one for the Worgen I am going to roll or do I have to use it now?
14 Dwarf Hunter
the item will not be removed, the drop however, will be. you can save it for your worgen.
Community Manager
If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)
10 Tauren Hunter
If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

And with this news comes the price plummet of the Razzashi Hatchling.

Hi Bullymayes here, I have a special Razzashi Hatchling to sell as soon as possible!

SQUEE!!!
85 Troll Shaman
I remember when I was farming ZG on my 4 80's I would always clear the raptors, always got 1-2 of the pets and they always sold for 500g each. Was amazing lol
86 Night Elf Priest

SELL! SELL!
10 Tauren Hunter
Trade chat is blowing up with WTS Razzashi Hatchling everywhere right now hahaha
90 Troll Shaman
I remember when I was farming ZG on my 4 80's I would always clear the raptors, always got 1-2 of the pets and they always sold for 500g each. Was amazing lol

You're awfully lucky then. My friend and I have been clearing the Raptors for months and seldom see one at all drop.
85 Troll Shaman

You're awfully lucky then. My friend and I have been clearing the Raptors for months and seldom see one at all drop.

I have been hearing this a lot lately, I always thought they were common drops from how many I was getting. Guess I just got lucky with the pets, a lot lol
90 Orc Death Knight
now don't I feel like a fool for farming 3 of these thinking they would be priceless.

/disappoint

making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.
Edited by Nomm on 11/10/2010 2:50 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman

I have been hearing this a lot lately, I always thought they were common drops from how many I was getting. Guess I just got lucky with the pets, a lot lol

Sometimes I would even go hunt down every pack with a single Raptor in it just in hopes of finding one. I think my friend and I have gotten a total of 4 of the pets after farming every reset for at least the past 3 or 4 months. I haven't seen one since they announced the pets would be unavailable (with no promises about returning) so I didn't even have one I was saving to sell. :/

I kept hearing about how common the Horseman's Mount was dropping this year too but I didn't get one and neither did most of my alts (2 out of my 8 level 80s). Yeah, it was better than previous years but you'd swear they were dropping every run for some people.
82 Troll Hunter
now don't I feel like a fool for farming 3 of these thinking they would be priceless.

/disappoint

making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.

Unethical? lol, you need to learn to read buddy. In the VERY SAME post about it being unavailable, they also said they were probably going to find a new home for them and be put back in as soon as they did find the new home.

Sorry you feel like you wasted your time, even though you were basically trying to exploit the removal by ripping people off for massive amounts of gold.

Now who's unethical?
90 Orc Hunter
If only the mounts where that clever.. =(
If only the mounts where that clever.. =(

They will be.
90 Human Warlock

Hurray!

The pet community shall be happy :D
10 Tauren Hunter
I really wanted to see what would happen to a pet price over time once an extinction occurred - it would've been interesting to watch.
85 Undead Warlock
Glad I'm at work right now and not at home trying to sell the raptor that dropped for me on my recent ZG run. </sarcasm>

I'm sure that when I get home, word would've spread to make selling it for anything above 500g an impossibility.

Was hoping it would be extinct so I can run around with a retired, unavailable pet.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]