Burdens of Eternity & Timeless Caches

90 Worgen Warlock
I just got a Burden of Eternity from the Acherius of Flame quest, and bought a Timeless Cloth Armor Cache and went to use the Burden on it. And it won't work... is this intended? because it seems pretty pointless to have Burdens of Eternity and only being able to use them on random drops (Timeless Cloth Armor Boots, etc.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Did you convert and equip the armor cache first? The Burden can only be used on an unbound Timeless piece.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
The Burden can only be used on an unbound Timeless piece.

^^ This, and it doesn't work on the trinkets.
Edited by Orlyia on 10/4/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
No, I've got a timeless cloth armor cache in my inventory, & I have a burden in my inventory, I click on the burden, then the cache and it casts and at the end it says "That item is not a valid target"
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Death Knight
The Timeless armor caches are "opened" and a piece that is already made is awarded. You use the Burdens on the tokens that drop from several sources, they have no stats till you activate them. They have names like Timeless cloth belt, timeless Plate helm, ect.
Edited by Ordonal on 10/4/2013 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
is this intended? because it seems pretty pointless to have Burdens of Eternity and only being able to use them on random drops (Timeless Cloth Armor Boots, etc.)

Why? Why would you want to use it on an item that you don't know what slot it will end up being for? Wouldn't you rather choose what slot you will use it on?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/05/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Ryllia
is this intended? because it seems pretty pointless to have Burdens of Eternity and only being able to use them on random drops (Timeless Cloth Armor Boots, etc.)

Why? Why would you want to use it on an item that you don't know what slot it will end up being for? Wouldn't you rather choose what slot you will use it on?

I'm not sure where you're drawing your conclusion that the only alternative to using them on timeless pieces would be to use the burdens on random items without slot designations. I think the OP is probably inclined to think you should be able to upgrade existing worn and bound armor pieces, whether they be timeless or otherwise.

OP, you'll want to open a ticket if you believe this is bugged. The ticket needs to be clear and concise that you are asking for a GM to convert a timeless piece in your inventory that is not upgrading from a burden.

Any feedback on the current functionality needs to be left in the general forum where it can be forwarded to the development team. Feedback left here is not forwarded on to them from here. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not sure where you're drawing your conclusion that the only alternative to using them on timeless pieces would be to use the burdens on random items without slot designations. I think the OP is probably inclined to think you should be able to upgrade existing worn and bound armor pieces, whether they be timeless or otherwise.

I didn't say it was the only alternative, I was just responding to what OP asked, which is why could the Burden not be used on Timeless Armor Cache:

I just got a Burden of Eternity from the Acherius of Flame quest, and bought a Timeless Cloth Armor Cache and went to use the Burden on it. And it won't work... is this intended? because it seems pretty pointless to have Burdens of Eternity and only being able to use them on random drops (Timeless Cloth Armor Boots, etc.)

No, I've got a timeless cloth armor cache in my inventory, & I have a burden in my inventory, I click on the burden, then the cache and it casts and at the end it says "That item is not a valid target"

And my question is why anyone would ever want to use it on the Cache. That is even more random than using it on random drops. At least using it on random drops gives you choice of slot - perhaps limited by what drops you have gotten, but that's still better than no choice at all.

I wonder if OP thought the Cache would let you choose the slot you would get. If you could choose, then it would make sense to want to use the Burden on it first. But you can't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I just realized where the confusion was. I see now the OP was trying to use on the cache and not an actual slot item. I don't believe the Burdens can be used on the aches, just the armor pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]