Is the Razzashi Hatchling item to be removed?

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Hunter
I remember when I was farming ZG on my 4 80's I would always clear the raptors, always got 1-2 of the pets and they always sold for 500g each. Was amazing lol

You're awfully lucky then. My friend and I have been clearing the Raptors for months and seldom see one at all drop.

My luck on this must really suck then. I have been clearing them for the last few months in hopes that I would find one, just ONE!!! And I have not seen a single one drop.

Oh well, random is random. And I have never got my Crimson Whelp to drop either.

/sadface
85 Tauren Shaman
now don't I feel like a fool for farming 3 of these thinking they would be priceless.

/disappoint

making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.

new List<object> = ListOfThingsInWoW;

ListOfThingsInWoW = WoW.GetAllItems();

foreach(item in ListOfThingsInWoW)
{
making an official announcement the item would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo
}

Some things go, some things stay. Be nice if they didn't change their minds constantly because some people never got one.

Also, I'd like an Armani Warbear.
90 Human Warlock
Congrats Blizzard, you're 2 in 2 on bad decisions today

What's next? The epic cooking recipe will be available through other means? yes of course it will who am i kidding

What will you change your mind about next? No Shattering? Cost too much? People will QQ too much if their favorite zone are destroyed?

Seriously stop changing your mind and stop making things always EASIER for all the casuals in the world who were too lazy to grind the Shen'dralar rep or the razzashi raptor from ZG, those 2 things have been available for so freaking long if they don't have it by now they deserve to pay the price, either by missing on a Feat of Strength or literally pay the big price.

AND LET THOSE NEW PLAYERS BE DAMNED IF THEY DARE WANT THIS PET! /RAWR

They only added the baby raptors not all that long ago... Even more recently they changed the pets to drop from a nest instead of a rare spawn dino...

Not everyone is playing WoW as of yet... Gotta leave something for the newbies! I know it still bugs me that I missed out on the 07 xmas robot pet (I didn't join WoW till 08) :P
My luck on this must really suck then. I have been clearing them for the last few months in hopes that I would find one, just ONE!!! And I have not seen a single one drop.

Oh well, random is random. And I have never got my Crimson Whelp to drop either.

/sadface

Forum Loot Law is now in effect. Enjoy your new Raptor pet and Crimson Whelp.
82 Troll Hunter

What's next? The epic cooking recipe will be available through other means? yes of course it will who am i kidding

What will you change your mind about next? No Shattering? Cost too much? People will QQ too much if their favorite zone are destroyed?

Seriously stop changing your mind and stop making things always EASIER for all the casuals in the world who were too lazy to grind the Shen'dralar rep or the razzashi raptor from ZG, those 2 things have been available for so freaking long if they don't have it by now they deserve to pay the price, either by missing on a Feat of Strength or literally pay the big price.

Since you all seem to have selective-amnesia here is the OP about things being removed:

"As stated in the Under Dev page (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/), patch 4.0.3 brings about The Shattering, a cataclysmic event that will forever change the face of Azeroth. As we prepare to raise the level cap and introduce two new races with the Cataclysm expansion, it's important to keep in mind that the game world is going through tremendous changes that will affect the availability of certain rare mounts and items.

Swift Zulian Tiger
Zul'Gurub is changing from a raid to a leveling zone in 4.0.3, and this mount will no longer be obtainable.

Swift Razzashi Raptor
This mount will also no longer be obtainable after the change to Zul'Gurub.

Razzashi Hatchling
With the change to Zul'Gurub this non-combat pet will no longer be obtainable.

Tome of Polymorph: Turtle
This tome will continue to be available through other means.

Crusader's White/Black Warhorse and Swift Alliance Steed/Swift Horde Wolf
As the attempt-based tribute system is being removed from Heroic Trial of the Crusader, the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest will no longer spawn, and these mounts will no longer be obtainable

Reins of the Blue Drake
This mount will once again be available from defeating 10-player Malygos without needing to use the Dungeon Finder. The Reins of the Azure Drake will only be available on 25-player Malygos.

Mimiron's Head
This mount will change to be a very low drop chance when defeating 25-player Yogg'Saron with no Keepers assisting you

Invincible
This mount will change to be a very low drop chance when defeating Heroic 25-player Lich King

Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future."

They didn't change their mind about the pet. They stated they would possibly find them a new home and re-release these items if they could. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. Anyone who is upset by Blizzard following through with their original intent is just mad cause they won't be able to (essentially) scam people out of money by trying to sell this pet after it's removal. Honestly, you have no reason to be mad at Blizzard for this.
90 Troll Hunter
If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. ;)

Oh god, now I can stop freaking out about it.
85 Worgen Druid
Why do I have this eerie feeling the two hatchlings in my bank are going to be worth a Light Feather instead of 30k soon™?
90 Orc Death Knight
(essentially) scam people out of money by trying to sell this pet after it's removal.

