Arena Focus macros

90 Human Paladin
How do i make arena macros to cast say, cyclone with out ever targeting or putting someone on focus.

I know its /target Arena1, but how would i go about integrating a spell into it so i don't have to target them, such as, cyclone, hoj, CC's, etc., etc.

edit for typos
Edited by Alphönce on 10/4/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'm using that to stun a target:

#showtooltip Strangulate
/cast [target=focus, exists] strangulate; strangulate

You will cast the spell on the focus target if there is a focus and you don't have to lose your current target. If you have NO focus it will just stun your current target.

So for cyclone i'm guessing it should be like that :

#showtooltip Cyclone
/cast [target=focus, exists] cyclone; cyclone

Just replace it with any spell you want.

Yomï
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
are these better than mouseover macros?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
#showtooltip Cyclone
/cast [@arena1] Cyclone

This is correct.

are these better than mouseover macros?

Yes.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
On my dk I have so many keybinds and modifier macros that I don't actually use arena 1-3.
I have set focus arena1-3 (f1-f3) and run with all standard modifier macros for focus.
Eg. X - chains of ice
Shift - X - chains of ice at focus target.
I can chain my target and focus 1 after the other or chain my focus, hit f2 and chain my new focus target without going off my target.

On my ret, I run with arena1-3 modifier macros because I have half the keybinds and macro'd my unholy dk has.

X button will be for whatever target I'm on.
Shift x will be at arena1
Alt x arena2
Ctrl x arena3
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yomi's macro can be used in more than just teh Arenas though... so in my opinion it's more useful :D :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yomi's macro can be used in more than just teh Arenas though... so in my opinion it's more useful :D :P
You don't have to choose one or the other. I have 5 Cyclone buttons on my Druid. Normal, focus, arena1-2-3.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Monk
Focus is a bad way to go because your focus is lost if the target stealths. Priests, I'm looking at you. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Focus is a bad way to go because your focus is lost if the target stealths. Priests, I'm looking at you. >.>

Make a macro for an ability you use often and just add /focus arena 1,2 or 3 to it. Just change it each game to whichever number the healer is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/05/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Ruroz

I've actually been using Yomi's style macro since the start of Cata. However, like you said, people who can go stealth poop all over me. it's not that it's hard to redo the focus macro on said player, but it feels like it slows my game play down.

Anyway, thanks for all the good responses :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]