Shadowmourne and 10man ICC

85 Human Paladin
Hello everyone, this is just a quick thread to ask if anyone has heard whether they will change the quest requirements for Shadowmourne so it can be completed in either 10 or 25 man difficulty since this will hopefully be the way in Cata since all loot is shared if at a reduced rate in 10 man versions.

I'm sure i read in the blizzcon stuff about thinking about it, at this point the weapon wont be used for anything other than it looks cool and of course the achievement, anyone heard anything about it, or was it a joke on the panels part and i failed to get it :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Historically (i.e.: in BC and WotLK), Blizzard does not change "old content" after a new expansion unless it is severely bugged.

Thus, do not expect the quest lines to receive any changes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i figured as much, was just a thought, thanks for the replies :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
They're probably still thinking about it. If they do make it available in 10man ICC, then they'll do the same for the legendary from Ulduar. I wouldn't rule it out as impossible given that they are adding in a guild achievement to get all the legendary weapons that are still available and it would be in poor taste to force new 10man guilds into having to PuG people to complete the achievement. I highly doubt anyone is going to be 10 manning ICC 25 or Ulduar 25 once people start raidng 85 raids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
see thats what i thought, its not like its going to be of any use, even if i did the infusion quests i'd still have to farm icc with my guild or pugs to get the shard s ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
see thats what i thought, its not like its going to be of any use, even if i did the infusion quests i'd still have to farm icc with my guild or pugs to get the shard s ^_^

There are cool vanity items when you get it. People farm ZG endlessly for a stupid tiger mount. I wouldnt be surprised if they farmed ICC for Smourne.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Lux

There are cool vanity items when you get it. People farm ZG endlessly for a stupid tiger mount. I wouldnt be surprised if they farmed ICC for Smourne.

Smourne comes with a box full of vanity items for the person who gets it (and whoever they share with).

I can see it happening.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not going to happen. There's no reason to go back and add shadowfrost shards to 10 man, and if you're in a 10 man guild and want to craft shadowmourne for acheivments and the lore items at 85 theres nothing stopping you from entering the 25 player version with 10 or fewer lvl 85 players.

Theres really no reason why you can't 8 man icc 25 at 85. You might even able to 5 man it. Theres no need whatsoever for ICC 10 to need to support shadowmourne crafting in cataclysm.
Edited by Shunyata on 11/10/2010 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Sure make it easier for my alt to get!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Sure make it easier for my alt to get!!!

You mean it doesn't already? :x
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Smourne comes with a box full of vanity items for the person who gets it (and whoever they share with).

I can see it happening.

I'm almost positive they're removing that stuff.

EDIT: That is, I'm almost positive I've read a blue post saying that stuff will be removed with Cata.
Edited by Mooclane on 11/10/2010 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]