Passive/Free healing

90 Night Elf Druid
Just healed a heroic Shado-Pan Monastery where the only mana I used on healing was a single Wild Growth during the first boss to remove magnetic shroud.

Everything else was Ysera's Gift or glyphed Efflorescence via mana-free Wild Mushrooms.

I do enjoy a good self-imposed healing challenge every now and then, like only using one spell, or only using healing spells with green-colored icons, but that's just ridiculous!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
But you're like 70 ilvls of gear above what heroics are tuned for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That may be true, but I should probably still need to cast more than 1 spell that uses mana =P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
That may be true, but I should probably still need to cast more than 1 spell that uses mana =P

Nah when i get a decently geared group i heal in enhance with maelstrom procs. Content is old now and healers are not needed with a semi competant group.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Uh..no.

I heal and tank heroics - the odd time I actually do one, I have someone in my group que as tank.

Just Resto bear all the way. Only thing I use is frenzied rejuv on myself and Treants - Which do not cancel bear form.
Stop doing heroics in gear that far surpasses it's intended content.
Would you complain about lack of healing required in Rage fire chasm?

You stink like a smurf boohooing about efflo/a resto Druid destroying your output in raid.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/6/2013 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It could be that the tank didn't really need healing. I know my DK doesn't need a healer when I'm doing 5 mans. You probably could have just went DPS and been more productive.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/06/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Tonydanza

Uh..no.

I heal and tank heroics - the odd time I actually do one, I have someone in my group que as tank.

Just Resto bear all the way. Only thing I use is frenzied rejuv on myself and Treants - Which do not cancel bear form.
Stop doing heroics in gear that far surpasses it's intended content.
Would you complain about lack of healing required in Rage fire chasm?

You stink like a smurf boohooing about efflo/a resto Druid destroying your output in raid.

Going to agree here. As someone else said, you don't need a tank nor a healer for heroics if you have 522+ gear. Its how its been since wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Super geared tanks don't even need heals anymore so I'm not surprised, a healer could go in their dps spec probably and still heal if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That would be like me complaining HST and HTT are all I need to heal heroics... Kinda pointless.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Super geared tanks don't even need heals anymore so I'm not surprised, a healer could go in their dps spec probably and still heal if needed.

This happened to me about 3 months ago. A tank asked me on my druid if I could go balance so the run would go faster. I did it, and I only had to cast a Rejuv on him every now and then.

On this toon, I can tank/heal/top dps as a MW. It's just the way the "heroics" are tuned.
Edited by Dijital on 10/7/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Not when you overgear.

Heroics are minimum 435. It wouldn't uncommon right now for a group of five to have an average ilevel of 540+. That's the eqivalent of just starting MoP at level 85 versus having done a good handful of regular dungeons at level 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I did a heroic dungeon on my resto shaman that just dinged 90 about a week ago and is in half timeless 496 gear and the rest green/blues from questing.
The only healing spell I casted was earth shield on the tank.
Nobody took any damage. Tank had like 900k HP and was geared out the !@#.
I ended up switching specs to ele and DPSing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I only go in holy spec for that very rare occasion when RNG hands you a tank that's just switched over to tanking and doesn't know what threat is and a bunch of dps that just dinged 90 and are still in quest greens. It is rare but it has happened to me and then you have to actually heal. Otherwise, I just throw the odd EF on the tank or fire standing dps and denounce spam. There's nothing else to do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I only go in holy spec for that very rare occasion when RNG hands you a tank that's just switched over to tanking and doesn't know what threat is and a bunch of dps that just dinged 90 and are still in quest greens. It is rare but it has happened to me and then you have to actually heal. Otherwise, I just throw the odd EF on the tank or fire standing dps and denounce spam. There's nothing else to do.

These are the ones that I enjoy most now.

I actually hope I get them :)
Reply Quote
35 Troll Shaman
Play something else, don't ask to be nerfed just so you can show off in forum.
Reply Quote
I haven't used resto for 5 mans in ages. There's no point, and it's the same every xpac. Outgearing content happens. Use it as a chance to weave in a rejuv or two while DPSing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just healed a heroic Shado-Pan Monastery where the only mana I used on healing was a single Wild Growth during the first boss to remove magnetic shroud.

Everything else was Ysera's Gift or glyphed Efflorescence via mana-free Wild Mushrooms.

I do enjoy a good self-imposed healing challenge every now and then, like only using one spell, or only using healing spells with green-colored icons, but that's just ridiculous!

Do the instances in your undies with only your weapons.

Make sure to /dance in the corners.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Last night I was doing the "School's Out Forever" achievement with some guildies in Heroic Scholomance. Someone must have accidently killed one of the expired test subjects early, because when we AoE'd down the huge shambling mob, we only got 49.

We decided to wipe it and try again. There was just one problem. Our warrior couldn't die.

The damage dealt to him by the boss (and also from repeatedly throwing himself from the balcony) was less then the passive regeneration from second wind. In the end we had to remove him from the party and wait for him to be ported out before we could reset the boss.

It's one thing for a fight to be easy, but when it is actually physically impossible to die? Yeah. dungeons are waaaaay too easy in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Last night I was doing the "School's Out Forever" achievement with some guildies in Heroic Scholomance. Someone must have accidently killed one of the expired test subjects early, because when we AoE'd down the huge shambling mob, we only got 49.

We decided to wipe it and try again. There was just one problem. Our warrior couldn't die.

The damage dealt to him by the boss (and also from repeatedly throwing himself from the balcony) was less then the passive regeneration from second wind. In the end we had to remove him from the party and wait for him to be ported out before we could reset the boss.

It's one thing for a fight to be easy, but when it is actually physically impossible to die? Yeah. dungeons are waaaaay too easy in Pandaria.

To be fair, you are doing them at a 532 ilvl when they are tuned for something like a 440 ilvl so the effect is exaggerated, but yeah, they were face roll even as a fresh 90. He could have gotten around it by unequipping his shield, turning his back to the mobs and doing /sit to be automatically crit.

They also made the heroic 5 mans way easier this expansion because they removed the level cap normal mode instances and kind of made the heroics combine the roles that normal mode lv 85 5 mans and heroics had in WoTLK/Cata. Their goal was apparently to push the difficult content into challenge modes and let the 5 mans be a path of limited resistance towards gearing for raids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How does the passive/free healing shape up in relevant content? I'm still on my way to 90 doing normal dungeons and I'm finding that it feels like theres a second healer in the group.

If everyone is coordinated enough to stand in the green circle then efflo/ysera combines to about 60% of my effective healing and still have 70-80% overhealing. It's like a free 5 minute healing rain with a 3 sec cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]