Is the Razzashi Hatchling item to be removed?

(Locked)

80 Human Paladin
I'm glad they are retaining the item, but can you please keep them absurdly difficult to farm, like the whelps? Otherwise I overpaid for mine. (5000g)
100 Human Warlock
Anyone and their mother can already see all the content in the game (hopefully this changes in Cataclysm), don't make every aspect including vanity pets and mounts easily available to everyone in the game.

Why is it such a bad thing for customers to seen content?

They've said the pet will be available. They never said it would be "easily available". Tons of pets and mounts are available that have incredibly low drop rates. Just because they've decided to have it available outside of ZG doesn't mean they're awarding it for logging in.
85 Night Elf Druid
Does WoW not have the whinniest community ever in the history of a game? It's unbelievable how people QQ about their non-combat pets and worthless achievements. At least you just spent fake gold on your pet, not dozens of real-life hours.
85 Goblin Priest
big /like ^_^
100 Orc Death Knight
I'm glad they are retaining the item, but can you please keep them absurdly difficult to farm, like the whelps? Otherwise I overpaid for mine. (5000g)

I noticed a number of people who couldn't get rid of them for 3k on my server last night.
Edited by Nomm on 11/11/2010 8:38 AM PST
You are calling a game developer "unethical".....lol.... because they decide to return a digital pet to a video game thus preventing you from making vast amounts of digital gold, for your imaginary character that is housed on a computer server and has absolutely no bearing on anything remotely important in the world other than the pure enjoyment of those who play the game..
Excuse me while I go cry/laugh to myself for doing the same thing ( farming them). Then just saying " OH well" to myself when I saw the post.
BTW I fully support the change. Even though ZG was one of my favorite raids ever and am sad to see it go, I am hoping the quest hub will be as enjoyable and look forward to it on my worgen/goblin.
91 Undead Warlock
Anyone and their mother can already see all the content in the game (hopefully this changes in Cataclysm), don't make every aspect including vanity pets and mounts easily available to everyone in the game.

Why is it such a bad thing for customers to seen content?

They've said the pet will be available. They never said it would be "easily available". Tons of pets and mounts are available that have incredibly low drop rates. Just because they've decided to have it available outside of ZG doesn't mean they're awarding it for logging in.

This. I'm not getting my hopes up obviously, but Hyacinth Macaw, anyone? =P
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why can I not give the last blue post a thumbs up? Very well put! Now please find a suitable new location for the Swift Zulian Tiger that has avoided many of us for many years.

Agreed!
87 Worgen Warlock
Edited by Monsoon on 12/10/2010 11:01 PM PST
85 Undead Warlock
One quick question. If someone transferred a toon after your announcement for the sole purpose to be able to buy the pet on a AH and then transferred back the the server they basically wasted $50 on something you announced a month ago. Does this mean a refund for the transfer is warranted.

No but there is a deserved lol and a lesson learned. It wasn't set in stone when it was announced. It sucks for you but it is truly your error not theirs.
85 Orc Shaman
People should stop QQing about remove of things. That's what makes them unique. Pretty much like the Quiraji Battle tank which can't be obtained anymore but is still in game for those who worked for it.

Fact is : You guys got owned, end of story.
100 Human Warlock
You didn't give an announcement before you removed the hunter ghost wolf pet.. you even specifically said you wouldn't remove it, and then did, with no warning.

Just sayin..

Changing how a vanity pet drops and a addressing a bug allowing something to be tamed by hunters are completely different.

And things change over the course of 2 years.

Just sayin..
Edited by Amantheil on 11/11/2010 9:25 AM PST
100 Human Warlock
Just like how you guys don't give us early release dates because people will schedule vacations on them only to have the releases pushed back, it would be best to post "we're still undecided" (not silence either) until it's final.

Nothing in this game is set in stone. If they did things the way you're suggesting there wouldn't be any previews, any communication, any information at all - because everything is subject to change up until it's released, and in many cases even after release.

