Spirit of Redemption Passive

85 Human Warlock
Spirit of Redemption is a fantastic, holy priest ability that is not only graphically cool, but a great utility.

But it's only useful when dead, which is highly considered a bad thing. Its an ability that only procs if the worst happens.

My idea - make it also give a buff when bad things happen to other people.

In addition to its current functionality, have Spirit of Redemption also give the priest a mana boost, and spellpower buff whenever a party or raid member dies. Not so huge a buff that "bring an expendable PUG" is a viable raid strategy, but just if the worst happens, the Holy Priest can temporarily pull a raid from dying.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
To my reply on the "old" forums, I'll add that incentivizing player death is always, always a very difficult thing to balance, and something the developers probably don't take lightly. =)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
That portion of it is true - that's one of the reasons they removed divine sacrifice.

That's why I wrote it shouldn't be too large or long of a buff. Because "find a fury warrior in trade chat for the hunter to kill" during difficult boss fights so your holy priests won't run out of mana shouldn't be a cooldown like Mana Tide.

Although, technically Priests already do sometimes throw themselves in the fire after ooming to save the day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
To my reply on the "old" forums, I'll add that incentivizing player death is always, always a very difficult thing to balance, and something the developers probably don't take lightly. =)

Agreed.

In any other game I wouldn't worry, but WoW tends to have the selfish, arrogant, my-playing-enjoyment-at-all-costs attitude that would lead to allowing deaths in the interest of a self-buff.

Not to mention it would be difficult to balance between PvE (where it could be okay) and PvP where it would out of control.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I always wondered why it doesn't just make the first person who dies in the raid turn into a Spirit of Redemption, with a handful of healing spells to use for the duration (which should be a bit longer, I think).

That way raids will more often get some use out of it, at least.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I always wondered why it doesn't just make the first person who dies in the raid turn into a Spirit of Redemption, with a handful of healing spells to use for the duration (which should be a bit longer, I think).

Well I wouldn't think it going off on the first person to die would be very good, but if they make it like DK's raise ally and you could use it on any friendly corpse to turn them into a spirit of redemption for 30-45 seconds, now that would be cool.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Even 15 seconds would still be really cool if it were usable multiple times per fight.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Well it could either be balanced with a fairly long duration and fairly weak/limited heals, or a short duration and good heals. Would be kinda cool in any case though
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter

Well I wouldn't think it going off on the first person to die would be very good, but if they make it like DK's raise ally and you could use it on any friendly corpse to turn them into a spirit of redemption for 30-45 seconds, now that would be cool.

Word.

Or, rather than raising the actual person, a corpse is used to summon a Spirit of Redemption. That could be awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
i could be a supporter of the targetable spirit of redeption model. i like what you guys are coming up with.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Best part of being a Holy Priest in PvP, when you're oom go taunt someone so they kill you then heal your team mates. It's Blizzard's sick joke to priests that if you're oom best thing to do is die.

If you agree "Like" it on the side lol. But anyways it is a potent tool on Valithria Dreamwalker and any PvP setting to heal from beyond the grave for a short while.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]