EoL nerfed?

90 Draenei Shaman

Then, there was Elegon in MSV when the last phase starts, but that shouldn't be healing related when everyone was running onto the platform and actually doing less healing or damaging.

Most Elegon performance issues were related to rendering shadows on top of that grate.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Fallen Protectors two weeks ago: 19,037,936
Fallen Protectors tonight: 11,031,004

Killed them about a minute and a half faster. However, I don't know that a minute and a half accounts for 8 million healing. Especially when I got a ton of gear between now and then (made out like a bandit the last two weeks).

Edited to Add: Oh, and we're still experiencing input lag.
Edited by Tiriel on 10/8/2013 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Nothing more than a meter padding nerf/maybe you are more vulnerable to heal sniping...But..heal snipes is an issue HoT healers have to deal with.

But, to their point of dealing with input lag....rofl. There's a whole bunch of other priest mechanics I could point to that would be far larger culprits. (speaking just of priests...this isn't priest specific, even though you're targeted here via hotfix)
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/8/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So it's a meter padding nerf to a spec that has no reason to be nerfed?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Killed them about a minute and a half faster. However, I don't know that a minute and a half accounts for 8 million healing. Especially when I got a ton of gear between now and then (made out like a bandit the last two weeks).

Did your fellow healer(s) output increase? I suspect this should be more of a hotfix that allows you to be more easily sniped, not actually nerfed (even though yer recount will effectively show lower, your potential should be unchanged.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Did your fellow healer(s) output increase? I suspect this should be more of a hotfix that allows you to be more easily sniped, not actually nerfed (even though yer recount will effectively show lower, your potential should be unchanged.)

In comparison to me? Yes. I went down. :-P Protectors is a Disc/Druid fight, and I can't even come close to the Druids at the moment. And the funny thing is, in the previous log I was competing against a Shaman. My healing should have gone up, not down.

Comparing last week's Norushen kill with this weeks, I've lost a little over 5% of my healing from EoL. :-\

If you can't understand why EoL doing less healing is a nerf, I don't know what to tell you. EoL is a big part of my healing - was averaging close to 30% of my healing on fights, consistently. I now have more Mastery, more Intellect, and more Spellpower, but EoL is healing for less.
Edited by Tiriel on 10/8/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
A few players are complaining that the individual ticks are less than they should be as well. Has that been your experience?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
A few players are complaining that the individual ticks are less than they should be as well. Has that been your experience?

Yeah. It's about 500 off of what it should be, at least. I'm comparing a log from last week, before I got like, 4 upgrades. So it's probably even further off.
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Tiriel

Yeah. It's about 500 off of what it should be, at least. I'm comparing a log from last week, before I got like, 4 upgrades. So it's probably even further off.

My actual EoL ticks are within 1 point of what I calculate them to be, so although it has a much longer tick interval it is still doing the correct amount of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So it's accurately doing triple the one per second amount?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My actual EoL ticks are within 1 point of what I calculate them to be, so although it has a much longer tick interval it is still doing the correct amount of healing.

My ticks last week, with less gear (I got...4 upgrades last week) were ticking for an average of 4933.4 each. My ticks this week are an average of 14370.4.

I've gained 4 upgrades, more Mastery and more Intellect. Yet even if I were to go back and multiply the average from last week by 3, it would be more (14800.2) than the current ticks I'm seeing.

Edited to Add: It also appears to be ticking for 1/3 of the ticks that it was ticking for last week. Shouldn't it be 1/2? o_O
Edited by Tiriel on 10/8/2013 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, it is doing triple the one second amount as it is supposed to.

I have 35.40% mastery, and Rapid Renewal heals me for 11940. 35.40% of that number is 4226.76 (4227 since the game will round). This is my expected value.

In my combat logs I received two EoL ticks, one for 2114 and the other for 2113, which totals 4227.

The reason for the discrepancy in the tooltip is because although the tick values are calculated by the game, the coding of the tooltip itself is client side. It will state "every sec" until it is patched to say something else, even though the tick values have changed because of the hotfix.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The reason for the discrepancy in the tooltip is because although the tick values are calculated by the game, the coding of the tooltip itself is client side. It will state "every sec" until it is patched to say something else, even though the tick values have changed because of the hotfix.

No one was talking about the tooltip. I'm not sure why you're getting that out of what we said.
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Tiriel

No one was talking about the tooltip. I'm not sure why you're getting that out of what we said.

Can you post anything that clearly shows EoL is not doing the correct amount of healing?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
my numbers are also accurate within a single digit (66076 serenity, two 6130 eol ticks)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Can you post anything that clearly shows EoL is not doing the correct amount of healing?

Lil bit busy with raid. I was comparing last weeks' numbers with this week's numbers. They seem off, even without considering my increase in Mastery.
Reply Quote
Testing on my awfully geared H priest with Serenity on, the numbers ARE fine but it is the new mechanics that throw things askew.

More to come when I finish this Flex <.<

E: Basically, refreshing an Echo before the first tick will cause the refreshed one to refresh to 6 seconds and split the healing between 3 ticks. Before this change, Echo would refresh to 6 and divide by 6. This makes the new EoL ticks look off relative to old ones, and not being correctly 3x the old average.
Edited by Korghal on 10/8/2013 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Change Holy's mastery to a ticking, stacking shield. Only solution obviously. Since DA and illuminated healing aren't too strong, but Holy's mastery needed a nerf.

I wasn't aware Illuminated Healing didn't get beat into the ground with the EF nerf into balance, and that Holy priests weren't really strong in SoO
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm still getting input lag even though we run with zero Holy Priests. I guess EoL was the issue afterall!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm still getting input lag even though we run with zero Holy Priests. I guess EoL was the issue afterall!

Ya, it's all over the place. I was lagging out on Nazgrim (actually froze it was so bad) without any Holy Priests in raid. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]