If they had said "we don't know whether it will be available or not" would anything have changed? Probably not. Collectors would still be frantically farming ZG because they didn't kinow what was going to happen. Speculators would still be hoarding the eggs to sell because they might be removed (and even if not, they'd still sell well on the AH).

I appreciate honest and open communication, even when that means they change their mind or plans, over vague comments like "we can't tell you."
Edited by Amantheil on 11/11/2010 9:45 AM PST
100 Orc Death Knight
making an official announcement the hatchling would no longer be available, knowing full well people would spend lots of time and effort to farm it feverishly before it goes away, and then suddenly saying it actually will still be available, thus making the item entirely less valuable (potentially worthless depending on how it is obtained) and the time some of us spent a waste, is sort of unethical imo.

When we made the original announcement last month that certain pets and mounts would be removed, it was to inform players of changes that could potentially impact their gameplay. We know that there are many avid collectors out there and, whenever possible, we want to give players notice when a favorite item might be removed. In that same announcement, we also clarified that, while we didn't have any current plans to re-introduce the specified pets and mounts, if we happened to find a suitable location to add them back in, we would certainly consider it.

Totally reasonable, right?

Since then, we found an appropriate place for the Razzashi Hatchling, and it felt like a good opportunity to restore a pet beloved by so many. Naturally, we were excited to share this information with all of you, as we knew a lot of players were saddened to hear about the little guy's initial departure. There was no malicious intent, no crazy conspiracy behind this decision. We saw an opportunity to make the game more enjoyable that meshed with our design goals, and we went with it. Simple as that.

In the end, the worth of the Razzashi Hatchling isn't solely measured in gold, and it would be a fallacy to think that we create non-combat pets simply to provide players with something to sell on the Auction House for profit. To many, pets like the Razzashi Hatchling represent something fun and exciting, and that's just as valid a currency as any in World of Warcraft.

While I'm sorry you're at a financial disadvantage now, I'm hoping you're still be able to enjoy the pet for what it is (re: an adorable, head-bobbing reptilian sidekick) -- or, given that it will still be a rare pet, perhaps even find someone who will adopt it for a reasonable price. Good luck. :)

Thank you for responding to my feedback, Lylirra. I'm a pet collector myself and know well these items aren't solely measured in gold.

You must know the effect of the Blue Word. The original post, caveat or not, lead us to believe the pet would no longer be obtainable, and, if it ever were to be, it’d likely be after some time, otherwise there’d be no real need for such an official announcement.

This undeniably caused an obvious and widespread increase in worth of the Razzashi Hatchling, specifically because of the announcement. Some of us even reserved our weekend to farm the hell out of the thing, investing in the opportunity at hand to have a priceless item, at least for a while. Our now wasted investment, namely our time, unfortunately is not something you can make drop from another mob.

The problem is larger than the silly pet. It has to do with precedent and trust in a world driven by reward. As you know, much of this game involves spending precious time on things we (have been lead to) believe are valuable. For a dog, the value of doing a trick is likely the treat he receives after. If suddenly this reward is taken away, he may reconsider doing the trick next time. Consistency builds trust and he simply will learn to mistrust the reliability of the reward.

Mediocre analogies aside, the value of *all things* in this game becomes increasingly unstable as incidents like this happen. Because at any moment a blue could announce the thing you’ve been working on all month and thought was so very valuable is actually now worthless, now a complete waste of your non-refundable time. At what point does this risk outweigh the potential worth of anything then?

I understand your explanation, but I hope you can also see my point in this effect and have more foresight the next time you bluely announce something will be removed from the game, because some of us will take your word for it.
100 Orc Death Knight
The original blue post said there would be a period of unavailability, so announcing the restoration before removing it is a contradiction.
85 Undead Rogue
Now if you could just find a new home for the ZG tiger mount? Or at least another tiger somewhere since there is no other way (not counting the loot card) to get one horde side.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]