EoL nerfed?

100 Tauren Priest
We heard holy priests hate chakra, but we as blizzard in our everlasting wisdom think we reinvented the wheel with chakra so you will take your chakra buffs and like it till it becomes so unbalanced and terrible that a baseline holy priest is garbage and when you are not in the right chakra you don't dare cast the wrong spell. If you accidentally cast said wrong spell you whither and die slowly inside as said spell hits like a wet noodle.

AM I DOING IT RIGHT?

On a side note with the changes to both efflo ticks and eol ticks is 25 man seeing and reduced input lag yet? I know it was reported that the eol change didn't do much to reduce lag but did the 2 combined help?
Edited by Rapsidy on 10/10/2013 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
On a side note with the changes to both efflo ticks and eol ticks is 25 man seeing and reduced input lag yet? I know it was reported that the eol change didn't do much to reduce lag but did the 2 combined help?

Not from what I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My 25m runs 1 Holy 1 Disc 1-2 Druids a Pally and Myself for our healing roster.

There have been 0 input lag changes to date

In fact if anything they got worse.

At the end of last tier I was Streaming/Live Logging/Playing the game/Listening to Music/and at times watching a stream while streaming lol(I can be forgetful)

Now I can't Even hope to have one of those things in the background while I play the game or else I suffer from severe input lag on a brand new computer I just built and Internet that is more than solid and stable.

Has anyone even remotely thought that this brand new Background Desktop back loader is the issue??? I personally see a difference in game performance from when it is floating on the desktop in the background of the game vs. when I manually close it.

I will say these changes do feel as if Blizzard is blindfolded in the dark.. as if their game may have finally gotten.... too..... old
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
considering input lag was a thing last tier before the bnet client was a thing, i doubt it
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
So buff chakras by a additional 10%.

EoL Problem wont be solved but holy burst will go up.

Blizzard priest troubleshooting:

1. If both specs too low: Buff PoH and PoM by (random 30)%.

2. If Holy too low: Buff Chakra by (random 15)%.

3. If Disc too low: Buff PWS by (random 400)%.

4. If Disc priests still whining: Buff Rapture by (random 200)%.

5. If Holy priests still whining: Tell them to flip off.

6. If Holy too high: Increase CoH mana cost by (random 25)%.

7. If Disc too high: Reduce PWS, DA, and/or SS duration by (random 5) seconds.

8. If designers bored: Increase Penance cooldown by 2 seconds.

9. If designers still bored: Add glyph to reduce Penance cooldown by 2 seconds.

Pretty sure that's the basic manual. You may get your wish.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I laughed and then realized I laughed because it's kinda true and now I'm sad.
Edited by Smitebrite on 10/11/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/11/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Tiriel

Not from what I've seen.

Not until they nerf the shaman, then the pally, then the monk... just kidding.

We got to Malkorok this week after the EoL and Efflorescence changes were in. When I was in Disc, I still had input lag at the beginning, so my other non-priest healers would have something to do with it. When I switched to Holy, it definitely got worse even we started the fight with the raid spread out. I had to pray the first Arcing Smash not to coming my direction, because I wouldn't be able to get out of it.

Though, when I was doing 25m flex yesterday, I didn't have much input lag with 2 holy priests in the raid. The group even started with the whole raid stacking for a couple of seconds when the tank pulled the boss towards the raid. We couldn't do this in our normal raid, because Malkorok would cast Seismic Slam on the raid and blow everyone up in the air right away. And, I don't have input lag in LFR either, with an army of fellow priest healers.

I've heard that input lag in heroic is even worse than normal. My guess is, when Blizzard designed the encounter, they underestimated the amount of cooldowns, procs, pre-pot, pre-cast of a normal or heroic raid?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
3. If Disc too low: Buff PWS by (random 400)%.

I still remember T11 and how PW:Shield got its output increased by 200% early in the tier, which led to Disc spamming it 24/7 until they also nerfed the mana cost. Oh and even Holy Priests were spamming it, too, because Body and Soul had a mana cost reduction back then. Fun days.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
i think spells can be less shiny. might help the input lag. even at low settings, spells are still pretty darn colorful.

i mean, hw: sanc can be less sparkly for all i know.
Edited by Kitchenslave on 10/11/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The fact that they made huge last minute changes going into 5.4 (i.e. the HR, SCK, Sanctuary, Holy Radiance, etc target caps) reducing the number of healing events and there has been no real improvement to input lag (in fact it has gotten worse for a lot of people it seems) seems to indicate that healing probably wasn't really the cause of most of the problem in the first place. They should really stop screwing around with class mechanics mid patch (and they should not have made the ground heal target cap/smart heal changes at the last second before 5.4 either) unless they are sure that it is actually the cause of the problem.

