Soul Link + Unending Resolve glyph.

10/07/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Cylestria
YEARS before Shadow Priest had 15% damage reduction on shadow form.

im pretty sure shadowform used to give 10 or 15% physical reduction in vanilla

It wasn't against all damage only physical.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Rngezus
im pretty sure shadowform used to give 10 or 15% physical reduction in vanilla

It did, but it was never an all damage redux.

Until it was changed of course.

if they were going to make sform give armour, they should have reverted it to its vanilla form instead. atm if a spriest doesn't vanish something big like a kidney or a deep then they'll just drop after disperse, with minimal cc on a healer.

It wasn't against all damage only physical.

i'm aware, that would be why i said 'physical reduction' but if you want to mention spriest stealing something iconic from warlocks with 15% DR, its wrong because in vanilla sform still gave a form of damage reduction, and DR wasn't iconic to warlocks.
Edited by Cylestria on 10/7/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Then what the hell did feral charge (cat) do when I was specc'ing into it for all those years?
It dazed the target for 4 seconds. In TBC and WotLK Bear charge interrupted for 4s.

PS no longer provides dispel resistance as resistance went out the door, though many seem to still thing it does. It was moved to IF.
It went out the door in the 4.0 Cataclysm pre-patch, but Pain Suppression still gave dispel resistance in Cataclysm for some reason. Really, it did. Even when IF gave that anti-dispel/interrupt buff.
Edited by Corpsetwo on 10/7/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I thought this was the arena forums but my comp must have taken me to somewhere else as the OP is talking about PvE.

Its a waste of a glyph in PvP. Your going to give up a silence immunity and use a glyph slot for 10% damage reduction?

Oh, and BTW, soul link is not 20% DR, it is 20% of the damage you and your demon takes is shared. Try throwing DoTs on a locks pet, or killing it when you can't kill the lock. It shares the damage so essentially you can have double dots rolling all the time. I have to roll grim of sac to avoid letting my pet kill me.

Sorry warlocks aren't shadow priests, Lovestoned, But PvE is hardly PvP so I don't see what your getting at.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There's a huge difference between giving up major defensive cooldowns for a passive effect and just having a passive effect on top of everything else.

In the case the OP laid out, the Warlock is effectively sacrificing two major cooldowns: Unending Resolve, and either Sacrificial Pact or Dark Bargain. That's a pretty hefty price to pay, and though it certainly seems to be a popular choice at the moment (and we can discuss whether or not it's too strong), it's still a choice. We like choices.
Edited by Lore on 10/7/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Human Rogue
warlock master race
also
A BLUE CATCH IT BEFORE IT RUNS AWAY
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
now if a blue would respond about blood dks, rbg win traders, warrior def stance, and holinkas favorite ice cream, we would be on to something.
Reply Quote
now if a blue would respond about blood dks, rbg win traders, warrior def stance, and holinkas favorite ice cream, we would be on to something.

Don't forget about the pure atrocious state of Mistweavers. I mean I know I have been tweeting, and I know a few other MW have been sending tweets daily and we don't ever get a response.

Would really like to know if the Devs are even aware of how craptastic this spec is in arena. I don't even need to hear that they are going to do something. I only want to know if they are aware of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well, Spriests do have one in Mass Dispel, but it's hard to get off, and Warlocks have one in their imp but that requires actually using an imp.

I Sac pet on any, and almost every hunter team.

I played MLS and L S D on my lock.

If there was a hunter on the other team...I'd take dispel 90% of the time. And sometimes against comps like Ret/Priest/X or when ever I didnt want my healer sitting in CC. There's no skill to warlocks Imp Dispel. Zero. I make a macro and spam dispel every 10seconds on my healer, only thing he needs to trinket is a cyclone.

Well the truth is that Warlocks had soul-link at 30% damage reduction in vanilla. YEARS before Shadow Priest had 15% damage reduction on shadow form.

Vanilla was terrible. Absolutely terrible. What gives it its good memories was simply because it was new to everyone and we didnt know any better.

