Having to main swap to Resto druid..

90 Troll Druid
So, I havent mained my druid since the beginning of ToT. I've been healing on my resto shaman up until now. Due to awful token stacking and otherwise raid comp, it'd be better for me to go Druid. We are working on our 7th Heroic in SoO and will be using my shaman for heroics until my druid catches up in gear. I will be healing normals with the druid, though.

That being said, I'm wondering what my stats should look like. I'd like opinions of druids who are healing SoO!

I wanted to see what my stats were like with the 6kwhatever haste breakpoint for WG. You can look at my profile now to see what everything ended up as. Before, I just had the 3045 breakpoint, sameish spirit, and would have 30% mastery raid buffed. I cant decide exactly what to do until I have the gear to get the 33% haste I've been seeing every druid use >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally prefer 3043 haste over 13163, but I haven't had much luck with tier pants. I'll probably switch back when I don't waste like a thousand rating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Probably can't get to the 13163 haste point right now with your gear, so stick to the 3043 and just go for all mastery. You'll get better results since the 6k haste point isn't worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I would definitely stay at the 3043 hbp until you get a 540ilvl or higher WITH the LMG. Without the LMG, even at a 540 ilvl, you'll be sacrificing too much regen to hit the 13163 hbp.

The 6652 hbp is negligible for throughput, so there's actually a high chance that it would be a throughput loss from the 3043 hbp. Mastery to haste for almost no benefit. Only reason to ever go to that breakpoint is if you can no longer reforge down to within a comfortable margin of 3043 or cannot comfortably hit 13163.

So your stat priority (excluding primary stats) would look something like:

Spirit until comfortable > Haste to 3043 > Mastery > Crit > Haste 3044+

Two things I'd also suggest is that you drop Healing Touch glyph for Regrowth (unless, like me, you need Stamp Roar glyph for 25m) and get rid of Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Garbage as soon as humanly possible. Go with the Shado-Pan Assault trinket over that if you have to.
Edited by Catakins on 10/7/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I was like at 3400 haste with o gems and reforged out, so was like waahhh it feels waasttefuull. Also I has bad luck w/ trink drops. And my vp was ended up used to upgrade stuff, I completely forgot about that shado trink. Maybe the new timeless one is worth getting?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Also! When is it worth breaking the 4pc bonus for higher ilvl? Say the heroic gloves drop, should I use the better ilvl gloves over having the 4pc?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I pref. to stay down in haste. I go 3043 then stack mastery. Personal choice.

I also like to run SoTF 100% of the time, and use it with wild growth on CD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use SotF 100% of the time too xD I personally love mastery as well, I'll prob jsut stick with 3045 until my gear gives me no choice but to go higher hbp haha.

Still curious on when to break bonus set though.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also! When is it worth breaking the 4pc bonus for higher ilvl? Say the heroic gloves drop, should I use the better ilvl gloves over having the 4pc?

10 or 25man?
More rejuv spammage in 25s, I'd probably be more inclined to drop 4pc for 10s sooner. My personal opinion.

Stick with 2p as long as you can or until Efflo is nerfed. lol

10/07/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Panda
Yeah I was like at 3400 haste with o gems and reforged out, so was like waahhh it feels waasttefuull.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, as well as trink drops=(
Just the 6k HBP is so menial, I'd stay 3k until you can reach 13k, even if you cannot get rid of any more haste and you're a couple hundred over. Wasteful and I hate it, but really, the 6k one is junk. No point.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Agreed, Im going back to the 3k haste. I'm in 10man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed, Im going back to the 3k haste. I'm in 10man.

since your 10man i would keep the 4piece and drop the spirit gems only need it for 25man and try get your hands on the VP trinket and marco with innervate.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am at the 13k hbp and have had no mana issues in 25 man with under 10k spirit. I have even reforged into haste from spirit to keep some mastery. I have been very lucky with haste drops though. If you keep track of innervate and Shadow Pan Assault trinket you will be fine. Do not Macro the two together though. I always keep an eye on my bar to see when I am at 85% mana. When I get there I pop the Shadow Pan trinket. Once I reach 85% again I use Innervate. Once the shadow Pan trinket is off CD I use it again and so on. I have very little mana issues as long as I pay attention. You can get Weak Aura's to track it as well with a visual or an audio alert but I don't really like Weak Aura's.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/07/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Cowpuss
I am at the 13k hbp and have had no mana issues in 25 man with under 10k spirit.

With your Ilvl, I'm not sure that's ideal. Unless your group is overhealing content or youre os heals or not running hard content, idk.
That's very low spirit for 25man and 10man.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I am at the 13k hbp and have had no mana issues in 25 man with under 10k spirit.

With your Ilvl, I'm not sure that's ideal. Unless your group is overhealing content or youre os heals or not running hard content, idk.
That's very low spirit for 25man and 10man.

TBH if you're good with mana management the regen numbers seem fine to me - it looks like he runs w/5 heals (25N) including a holy priest and a resto shaman so hymn of hope and mtt probably make up the difference in mana regained from innervate due to spirit loss from 12k to 9k. Having HLG is usually worth a couple of innervates over the course of a fight as well. I will say if he was able to get more uptime out of lifebloom he would probably get more clearcasting procs, especially with the higher hbp - mana would probably be even less of a problem for him.

edit: sorry i went wol snooping lol
Edited by Arkista on 10/7/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's all good. The last few nights I have been bad at keeping LB up. Personal drama and the fights being a bit hectic as they were our first kills and there are just so many things to keep track of on Mal and General. I am not available to raid on Tuesday so I don't get to see farm fights. My ilevel will always be lower because of this too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I wasn't a huge fan of the T15 4p, so dropped it as soon as I could. In a 10 man with the 3043 HBP, most of it was going to overheal. Even though overheal helps charge mushrooms faster, I haven't had the need for supercharging shrooms so far (that may change in later fights), and not blooming shrooms isn't the waste it was in T15 because of Efflo.

Now if I could only get the T16 2p, or a leather drop that is Haste instead of Crit...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]