TCYC buff

100 Gnome Priest
Remove water/food from arena.
Shorter timers/more frequent spawns on the stealth eyes. You cannot restealth for 30 seconds if you grab the eye.
Make any tank spec receive 25% less healing. Make this stack with battle fatigue.

Add a stacking healing debuff that begins after 3 minutes.
@3:01 everyone receives 3% less healing
@4:01 everyone receives 6% less healing
@5:01 everyone receives 9% less healing
@6:01 everyone receives 12% less healing
etc.

remove the 15 minute time limit, games will end when healers cannot drink and heal for next to nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Shorter timers/more frequent spawns on the stealth eyes. You cannot restealth for 30 seconds if you grab the eye.
Make any tank spec receive 25% less healing. Make this stack with battle fatigue.

Add a stacking healing debuff that begins after 3 minutes.
@3:01 everyone receives 3% less healing
@4:01 everyone receives 6% less healing
@5:01 everyone receives 9% less healing
@6:01 everyone receives 12% less healing
etc.

remove the 15 minute time limit, games will end when healers cannot drink and heal for next to nothing.

removing drinking is horrible idea, you should be rewarded for outplaying someone to get drinks in, instead battle fatigue should reduce spirit
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
you should be rewarded for outplaying someone to get drinks in

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112833#., explain how using spectral guise then immediately getting in drinks is skillful?

or night elf shadowmeld drinking.

At one point blizzard already did this (removed water/drinks from arena), not sure why they reverted the change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A blue response to a player-made thread in the arena forums?

Is this real life?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/07/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Lechsinska

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112833#., explain how using spectral guise then immediately getting in drinks is skillful?

At one point blizzard already did this (removed water/drinks from arena), not sure why they reverted the change.

Removing drinking in arena is a 100% absolute horrible idea. Yes spectral guise drinking is broken and should be fixed. That has nothing to do with drinking in arena.

If they remove drinking it will unbalance arena further.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman

because 2 broken mechanics = the same for every healer
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Spectral Guise doesn't drop combat anymore. All you get from it is appearing at a random spot to drink.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
w00t
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Removing drinking from arenas just messes with certain healers more than others. Not all healers have the same mana regen/efficiency.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Should have never been put in at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
honestly if they had to rework something with healers, making a base MP5 stat would be a good place to start, like how they made a base mana pool for caster and hybrid melee
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/07/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Borq
what's the PTR for?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's where we keep all of our spare question marks, and I'd really appreciate it if you put those back.

I kid. I also totally get the concern that these sorts of changes should be happening on PTR and not live. In an ideal world, they would be. Thing is, the PTR is such a different environment, especially for PvP, that we really don't see the same sort of player behaviors on the test realms that we do on live. There's a lot fewer players, and those that do test aren't worried about getting high ratings as much as they are just trying out new changes.

That makes sense, and we don't really expect players to behave any differently than they do. It just means that, sometimes, issues that crop up on PTR don't extend to live. In this case, we saw the issues cropping up on PTR, but there was a reasonable case to be made that those behaviors wouldn't work on a live environment, where players would care more about their ratings, or the higher pool of players would mean those tactics weren't as successful as often. So, we decided to give The Crowd Chose You a shot, while also starting to think about what we could do if the issues persisted.

In hindsight, sure, it would have been better if we'd done something else to begin with, instead of making the change a couple weeks into the PvP season. Ultimately, we made a bad call, which is why we're working to make some changes now. Just be aware that making those calls isn't as simple as looking at how things are on the PTR. It can be pretty difficult to decide who to listen to sometimes. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't get why people dislike it so much tbh. I understand it promotes a bad type of gameplay but I still prefer it to timing out at 25 minutes and losing rating.

Once the kinks are worked out, it'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/07/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Lore
what's the PTR for?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's where we keep all of our spare question marks, and I'd really appreciate it if you put those back.

I love you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Ultimately, we made a bad call, which is why we're working to make some changes now. Just be aware that making those calls isn't as simple as looking at how things are on the PTR. It can be pretty difficult to decide who to listen to sometimes. :)

Thats understandable.

And I can see your perspective. I personally love the buff even with people abusing it. Of course it'd be hard to test every single thing on the ptr, because not every single person is playing on it.

I also understand how it can be difficult to decide who to listen to.

Which is why Im offering my years of Shadow pvp experience to Blizzard to help make things fair. Send my email an...email, so we can talk about balance.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
10/07/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Pachyderm

Are you going to post in a consistent manner or leave us in the dark for months on end again? Are you drunk? Are they making you post in places you don't want to post? It'll be okay.

You're drunk Lore, go home.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
believe it or not, i feel like lore reads a lot of what we say on this sub-forum, even if he only replies once in a blue moon.

for that, i salute you, lore. a face just for you.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
the entire idea of TCCY is broken - the % health left condition has to go.

Just have it increase everyones damage 25% at 10 minutes, then another 25% every 5 minutes.

Problem solved, and no giant change at x point into a cartoon - it just gets bloodier and bloodier as time goes by.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

Best idea yet. Drinking should NEVER be aloud in arena. Its almost as stupid as how broke Healers are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]