Rated Battleground Ratings Adjustments

Community Manager
As you may be aware, we recently made a change to Rated Battleground queues that makes players wait until the match has ended to queue for a new Rated Battleground, even if they had left that match. This change allowed us to close a loophole some were using to artificially inflate their ratings, but unfortunately quite a bit of abuse had already occurred by the time we implemented the fix. Our goal now is to restore as much integrity to the Rated Battleground ladders as possible, and we’ll be doing that in two key ways.

During our next maintenance we’ll be lowering all Rated Battleground personal and matchmaking ratings for those above 2200 down to 2200. The abuse was widespread to a point that many legitimate players’ ratings have been inflated just because they’ve played against those who had used the loophole to boost their rating, and so we need to get everyone back to some equal footing. But secondly we’ll be taking action against the accounts for those who knowingly and purposely abused the exploit to boost their rating, which will result in more than just their rating being reduced.

We’ll be keeping a close eye on things, and looking to take swift action for any further issues.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Glad to know you guys are doing something.

I hate to see legit players are being caught in this issue. Team needs to be proactive and aware what is going on.

Good luck, I don't see anything but complaints all around about this.
Reply Quote
75 Human Rogue
lore going ham today
Reply Quote
Hot diggity.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
And we know they won't be getting banned. That means less money for blizzard. A 3 day suspension and all of them will be back exploiting this atrocious ladder once again.
Reply Quote
Oh boy, some people gonna be MAD. lol
Reply Quote
All that I can say is I feel really bad for the what I think to be one legitimate team out there that is pushing 2400, I think he's at like 2319 or somewhere around there... Grinding 12 points per win... and to see them get pushed back to 2200.

But other than that one team out there, it's a good change. Glad to see it happen.

Now, if only bliz would actually read the tickets out there about my achievements...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Oh wow...Good job.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
why dont you just ban people?

its entirely obvious that people with 2220+ in rbgs that are in full/half greens are exploiting
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
2220+ in rbgs that are in full/half greens are exploiting

It was worse than that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
If anything ever needed integrity restored it's that RBG ladder. Guys running around with no enchants and gems at 3500 rating, guys in greens at 2700, hell - guys at 2700 with 1 lifetime HK.

Nothing suss.
Reply Quote
All that I can say is I feel really bad for the what I think to be one legitimate team out there that is pushing 2400, I think he's at like 2319 or somewhere around there... Grinding 12 points per win... and to see them get pushed back to 2200.

But other than that one team out there, it's a good change. Glad to see it happen.

Now, if only bliz would actually read the tickets out there about my achievements...

My team has been pushing 2400 for awhile now. We're currently the highest rated legit team with all of us around 2350cr. We had to go around 90-10 at 2250-2300mmr to achive this so far.

abuse was widespread to a point that many legitimate players’ ratings have been inflated just because they’ve played against those who had used the loophole to boost their rating, and so we need to get everyone back to some equal footing.

The fact that blizzard thinks people have queued into wintrading teams and got inflated mmr off them is anything from correct. I've played almost 100games and have yet to see a wintrade team which has above 200mmr. Most of the time theyre negative teams with nobody on other side, which gives us 0 points and 0mmr. Also no legit team actually queues with wintraders. That's the dumbest thing ive heard, because it'll basically be 9v10.

There's about 3-4 legit teams that queue high mmr. The actual people who RBG at these ratings know who's legit and who isnt. It's sad that a quick look in the ladder and any decent high rated rbg'er knows who's legit and who isnt.

Well im going to lose my 2360cr, which took me awhile to gain but i suppose this is a step in the right direction. It just comes off as kind of lazy on Blizzards end.
Edited by Ôó on 10/7/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
why dont you just ban people?

its entirely obvious that people with 2220+ in rbgs that are in full/half greens are exploiting

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Reply Quote
/highfive blizzard for taking action right away instead of just letting the whole season spoil
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I will gladly sacrifice rating if this is actually a legit fix and wintraders wont just instantly pop back over legit players again.

queue up ladies, I got a tabard to get
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Better two-three seasons late than never i suppose. As others said, banning the people at 2700 in full greens seems like the way to go but one can only hope.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
/highfive blizzard for taking action right away instead of just letting the whole season spoil

this has been an issue since rbgs were implemented, hardly "right away"
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Yea it partly sucks Ôó, but I'm still in shock something is actually being done about this. The European 5v5 ladder is just as messed up. While you might get knocked down a little rating, I have no doubt you'll get it back, and at least you'll truly be on top of the ladder.
Reply Quote
this has been an issue since rbgs were implemented, hardly "right away"

I feel that its only recently that the forums have been flooded with the issue and moreso since I feel that interest in RBGs has risen this season.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]