It seems to be a combination of combat log issues and raid detail/environmental design issues. At least for me, the worst input lag happens on outdoor fights (i.e. Protectors, Dark Shaman, Galakras). Indoor fights like Blackfuse don't seem to have any input lag at all. I am also convinced that the changes made to the combat log in 5.2 are probably the biggest culprit. I get noticable input lag in 25H and even 25 man flex raids if I have /combatlog running (to live log to WoL). If I disable it, there's a noticable improvement. That indicates the combat log is causing input lag. On top of that, the huge input lag problems only really started with 5.2 (ignoring the Ultraxion green buff outlier). They should stop screwing around with class mechanics (and the class balance issues doing so mid patch causes) and fix or revert the 5.2 combat log changes.

What I really fear is them screwing around with the frequency of HoT ticks on spells that people actually gear to breakpoints for (i.e. Healing Rain, Rejuv, ReM, etc.) in their continued input lag crusade. The problem with doing that is it screws up haste breakpoints and causes intermediate haste breakpoints to go away. I.E., if you gear a HoT to have 9 ticks and they suddenly decide to double the healing and duration between ticks, that 9th tick essentially disappears, and you will only be able to gear to the 4th tick (which is currently the 8th) or add a lot more haste to get to the 5th (currently the 10th). That would completely screw up people's gearing, gemming and stat priorities and would be completely unacceptable in the middle of a tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i think spells can be less shiny. might help the input lag. even at low settings, spells are still pretty darn colorful.

This has nothing to do with input lag, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I believe the culprit is the legendary cloak proc amplified by any hot based healing spec.
Each healing events that overheals generates 5 mini smartheals flying around.
The more folks to have those cloaks in raids, the worst it will get.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I believe the culprit is the legendary cloak proc amplified by any hot based healing spec.
Each healing events that overheals generates 5 mini smartheals flying around.
The more folks to have those cloaks in raids, the worst it will get.

Input lag has been a persistent problem since before people even had access to the Legendary proc cloak. It became extremely noticeable in heroic 25 man ToT fights (5.2+). So I actually do not believe that the Legendary Cloak is to blame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I laughed and then realized I laughed because it's kinda true and now I'm sad.

Hey, you are in this mage's (overall taint) guild!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

please don't take away my sparkles. stop giving them ideas
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My echo of light overhealing went from 40% to 60% in 2 weeks. It used to be my first heal but no longer is. I tell you what, that holy spec is due for a buff not a nerf. Keep the 2 ticks of EOL instead of 5 if you want, but make them happen at second 1 and second 2 and not second 3 and 6. Remember, this not a smartheal and will still be doing massive overhealing. It just need to not be badly sniped by other healers smartheals like it is right now.

Thx
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Here's a hotfix from earlier today.

October 16
Priest
Holy
Mastery: Echo of Light's healing has been increased by 4%.

:o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Here's a hotfix from earlier today.

October 16
Priest
Holy
Mastery: Echo of Light's healing has been increased by 4%.

:o

Thanks for the update but it will just overheal more later. This is not a power issue, it is a timing issue.
It feels like there is a dps dev trying to fix a healing spec as if it was healing a dummy without taking into account other healers and their cast time in a raid.
I still don’t understand why efflorescence (a smartheal) was changed from a tick every second to a tick every 2s, while EOL was changed from a tick every second to a tick every 3s while not a smartheal.
For sure the timing issue of EOL is almost nonexistent for heroic contend where health pools are bigger and less often topped.

For 10 man normal (which is what a majority is playing btw) the situation is just appalling:
http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/all/7/30/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

And even if you look at the top100 parses for holy priest (players that should know their stuff and what they are doing) it remains appalling:
http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/100/7/30/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

So I am going to be served with a typical “you are lobbying for buffs” but I’ll just point at that 1 years chart that lobbies itself: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/100/7/365/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

I am so happy to see our bottom buddies the resto shamans being bumped up(I have an alt shammy I enjoy a lot) but my main is a holy priest. I do occasionally play disc for the good of my guild but I really don’t enjoy it. How can one enjoy a proactive style that always requires ganking timers to max his/her preshielding? I don’t.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
A lot of guilds have their logs completely locked right now. I had to specifically ask that my guild publish our farm night publicly this week for something else I was working on. Most of the time, our progression and first kill logs are locked up tight. And my numbers never tend to be higher than the first kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]