Efflo?DA?DS?Halo?Efflo? Put it all here

90 Goblin Priest
Think we forgot the dispel aspect of it for a moment.

Oh, and the range.
Edited by Gangrene on 10/7/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
And?

It didn't need the major league nerf bat it got in comparison to other healer's tuning.

It did need looked at, just not... the way it was.
Edited by Naér on 10/7/2013 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
If everyone has a channeled raid-wide cd with a range on it, cool. That wasn't one of them, so it shouldn't be doing the same healing as them. They should definitely have an equivalent cd to use, but a mass dispel on crack at half the mana cost with 100y range + healing isn't an equivalent. I'd be all for taking away the healing on it entirely and giving monks a new cd
edit: also probably bring it down from 3 mins to 2 or something, raid-wide insta dispel while remaining petty cheap
Edited by Gangrene on 10/7/2013 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And this tier the dispel would be used on... Thok and maybe Protectors. It's a raid wide cooldown that is used once and has no benefit after that. You're just waiting for something bad to happen if you don't use it exactly right. Other raid wide cooldowns you can just use whenever you feel necessary and they're still healing covering other waves, not waiting at the last possible moment.

It shouldn't have been hit with the nerf it got.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I think a lot of it also had to do with PVP. I can definitely see it getting out of hand there
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Two minute cooldown, 100 yard range, no line of sight restrictions, dispels everyone and puts a half duration Renewing mists on everyone hit that doesn't jump to others.

A version like that could be sexy. Less healing overall for some but possible combination with Uplift
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
MW is weak in PvP. Nerf just made them a bit weaker. Wasn't an issue in both PvE and PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Other raid wide cooldowns you can just use whenever you feel necessary and they're still healing covering other waves, not waiting at the last possible moment.

Other raid cooldowns are much more restrictive and as such should require more planning than something like revival... with the same cd. Not sure how what you're saying makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Other raid cooldowns are much more restrictive and as such should require more planning than something like revival... with the same cd. Not sure how what you're saying makes sense.

Revival is best applied when no other big CD's are going out
no one is dead yet
but no one is really alive either (critically low health)

Other Cd's are not nearly as restrictive. If you hit revival at the same time a druid is using tranq, you screw him over. etc
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Other Cd's are not nearly as restrictive. If you hit revival at the same time a druid is using tranq, you screw him over. etc

I think that's a fair statement to say about a lot of healing spells though, but I get that with the reduced healing, it can't really be taken in for a healer cd rotation.

Bring it back to full strength and take away dispel property maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

No, they're not unless you have big raid wide damage incoming that you know of and this was random.

Revival is more restrictive in terms that EVERYONE needs to be low enough for it to be useful to a critical level and not just 50%. If there are waves of damage coming out, like say on Thok, Tranq or Divine Hymn are preplanned for when they get faster. Revival? Sure, kind of the same thing but you can't just use it when people drop, you'll need to wait for them to drop lower. And there's nothing stopping another burst of healing to come out and cover more of the damage that just happened.

Revival isn't like Hymn or Tranq, which are still going as damage comes out if you have bop/dev aura. It's just an one time burst of healing, like mushrooms, but on a CD and you have to make sure to use it at the right time as to not waste it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Well, the opposite is also true Naer. Revival relies on the understanding that the Monk will use it appropriately. If that druid uses Tranq, the Monk can say goodbye to getting full use out of Revival.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Very true.

I think balancing for healers is going to need a LOT of work for the next expac.

Anyone excited? Or terrified?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That's why I think having Revival place a weakened Renewing Mist on everyone would be a good way to solve the problem of being a huge one shot heal. Also gives the more skilled players a chance to synergize with Uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Terrified.

Blizzard has issues with healers. >:|
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If Efflo EVER gets nerfed..they better nerf healing rain to the. mother. f'in. ground.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't you be taking away my lazy heals!!

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/07/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Elethia
and HTT is exactly the same

To be fair, it isn't. I'm guess instant referred to the fact that all of its healing is received immediately, thereby being less at risk for overhealing because the raid has is pushed to full before a channel has finished.

Yeah, except you have to play "how low can the raid go" to avoid overhealing. :-\ Even then, it has always done a lot of overhealing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bring it back to full strength and take away dispel property maybe?

The dispel property honestly has 0 to do with its usefulness. Is it nice on some bosses? Sure. But I've yet to see another class sat because of Revival's dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If Efflo EVER gets nerfed..they better nerf healing rain to the. mother. f'in. ground.

My glyph of HR is pretty awesome, oh wait >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]