Dead Characters - Used Poorly

80 Gnome Rogue

I still say it should've been Varok who died, and Dranosh who took up his mantle and such :(

I have a feeling that the only reason Dranosh was killed instead of Varok was because they were either too attached to him themselves or they felt there would have been too much backlash from the fanbase.
Edited by Shaila on 11/10/2010 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Orc Death Knight
Most of what has already been said I agree with, especially Zul'Jin (Troll /charge still has For Zul'jin in it doesn't it) Malygos and doubly so for Ner'Zhul.

The Lich King was the ultimate betrayer of the humans and the ultimate betrayer of the orcs rolled into one, but emphasis was placed only on Arthas, which awkwardly makes the orcs kind of follow all of the hate and indignation the humans have for Arthas rather than their own conflicts. Yes, there's the BE and Forsaken, but it's only them and they are hardly close to the main body of the Horde, nor do they particularly care about the Horde at large.

Malygos was a Dragon Aspect, and I was surprised to see one of the most powerful dragons we could ever face an entry-level one-shot boss. It actually dulled the effect of seeing Deathwing as the main villain of Cataclysm for me, since the last Dragon Aspect that tried to mess with mortals was put down so...easily.

And it does bother me that Zul'Jin was killed unceremoniously and the tie-in faction followed a guy who was little more than comic relief.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'd have agree with Malygos and Zul'jin. Malygos I know the reason why we needed to kill him but the aftermath of killing a Dragon Aspect I don't think came across well. I felt that Zul'jin who in warcraft2 was such an important character for the horde at that time was killed really for some loot.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
The Lich King was the ultimate betrayer of the humans and the ultimate betrayer of the orcs rolled into one, but emphasis was placed only on Arthas, which awkwardly makes the orcs kind of follow all of the hate and indignation the humans have for Arthas rather than their own conflicts. Yes, there's the BE and Forsaken, but it's only them and they are hardly close to the main body of the Horde, nor do they particularly care about the Horde at large.

I don't think that is common knowledge. The Litch King didn't become known to the general populas until Arthas murdered his farther and laid waste to his kingdom and silvermoon.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Whitemane :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm gonna go for Teron Gorefiend. I want him to be right when he implies his immortality though. "And so the wheel spins again..."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

I still say it should've been Varok who died, and Dranosh who took up his mantle and such :(

I have a feeling that the only reason Dranosh was killed instead of Varok was because they were either too attached to him themselves or they felt there would have been too much backlash from the fanbase.

Varok Saurfang will never die. He's the brother of Broxigar, for crying out loud.

For reals though: Hakkar. The Soulflayer needs more lore! :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Zul'jin. No contest.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Zul'jin. No contest.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Zul'jin's death was perfect if you ask me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

How so?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock

He didn't really do much. He just kind of stood there telling us the old "HAHA, YOU WILL ALL DIE MUHAHAHAHA" and then got killed by 25 guys for lewt.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest

He didn't really do much. He just kind of stood there telling us the old "HAHA, YOU WILL ALL DIE MUHAHAHAHA" and then got killed by 25 guys for lewt.

10 guys.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Saurfang the Younger

It just felt like he was introduced just to be killed and raised by Arthas to be used as a raid boss.

Agreed, I feel he had so much more potential as a character.
Reply Quote
Teron Gorefiend I mean for a dude that can almost beat Turalyon he gets one quest chain and then he is killed in BT and no explanation for why in the books he is so pro Old horde, but instead that he joins Illidan instead of the New Horde.
Reply Quote
Ner'zhul, Dranosh Saurfang, and a certain blatant sacrificial lion from the beta.

HA I was right that you would come back. Excuse me while I go rub it in too peoples faces in another thread.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
certain blatant sacrificial lion from the beta.

Who?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
certain blatant sacrificial lion from the beta.

Who?

Perhaps not "sacrificial lion" as much as "sacrificial wolf," if you get my meaning.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]