TCYC buff

Change this mechanic.

Every 5 minutes, 10% more damage taken and 10% less healing debuff happens for both teams, stacking up. Will not cater to teams turtling after 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
tcyc is slang for something really inappropriate
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
The crowd you chose
Reply Quote
Blizzard needed to fix the 30 minute matches that would happen. TCYC was a good start in the right direction but the current version of it is absolutely wack.

The version i said above makes more sense. It affects both teams and will eventually help decide the winner of that match
Reply Quote

like what
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Blizzard needed to fix the 30 minute matches that would happen. TCYC was a good start in the right direction but the current version of it is absolutely wack.

The version i said above makes more sense. It affects both teams and will eventually help decide the winner of that match

So even after we said

The crowd you chose

You still put the letters in the wrong order
Edited by Ryiutiz on 10/5/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What do you mean I put the letters in the wrong order?
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Sounds just as bad. Why not just turtle for 5 minutes then pop your swifty after 5 minutes? All the big cds are 3 minutes, if you use your burst at start of match you could lose during that 1 minute if they happen to burst instead then. I think after 15 minutes it should just end up in tie. Last season matches were 25 minutes long. Now its 15 so just let it end with a tie, rather no one wins than some gimmick strat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It's TCCY (The Crowd Chooses You) and yes I agree it needs to be tuned a little better.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
10/05/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Berlessa
Sounds just as bad. Why not just turtle for 5 minutes then pop your swifty after 5 minutes?

^ this.

Stealthies will remain in hiding for 10-15mins then drop someone in an opener.

Besides, the only real problem we're having at the moment are Tanks in 2s, which can be fixed by adding a debuff to them or changing the mechanics so that it's taken by percentage of health as opposed to the direct amount.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Besides, the only real problem we're having at the moment are Tanks in 2s

There are little purple diamonds on the map that give you special powers! See for yourself.
Also effects 3s, just rarer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Besides, the only real problem we're having at the moment are Tanks in 2s, which can be fixed by adding a debuff to them or changing the mechanics so that it's taken by percentage of health as opposed to the direct amount.
Well, changing TCCY to work off a percentage of max HP would mitigate the effect of double tank teams, it wouldn't fix them at all.

What I would like to see done is have TCCY not apply to teams that have a team composition where the number of healers plus the number of tanks is greater than 50% of the team. That would affect double healer 2's, double tank 2's, and double healer 3's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To be honest OP, It'll still make teams turtle to the point where they can kill them in a few hits. or making it a unfair lost to the team deserved the win.

I think a different approach is needed.
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Dactylion
Sounds just as bad. Why not just turtle for 5 minutes then pop your swifty after 5 minutes?

^ this.

The eye's will prevent this. They could be tuned to spawn every minute as well.
Reply Quote
To be honest OP, It'll still make teams turtle to the point where they can kill them in a few hits. or making it a unfair lost to the team deserved the win.

I think a different approach is needed.

people will always try and abuse the system, how ever this change wouldn't be as drastic as the current version and makes a whole lot more sense.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
TCCY also sin't really fair towards some classes like mages with ice block.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're not really happy with how The Crowd Chose You is working out at the moment. We're exploring a few options for exactly what we'd like to do, but we will be changing it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
but we will be changing it.

called it! im surprised they came to this conclusion before blizzcon
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
We're not really happy with how The Crowd Chose You is working out at the moment. We're exploring a few options for exactly what we'd like to do, but we will be changing it.

Awesome, thanks Lore for the heads up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]