Efflo?DA?DS?Halo?Efflo? Put it all here

90 Pandaren Priest
I forgot about CJL. CAN YOU TELL I HAVEN'T PLAYED MY MONK IN A WHILE?

I always thought its damage wasn't nearly as good as fistweaving, tho.
It's superior during hero and about even outside of it, it's just hard to dump the chi into damage if you aren't already in melee range. CJL and uplifting is definitely the best way to handle the Norushen trial though.

Edit: The really crappy part about CJL is that the initial tick doesn't do damage so breaking it to REM/use chi will guzzle a lot of extra mana than if the mechanic was changed slightly.

I will keep that in mind. Though I plan on crying and throwing a fit if I'm ever expected to play a Monk on that fight. I am hopeless at Monk.

Oh, and I had noticed the no damage on the first tick but mah mana went away thing. It's really...dumb.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Pretty sure I was responding directly to Gangrene. Sorry if I didn't catch your post before it? o_O

You actually quoted me responding to Bunnylove. >,>

Me:
Bunnylove:
and HTT is exactly the same

To be fair, it isn't. I'm guess instant referred to the fact that all of its healing is received immediately, thereby being less at risk for overhealing because the raid has is pushed to full before a channel has finished.

Your response, since I apparently can't nest anymore quotes: Yeah, except you have to play "how low can the raid go" to avoid overhealing. :-\ Even then, it has always done a lot of overhealing.
Edited by Elethia on 10/7/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
tbh, I don't see why people even talk about glyphed efflo even more.

Really it just made druids do similar output to monks.

CJL also procs Dps cloak, which is nice if you don't take zen sphere :P
Edited by Suplift on 10/7/2013 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You actually quoted me responding to Bunnylove. >,>

Oh, I see now. I got who was who mixed up in my head when I was trying to see who I was quoting.

I still stand by the post. I didn't see the post you'd made in response, because I replied to that post before I saw your next one. Not sure if I started before it was posted or what. Anyway, wasn't meant as an insult.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
genesis

is crap. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Oh, I figured. I just thought I should point out that I was aware of the shortcomings.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/07/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Gangrene
Not like Tranq or Divine Hymn go through LoS too. No way, pfff, who would make similar abilities do the same thing minus one mechanic?

Yeah, because channeling those spells ever happens in 2-3-5m groups, right? Do it and you're cc'd to oblivion or school locked. Now if only there was a spell that could do all that but was instant cast...

you just described the problem with soothing mist perfectly!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Bunnylove
genesis

is crap. >.>

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
genesis

is crap. >.>

But what about Dream of Atonement? >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, because channeling those spells ever happens in 2-3-5m groups, right? Do it and you're cc'd to oblivion or school locked. Now if only there was a spell that could do all that but was instant cast...

Which is why you're out of LoS in the first place... which we were just discussing. :|

I see... some people in WoL using it, but I just don't like it. Meeeeh.

And actually, I find myself using Genesis a lot. It could be crap if you're trying to heal so many people quickly, but if it's 1-3, it's really great. I love it, personally.
Edited by Alueim on 10/7/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

If you can't take pvp into account, you really shouldn't even be discussing balance. There are two sides to this game even if you don't participate in both. (The disclaimer was also unnecessary, we all know you have problems being nice).

That's your opinion, and you're free to have it. I'm still going to reiterate: I don't care about PvP balance. I care about my raids, and I care about raid CDs being nerfed. "PvP balance concerns" do very little other than screw raiders over. Just ask Resto Shaman about the entirety of Cataclysm.

That's great, Tiriel. Unfortunately, it isn't my opinion that Blizzard will generally balance a class for both game styles and it "should probably be planned for" (opinion!). Being incredibly snarky towards someone that is thinking ahead is uncalled for.

I don't want to call you out, but the majority of your posts are really condescending (especially when responding to someone you don't agree with). Just be a bro >:D
Edited by Mishakál on 10/7/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
genesis

is crap. >.>

so it has absolutely no use?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
genesis

is crap. >.>

genesis is fun and very good

this one really is crap
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Truelite

is crap. >.>

so it has absolutely no use?

i don't find it to have any use at all, no. i was intrigued at first, played with it for a week of raiding, and dumped it off my hotkeys. we have much better options for on demand healing that are more effective.

people like to think it's like uplift, but in fact is not at all like uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That's great, Tiriel. Unfortunately, it isn't my opinion that Blizzard will generally balance a class for both game styles and it "should probably be planned for" (opinion!). Being incredibly snarky towards someone that is thinking ahead is uncalled for.

I don't want to call you out, but the majority of your posts are really condescending (especially when responding to someone you don't agree with). Just be a bro >:D

Personally, I have no idea who you are. If you have a problem with my posts, you're free to report them if they violate the ToS, or contact me in-game. I can't help how you decide to take my posts.

If you have a problem with me personally, I suggest you put me on ignore so you don't have to read my posts. It's pretty obvious you have a beef with me from the posts you've made. Again, I have no idea who you are and so it's pretty creepy to have you jumping my case.
Edited by Tiriel on 10/7/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Personally, I have no idea who you are. If you have a problem with my posts, you're free to report them if they violate the ToS, or contact me in-game. I can't help how you decide to take my posts.

If you have a problem with me personally, I suggest you put me on ignore so you don't have to read my posts. It's pretty obvious you have a beef with me from the posts you've made. Again, I have no idea who you are and so it's pretty creepy to have you jumping my case.

You can help how people take your posts by not acting so flippant and hostile all the time. I obviously don't know you personally, I'm just referring to your posts.

Like, just be respectful to other people's point of views :(
Edited by Mishakál on 10/7/2013 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You can help how people take your posts by not acting so flippant and hostile all the time. I obviously don't know you personally, I'm just referring to your posts.

Like, just be respectful to other people's point of views :(

Ok, dear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I just felt like I had to play 100% perfectly just to be slightly behind our shaman.

As a 25m raiding druid that raids with THREE resto Shaman and a disc priest. I'm mashing buttons like hell just to stay within 10 percent. I don't want to do this.... I don't want to sit there trying to blanket 12s rejuvs when it's unnecessary just in hopes that my hots may be second to catch any outgoing damage (since Absorbs will always have the first shot). Even my tranqs seem to go to waste! There's some raid wide damage and I get excited and throw out my tranq (thinking "Now's my chance!") and about halfway through my channel everyone is at full health thanks to a HTT or 2.

Argh!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

is crap. >.>

It would be great if our Rejuvs lasted 18 secs. But it's it current form I seem to get the most use out of Genesis during heavy multiple tank damage ...which doesn't happen much.
Thanks to the GCD we can only a few rejuvs out and hit Genesis, any more than that it's a waste since there no point in using for rejuvs that only have 4 secs left

Maybe the 13k HBP will help when I take the plunge
Edited by Celestelle on 10/7/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/07/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Celestelle
I just felt like I had to play 100% perfectly just to be slightly behind our shaman.

As a 25m raiding druid that raids with THREE resto Shaman and a disc priest. I'm mashing buttons like hell just to stay within 10 percent. I don't want to do this.... I don't want to sit there trying to blanket 12s rejuvs when it's unnecessary just in hopes that my hots may be second to catch any outgoing damage (since Absorbs will always have the first shot). Even my tranqs seem to go to waste! There's some raid wide damage and I get excited and throw out my tranq (thinking "Now's my chance!") and about halfway through my channel everyone is at full health thanks to a HTT or 2.

Argh!!

And yet, so many people keep whining about efflorescence...

I am sure glad I do 10M :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]