Cross Realm Heirlooms still planned?

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
I'm sorry to bring it up again, but it just seems like as the game goes on, the changes that are made make it more likely to have cross server heirlooms finally. First there was CRZ, then a bunch of other cross realm features (Battle.net grouping), now Virtual Realms are coming. As time goes on, I find myself asking "if" rather than "when" now.

Is this ever going to happen? Are there still plans for this ever? As more cross realm features are added to the game it seems to be the possible next step.
Edited by Stockings on 10/4/2013 12:47 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Like the pandaren always said: "Slow down, life is to be savored."
90 Undead Priest

I'm mostly just wondering if it is something they still plan to do, or if they have decided they don't want cross server heirlooms. It was only really hinted at and never really confirmed that they planned to do it.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Stockings

I'm mostly just wondering if it is something they still plan to do, or if they have decided they don't want cross server heirlooms. It was only really hinted at and never really confirmed that they planned to do it.

Currently it is possible to send them to alts on the 2 servers that are part of the connected realms at this point. The other option is still to purchase a character transfer.
95 Undead Rogue
10/04/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Mythox
Currently it is possible to send them to alts on the 2 servers that are part of the connected realms at this point.
When more realms "connect" this feature should expand as well.

Afaik the plan is for BoA's to be xferable to any toon you have in a connected realm "bundle". So if you have toon on 3 different servers and they all get connected or bundled together, you could mail those back and forth to any of them.

Someone please correct if wrong...
Community Manager
We've talked a bit more about our plans in recent interviews. We're working on some ideas to get things like tabards and heirlooms out of inventory slots, as well as "toy-like" items, in a way that's similar to pets and mounts. Soooooo, yup!
100 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Bashiok
as well as "toy-like" items

THIS is what I'm most looking forward too.

Please say it's happening next week! Oh, please, please please!
90 Human Warlock
We're working on some ideas to get things like tabards and heirlooms out of inventory slots, as well as "toy-like" items, in a way that's similar to pets and mounts. Soooooo, yup!

Dear Lord yes, we need that toy box!
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Killercaitie
We're working on some ideas to get things like tabards and heirlooms out of inventory slots, as well as "toy-like" items, in a way that's similar to pets and mounts. Soooooo, yup!

Aaaand the colloquial name has now been coined.
90 Draenei Shaman
We've talked a bit more about our plans in recent interviews. We're working on some ideas to get things like tabards and heirlooms out of inventory slots, as well as "toy-like" items, in a way that's similar to pets and mounts. Soooooo, yup!

You mean I'll have bank space again?? Omg yea!!
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Heirlooms, Tabards and Toy items on their own pets/mounts interface button would be the best news I've heard in a long time. Please make it happen.
90 Human Warlock
10/04/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Sincere

Aaaand the colloquial name has now been coined.

Yay!
100 Blood Elf Hunter

WOOOT!
90 Blood Elf Paladin

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
90 Night Elf Hunter
The other option is still to purchase a character transfer.

I would say your best bet is wait for the cheap services again like they did awhile back and just transfer a toon then with all of them. Thats what I did anyways. I ended up spending about 23 dollars for 2 name changes and a transfer of 5k gold and all my heirlooms to Aerie Peak for the CTR guild.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Tickle
You mean I'll have bank space again?? Omg yea!!

I've been holding off on buying tabards because I don't have room to store them all. Yeah, I could but, equip, and sell, but the interface thing would be really nice.

And not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but just wanted to toss this out there: it would be pretty sweet if the toy box were shaped like a hippo (in my mind it's summonable like the guild chest but when you click on it you get your toys instead of the bank).
100 Troll Druid
Wow. This would be so super killer. Being an altaholic that I am, this would make WoWlife so much more efficient.
90 Gnome Warlock
So could we no longer enchant heirlooms?
95 Undead Rogue
Just a note, I have a 6-pack of my favorite adult beverage waiting at home for after work... a nice relaxing Fri night, indeed.

I'm going to use one to toast you, sir. I think you just became the most popular person in the entire Warcraft Universe... right there....

:-)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]