Efflo?DA?DS?Halo?Efflo? Put it all here

90 Pandaren Monk
I just felt like I had to play 100% perfectly just to be slightly behind our shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I just felt like I had to play 100% perfectly just to be slightly behind our shaman.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monks only saving grace in 10 man, is RnM covers the whole raid, and we provide massive dps.

That's it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
What do I do in 25s? HELP ME.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

play 10 man.

Where Monks are a really good class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Yeah, except you have to play "how low can the raid go" to avoid overhealing. :-\ Even then, it has always done a lot of overhealing.

:)

Well, the opposite is also true Naer. Revival relies on the understanding that the Monk will use it appropriately. If that druid uses Tranq, the Monk can say goodbye to getting full use out of Revival.

Pretty sure I was responding directly to Gangrene. Sorry if I didn't catch your post before it? o_O
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

be Perfectly Average
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
10/07/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Suplift

play 10 man.

Where Monks are a really good class.
I think I'm getting put in on more fights than the other healers in our core just to make sure I don't quit. All of my hope is resting on cleave trinket being super amazing for monks.

be Perfectly Average
Raiding environment is too competitive to accept average. If half the specs are performing head and shoulders above the other half, why would you want the latter half? When it comes to the crummier healing specs, paladins bring better utility than monks as well.

I'm assuming our priests and shaman will be doing the last trio of fights in the tier and the rest of us are going to twiddle our thumbs. Granted our shaman didn't get to play during progression on Lei Shen so they kinda deserve the chance to die a lot.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/7/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I'm going to put this as nicely as I can: I don't give a flying rat's wormy backside about PvP.

If you can't take pvp into account, you really shouldn't even be discussing balance. There are two sides to this game even if you don't participate in both. (The disclaimer was also unnecessary, we all know you have problems being nice).

That's your opinion, and you're free to have it. I'm still going to reiterate: I don't care about PvP balance. I care about my raids, and I care about raid CDs being nerfed. "PvP balance concerns" do very little other than screw raiders over. Just ask Resto Shaman about the entirety of Cataclysm.
Edited by Tiriel on 10/7/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
pvp balance would actually matter if it were completely separated from pve like echo or colossus smash

until then it's the redheaded stepchild of wow content and basically doesn't matter at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
pvp balance would actually matter if it were completely separated from pve like echo or colossus smash

until then it's the redheaded stepchild of wow content and basically doesn't matter at all.

Pretty much. It's never going to be balanced, because it can't be balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
that's not to say i don't want to see it balanced, i do, but not at the detriment of pve (and vice versa)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I mean, druids and monks tbh are basically equal on most fights. Trading off between one being stronger than the other.

However, Druids have better cd's, while monks do damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I mean, druids and monks tbh are basically equal on most fights. Trading off between one being stronger than the other.

There are also quite a few melee-unfriendly fights. Even with the extra damage a Monk can bring, it may not always be wise for a Monk to be in melee because of this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There are also quite a few melee-unfriendly fights. Even with the extra damage a Monk can bring, it may not always be wise for a Monk to be in melee because of this.

Well, you can always CJL spam.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA

Crackling Jade Lightning has seen a lot more use this tier due to that and the fact that we got a mana regen buff (lol).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I forgot about CJL. CAN YOU TELL I HAVEN'T PLAYED MY MONK IN A WHILE?

I always thought its damage wasn't nearly as good as fistweaving, tho.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

pretty much

tree, NV, tranq, genesis (might as well be a CD), shroom is a fantastic CD lineup. revival is still great, but our only other CDs are TFT which is pretty much just spirit shell without the advantage of being absorbs, zen medi which works on approximately nothing and is p much just a personal cooldown, and arguably ring of peace on any fight with weapon-wielding monsters or lots of silenceable monsters (galakras, nazgrim, garrosh, spoils)

e: CJL is a little weaker but scales better with haste than fistweaving does
Edited by Truelite on 10/7/2013 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
I forgot about CJL. CAN YOU TELL I HAVEN'T PLAYED MY MONK IN A WHILE?

I always thought its damage wasn't nearly as good as fistweaving, tho.
It's superior during hero and about even outside of it, it's just hard to dump the chi into damage if you aren't already in melee range. CJL and uplifting is definitely the best way to handle the Norushen trial though.

Edit: The really crappy part about CJL is that the initial tick doesn't do damage so breaking it to REM/use chi will guzzle a lot of extra mana than if the mechanic was changed slightly.
Edited by Pandamonius on 10/7/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Not like Tranq or Divine Hymn go through LoS too. No way, pfff, who would make similar abilities do the same thing minus one mechanic?

Yeah, because channeling those spells ever happens in 2-3-5m groups, right? Do it and you're cc'd to oblivion or school locked. Now if only there was a spell that could do all that but was instant cast...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]