The Sad State of Combat Rogues Come Cataclysm

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Anyone who's been through the past two expansions will tell you one simple thing. "Same s***, different expansion." We've gone through this twice now. New expansion goes into beta, we test the hell out of it, find major problems with one of the specs (read: combat) under performing, post our results on the boards with math, theory craft, testing, ect. Blizzard ignores us until the major population makes it to the raid content, in which those not in the beta also run into the same exact issues plaguing the class at its core. @%%##fest ('08, '09, '10) starts on the boards and by the time the second tier of raiding comes out, we get a fix.

To expect something more would be hoping for a miracle.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
would be nice to get a fix before having to suck for 2 tiers worth of content :/

Again - like we did in WotLK, and BC. Hey - could we get one freakin expansion where we weren't broken for the first half of it? Just for grins really?

O.o
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Shaman
Killing Spree benefits from using 2 slow weapons, our mastery promotes this as well but than why does Combat Potency want us to use a fast weapon in our off hand?

Main Gauche and Killing Spree are normalised at the moment, fast offhanders will continue to be the top option for now and synergise correctly with all our mechanics.

Can you please elaborate on what does it mean that MG and KS are normalised? I really don't understand that part. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
would be nice to get a fix before having to suck for 2 tiers worth of content :/

Generally my concern right there. This happened at the start of BC, and the start of WolK. In both cases I left a higher tier guild for a lower one to avoid bench warming. It's not happening a third time I will tell you that. If I find my self being benched because "rogues don't cut it in progression" it might be time to find a different mmo.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
90 Human Rogue
Still nothing as far as a response towards combat spec.

With only a couple weeks to go it doesn't look good. This has been probably the most dissapointing pre-expansion developer chat to date. They would rather comment on the raptor pets / zg mounts than issues fixing a whole class/spec.

Even if they said "combat will be fixed by launch" it would make me happy. I don't want a response a month or two into Cataclysm saying that they aren't happy with combat's performance and it will be buffed in the next patch. They should know the problems by now, most people that have played the class already do.
Edited by Monstrum on 11/16/2010 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Combat is a hugely popular spec for rogues. It'll be fixed after the dusts settles.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
At least no new nerfs this week...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Combat is a hugely popular spec for rogues. It'll be fixed after the dusts settles.

qft.

Combat is like bread and butter to a nice portion of the Rogue community. And Blizzard best not mess with our bread and butter.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I love my combat spec....so much so that ill take being at the bottom of the charts until the combat tree makes sense again. its awesome to go from wearing T9 with 11k dps (pre 4.0) to T10 with only 7k dps (post 4.0).
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
All I can say is that these rogue changes are very reminiscent of the combat update that killed SWG. I have exactly the same feeling about playing my rogue now that I did about playing SWG any longer then.

Rogues are supposed to be top melee dps and even with the top caster dps, period. No more. When we are in 10th place on average (assuming all players are near the same skill and gear level, on par) then there's a serious problem.

I can't wait to see what this mess of a design choice Alex and team made regarding 10 man raids and 25 man raids will mean for rogues long term.
Reply Quote
Why couldn't they just switch the hands in combat's mastery?

ie.
"Combat: Main Gauche - Your off hand attacks have a 16% chance to grant you an extra main hand attack. Every additional point of mastery increases the chance by 2%."

By doing this, the mastery itself will proc more often, for more damage! In addition, it will reinforce the want for a slow MH and fast OH. < Thoughts?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Why couldn't they just switch the hands in combat's mastery?

ie.
"Combat: Main Gauche - Your off hand attacks have a 16% chance to grant you an extra main hand attack. Every additional point of mastery increases the chance by 2%."

By doing this, the mastery itself will proc more often, for more damage! In addition, it will reinforce the want for a slow MH and fast OH. < Thoughts?

That would likely be too overpowered if the numbers stayed the same, but with a bit of tweaking, it could be really nice!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]