In vanilla, if your class could heal or tank, thats what you did. No matter what. There were no other options. If you didnt Raid, and you werent apart of the honor groups farming HW/GM, you had no gear compared to anyone else. Vanilla was bad, and wasnt balanced at all.

@Others in this thread, Rets and Shadows needed to lose their friendly dispel. It was OP. Yes. But it was also something that was special for these specs.

Throughout all of Cata...Rdruids were terrible. But they lived off of playing with Shadows and Mages...Why? Because in Cata, Shadow was the supporty caster. We gave druids enough room to actually play the game with off heals and dispels. We really supported well. Now It just feels like im a weak, pathetic version of a mage. Battle fatigue already destroys my Shields/Renew/heals.. PoM was fixed, which hurts shadow a lot more than Holy...And on top of that I run oom when trained by double melee or melee/hunter so its not like I have mana to do too much anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Really like it that out of all the QQ, only two warlocks have posted regarding this issue.

Don't worry, they aren't even talking about locks now anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Really like it that out of all the QQ, only two warlocks have posted regarding this issue.

I also play a warlock. Or did you not catch that?

There's a huge difference between giving up major defensive cooldowns for a passive effect and just having a passive effect on top of everything else.

In the case the OP laid out, the Warlock is effectively sacrificing two major cooldowns: Unending Resolve, and either Demonic Sacrifice or Dark Bargain. That's a pretty hefty price to pay, and though it certainly seems to be a popular choice at the moment (and we can discuss whether or not it's too strong), it's still a choice. We like choices.

And Wow. Im honored. To have made a post that got the attention of a BLUE in the ARENA forums.

Lovestoned, THE REAL PEOPLE'S CHAMP (lol Abomb <3)

But on topic. Thats understandable. Warlocks having to choose..Well then, why not make a Shadowform glyph that gives us Dmg reduction?

Or put it into the Phantasm talent? ((In Shadowform, you gain X% dmg reduction, to stop any healing priest using it for the Dmg reduc.)).... Since every priest in the world takes Feathers, and its almost mandatory. It'll give us a CHOICE. Being naturally tanky, or having lots of mobility.

Edit: No one's taking pet Sac anymore..And Dark Bargin isnt as popular. These choices you speak about arent from a pve perspective are they? In my original post, I speak about them being options. In PvP? Meh. I'll only take Dark Bargin if I am sac'ing my pet.
Edited by Lovestoned on 10/7/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
fix lock pets so they dont flop over in one global tbh thats just ridiculous for a 'pet' class and buff health funnel seriously wat a useless spell it wont save ur pet if it gets globaled
Reply Quote
Vanilla was terrible. Absolutely terrible. What gives it its good memories was simply because it was new to everyone and we didnt know any better.In vanilla, if your class could heal or tank, thats what you did. No matter what. There were no other options. If you didnt Raid, and you werent apart of the honor groups farming HW/GM, you had no gear compared to anyone else. Vanilla was bad, and wasnt balanced at all.

What in the world does anything you said have to do with what you quoted? You tried to make the argument that Warlocks getting damage reduction was basically stolen from Shadow Priest, and now that they don't have it you are upset.

My comeback to you was actually warlocks had it first going all the way back to Vanilla. Vanilla sucking or not sucking has nothing to do with the fact you attempted to make a thread built on a false premise. It's what I told you in the other thread a few days ago. You do yourself a disservice when you make threads built on false information. Why not just argue for buffs to your spec? It would be so much easier because when you make these type of threads it's so easy to shoot what you have to say down because you post misleading stuff to make your points.

But on topic. Thats understandable. Warlocks having to choose..Well then, why not make a Shadowform glyph that gives us Dmg reduction?

Shadow doesn't really need 15% damage reduction to everything. I have played with a ton of shadow priest the past 2 weeks, and keeping them alive is never really the problem.

I think where they need help is their inability to do anything while being trained. I don't see how more unneeded damage reduction is going to fix that problem.

That is just IMO..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
fix lock pets so they dont flop over in one global tbh thats just ridiculous for a 'pet' class and buff health funnel seriously wat a useless spell it wont save ur pet if it gets globaled

That'll get helped when everyone gets gear. Since lock pets scale with the lock's gear.