Since when is foresight and finding opportunity a scam? You had the same opportunity to farm the pet as the rest of us.
Edited by Nomm on 11/11/2010 9:59 AM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter

They are not changing their minds on anything when it comes to the raptor pet, or are you just looking for something to complain about? And in regards to the Shen'dralar rep, this is not the post for that. If you want to tackle that issue there are other threads where you can take up your pitchfork and storm the Blizzard castle in.

Now, back to the raptor pet, maybe you should go back and read the original post they made when they announced that they will no longer be available from the ZG raid instance... here, I will even post the link and the relevant quote for you:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27291810112&sid=1
Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future.

Notice that they have always planned to add them back in if they could find a suitable place where they fit. And well, according to the blue post that has happened for this pet.
82 Troll Hunter
Why do I have this eerie feeling the two hatchlings in my bank are going to be worth a Light Feather instead of 30k soon™?

Still not going to be a common drop. It'll still be worth more than a Light Feather. Heck, i would even try to get on right now and sell it, if that's what you want to do. There are tons of players that never come to the forums or visit any fan-sites. So there will still be a market for this pet.
90 Human Warlock
Not everyone is playing WoW as of yet... Gotta leave something for the newbies! I know it still bugs me that I missed out on the 07 xmas robot pet (I didn't join WoW till 08) :P

Allright so whats your point?

People who don't play wow right now will not have the opportunity to see and feel and play in old azeroth like we've known it for the past 6 years

Should Blizzard cancel the shattering because new players won't experience the old azeroth? After today i wouldn't be surprised if they did announce that

Dunno what got into the dev team lately i bet one of them became a father or something and brainwashed the others that casuals should be entitled to things.

That's just it. They are changing the entire game... Is it really that bad if they leave the pets alone?

I was wondering if the Hyacinth Macaw would become a feat of strength, seems it shall not & instead become easier to farm. Oh well, I still love my pets! :) They will be missing out on the mounts & well, everything... Again, why not leave a few things behind?
82 Troll Hunter

Allright so whats your point?

People who don't play wow right now will not have the opportunity to see and feel and play in old azeroth like we've known it for the past 6 years

Should Blizzard cancel the shattering because new players won't experience the old azeroth? After today i wouldn't be surprised if they did announce that

Dunno what got into the dev team lately i bet one of them became a father or something and brainwashed the others that casuals should be entitled to things.

Wow, you need to relax a bit. Take 2 QQ-pills and check the forums in the morning. Sheesh...

New players that start after the Shattering will not know what they were missing from Old Azeroth because *GASP* they didn't play back then. So, how can you miss something you never had?

Again, nothing was changed. Even before the Insane drama, Blizzard said they were going to TRY to keep all the current achievements in place as is. Unfortunately some of the changes made this difficult and they had to make a difficult decision to "break" the Insane achievement. This has since been fixed because Blizzard new players wanted it. Heck, i would wager to bet that if nobody had contributed any kind of QQ about it, they would have fixed it anyway.

I think it may be time for you to take a small break from WoW, if this kind of thing is upsetting you so much. I would think you would be used to QQ'ers getting their way by this point in WoW's life. It happens quite often. You have to see this from Blizzards PoV though, if they neglect to listen to their customers and give in once in a while they will alienate themselves from the customers and loose them as a result.
82 Troll Hunter

Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future.

Key words here being future
So lemme get this straight, Soon™ means never and now we have Future™ who means a week later
They changed their minds, if you can't see that you seriously need glasses or common sense

Well, it was almost 2 months ago, not a few weeks. lol...

Look at the post that you quoted, well, the last part anyway....

"we have no current plans" - meaning at the time of the post
"they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future." - Can mean any amount of time.

Why does appeasing their customers make you mad? Businesses have been making TONS of money by doing just this...all throughout history. Why is it such a shock that Blizzard wants to follow this historically set precedent? Next you're gonna tell me how evil Blizzard is for wanting to make money...i can see it now.
Edited by Scaryduck on 11/10/2010 4:11 PM PST
82 Troll Hunter
New players that start after the Shattering will not know what they were missing from Old Azeroth because *GASP* they didn't play back then. So, how can you miss something you never had?

Thanx for proving my point, stopped reading after that.

Well, at least you read the part about the QQ-pills, hopefully they will help you relax a bit before you try to post a message on the forums again.
90 Human Warlock
Why does appeasing their customers make you mad? Businesses have been making TONS of money by doing just this...all throughout history. Why is it such a shock that Blizzard wants to follow this historically set precedent? Next you're gonna tell me how evil Blizzard is for wanting to make money...i can see it now.

Cause every time they cater to their ''customers'' it's always coming from people who shouldn't deserve anything and it's getting worst every single time they do it.

What makes someone "deserve" something? Hmmm? I think if you spend hours upon hours grinding to get a pet, you deserve it. Do the people who went in there for the first time ever & got the pet & both mounts on their first try deserve them? Yeah, they do. (Curse you lucky people! :P) Just because something is left in the game doesn't mean it's easy mode... Sure they are changing how to get the pet but why rage?

There are plenty of limited items in the game. /points to vampiric batling

Can't get that anymore, now can you?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]