I must ask...

8 Gnome Mage
Where in the Twisting Nether is true Alliance pride? Every time I come to these forums I hear Alliance complain about how they want Lordaeron back, it sickens me! I mean come on, Lordaeron was a weak nation. Srsly. What did they ever accomplish? Oh you want me to give you that whole "Grand Alliance" bull? Uh, no my good pants-less sirs and missus, that was an idea of a true member of the Human race, a champion of a true nation, a nation tempered within the fires of war, a nation where the idea of UNITY became a beacon of hope, a nation that gave birth to the most epic, most beloved, most honored hero of all, Sir Anduin Lothar, Supreme Commander of the Alliance, Lion of Azeroth, Knight Champion of Azeroth, Champion of Stormwind, Knight of the Realm, and the King's Champion!

Pft, Lordaeron, all that garbage kingdom has ever produced was weaklings, i.e. Arthas, Terenas, Uther, people who have had no true backbone. Oh you like Arthas over Lothar because he has some mighty hair? Then look no further than the mighty Chin, so much hair that it attacks his body! And a sexy chin to boot! Shoot, who's better than the dual persona that is Varian?! He's so awesome, he has not one but two, re read that TWO personalities with in him! Not even that lame emo cry baby Garrosh can lay claim to that! Lothar was so epic that the stupid Warchief of the Horde had to AMBUSH him! (I don't care what the book says, Lothar was ambushed, like a true gangstah!) And you weaklings want a stupid battle cry: "For Lordaeron!" Pah, garbage! GARBAGE I SAYS! The rallying cry for the Alliance should always be: "For LOTHAR!" insert a couple of rawrs in there, and not even the mighty Thrall will ever know what to do!

So in short words, let the weak forsaken grab some val'kyr, and raise some REAL soldiers! Stormwind heroes, and let them SHOW the Forsaken how to do war! Let the Forsaken hold onto the Northern Kingdoms, for when the day arises and the Alliance marches to Lordaeron, they will be defeated by true warriors, warriors bred by that same Ovaltine that Uncle Lothar drank deeply from! Let Lordaeron bear the brunt force of Stormwind! And let Lordaeronians cry out for some sort of mercy from true war heroes!

there is not enough +like in the world
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
there is not enough +like in the world

Quite.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I want Lordaeron back because it's prime beach front property. You have to imagine that the Forsaken have completely mismanaged the housing market, what with their tendency to literally let the buildings rot around them, so prices will be, if you'll pardon the term, in the grave. I buy that lot up, throw up a couple of cheap houses and sell it to the idiot Stormwind nobles who want a summer home by the sea at immense profit.

I suppose the servants could live in those garish buildings with all the lightning rods that the Forsaken have been putting up.

And I swear this plan isn't just some elaborate and overly complex plot to ruin the Azerothian economy so when Lord Sargares invades you all will be paupers defending yourselves with sticks.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
I want Lordaeron back because it's prime beach front property. You have to imagine that the Forsaken have completely mismanaged the housing market, what with their tendency to literally let the buildings rot around them, so prices will be, if you'll pardon the term, in the grave. I buy that lot up, throw up a couple of cheap houses and sell it to the idiot Stormwind nobles who want a summer home by the sea at immense profit.

I suppose the servants could live in those garish buildings with all the lightning rods that the Forsaken have been putting up.

And I swear this plan isn't just some elaborate and overly complex plot to ruin the Azerothian economy so when Lord Sargares invades you all will be paupers defending yourselves with sticks.

Maybe you Alliance should've paid the rent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Rent was paid through the end of the decade, but then Arthas brought the ghouls back and slaughtered everyone. The landlord then exercised the "no pets," "no parties" and "no subletting" clauses and evicted him.
In retrospect, we should have realized something was up when he started demanding his own copy of the key as soon as he moved in.
Edited by Kelrexia on 11/9/2010 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock

Rent was paid through the end of the decade, but then Arthas brought the ghouls back and slaughtered everyone. The landlord then exercised the "no pets," "no parties" and "no subletting" clauses and evicted him.
In retrospect, we should have realized something was up when he started demanding his own copy of the key as soon as he moved in.

Yeah. Too bad Varimanthras got kicked out. Apparently the Orcs complained he was causing too much noise. Him and his late night parties.
Edited by Morth on 11/9/2010 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
I've never understood the fixation on Lordaeron. I've always been more of a fan of Stormwind. I hate that a dead kingdom seems to get more recognition and appreciation than one still around and fighting.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
I've never understood the fixation on Lordaeron. I've always been more of a fan of Stormwind. I hate that a dead kingdom seems to get more recognition and appreciation than one still around and fighting.

pretty much this

everyone's like BAWWWW LORDAERON BAWWWWWWWW when stormwind gets lothar, varian, and bolvar. there's a clear winner here.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock

pretty much this

everyone's like BAWWWW LORDAERON BAWWWWWWWW when stormwind gets lothar, varian, and bolvar. there's a clear winner here.

I think It's because the Alliance was formed at Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Hahaha.
Reply Quote
Yeah..., I'm a Hordie and all, but Uther was cool. Terenas is debatable, and Arthas is a definite jerkass, but Uther was cool.

Though not as cool as bow ties.

--------------------------------------------------------
“And the next time you find a human pup, LEAVE IT BE.” - Grom Hellscream, Lord of the Clans
Edited by Kerasth on 11/9/2010 7:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
For Stormwind! Lordaeron fell in a matter of weeks! We are still going strong! WE are the face of the Alliance now! WE are the Human Kingdom! FOR KING WRYNN!
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
Yeah..., I'm a Hordie and all, but Uther was cool. Terenas is debatable, and Arthas is a definite jerkass, but Uther was cool.

Though not as cool as bow ties.

“And the next time you find a human pup, LEAVE IT BE.” - Grom Hellscream, Lord of the Clans

I don't think Uther was that cool, really. What did he ever really do that was notable? Get killed by Arthas?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

I don't think Uther was that cool, really. What did he ever really do that was notable? Get killed by Arthas?

He's a wc2 character +10 awesome.
Reply Quote

He was one of the original human paladins. Just the story of how he got his name is pretty damn awesome, too.

Edited by Kerasth on 11/9/2010 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Rogue
WC2 heroes don't get props unless they died in battle or were trapped behind a portal for 20 years. So pffft to that.

I won't doubt he was alright, I just don't particularly find him to be a big deal. Certainly not enough to warrant all the strange Lordaeron attachment.
Reply Quote
Because the Lordaeron storyline was probably the most compelling Alliance storyline in lore and it's frustrating to see that swept out from under our feet and given to the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because Night Elves have been pushed off to the side, Dwarves apparently lack a back bone, Space Goats dont have lore, Gnomes cant even take their city back with the help from the rest of the alliance because of radiation, and since humans are what Blizzard tends to focus on for "big" lore movments on Alliance side, we take what we can get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]