I think where they need help is their inability to do anything while being trained. I don't see how more unneeded damage reduction is going to fix that problem.

That is just IMO..

Because blizzard will do that.......Yea. They'll give Shadows what they need to actually cast while being trained...I guess we all can dream cant we?

"We feel Shadow Priest are too vulnerable to melee trains, so we're giving them ________"

lol.
Edited by Lovestoned on 10/7/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Because blizzard will do that.......Yea. They'll give Shadows what they need to actually cast while being trained...I guess we all can dream cant we?

Regardless arguing for something you don't need, that isn't going to help you at all in the grand scheme of things seems wasteful?

You keep beating the same dead horse, that frankly is dead. Let the damage reduction argument go because the chances of it coming back are nil, and you don't even need it.

Fight/Rant/Whine for the stuff you actually need that is going to help you in the long term.

Edit: And this is coming from someone that agrees that shadow priest need some help if Warriors are going to be allowed to stay in the stupid state they are in. I know it sucks to play a class and feel like you can't do anything to help your teammates win in many situations.

If you think it's bad as a shadow priest don't even play Mistweaver it's 10000x worse.
Edited by Criming on 10/7/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Blood Elf Warlock

It's not like Glyph of UR don't have a tradeoff or something.

It's like remove your Dispersion and give u an 10-15% of dmg reduction instead.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid

In the case the OP laid out, the Warlock is effectively sacrificing two major cooldowns: Unending Resolve, and either Demonic Sacrifice or Dark Bargain. That's a pretty hefty price to pay, and though it certainly seems to be a popular choice at the moment (and we can discuss whether or not it's too strong), it's still a choice. We like choices.

Except you removed Void Shift, 15% damage reduction, destroyed our healing and all we have left is a Dispersion with terrible shields because of battle fatigue. Seems like I actually have a choice. Look at Elemental/Enhancement Shamans, they have a 1 minute defensive and a passive 10% damage reduction. I'm very glad they get to choose between those two instead of just having one. Hunters get 10% damage reduction with two Deterrences. Again I'm glad they have to make hard choices. Shadow does not have a choice. Period. The people who cry about Shadow being overpowered are the same ones saying Warriors are fine. Also, thank you for destroying my resource system in arena since I always play a Warrior team 97.49% of the time. Because putting up two spell reflects then charging me with a Shockwave and two interrupts is perfectly fine but me having a passive damage reduction and decent off healing was too much. Again... Choices...

This is coming from a 3,000 rated Wrathful, Vicious, Ruthless, Cataclysmic Gladiator Shadow Priest. But hey maybe I should listen to the 1800 500 games played Warrior community and learn to play.
Reply Quote
8 Tauren Shaman
Warlocks get 30% reduction?

Hmmmm...doesn't seem that way if you read the tool tips.

Soul Link: "20% of all damage taken is split with your summoned demon"

Doesn't this mean it's a 10% reduction? It doesn't say 20% of all damage taken is directed to your summoned demon, it says split.

Unending Resolve Glyph: "Unending Resolve can no longer be activated, but passively provides 10% damage reduction from all sources."

So, if a Warlock is attacked for a base 1000, let's presume the UR glyph reduction is applied first, removing 100 damage. Then 900 damage is incoming, 20% (i.e. 180) is split with demon. This would mean that 90 damage goes to Warlock, and 90 to the Demon. There is
720 damage left to Warlock.

Total damage to Warlock seems to be 720 + 90 = 810.

Which makes it seem that the use of SL and UR glyph reduced 1000 damage by 190, or 19%.

This is much less than 30%.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

I can tell Lore doesn't play lock
Demonic Sacrifice---->Sacrificial Pact

Anyways, it is more useful in PvE cause i like a 8 sec no-interrupt/silence period in arena, even on a large CD. Plus, Soul Link is weak compared to Sac Pact and Dark Bargain as in the pet is easy to kill (Void only has 1/2 HP anyway). I'd rather absorb my HP in damage or throw out a 'somewhat pally' bubble than have constant DR and have no Def CDs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]