Restoration Shaman T16 4pc Set bonus

90 Pandaren Shaman
Pretty sure i got the silliest answer ever.

Though we as Game Masters cannot always provide exact answers or specific number crunching, we do step in to guide those who have found troubles along the way!

Above is a single forum post that I do believe may help. You see, the forums are used by players to talk to other players on debates just like the one you've presented! In this situation, I'd highly suggest using whatever heals the most for you. Definitely check gems, reforging, and enchantments before being ready to change up your style!!

I thank you for the time and patience you've demonstrated throughout this issue, and I do hope that I have helped in the best possible way! Best of luck my friend ^-^

Obviously not taking this an an answer and will keep going.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Got another response last night.

I also checked for potential known issue at the moment about this, but found none, so that everything seems working as intended as far as we know.

Still fired back looking for how much SP is taken into account.

Also some logs from last night from 7/14.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d2unzj2puhzy7wa5/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Guess i might as well give up with tickets. As this was the last answer i got.

In terms of exact numbers though, Game Masters rarely have the access needed to see those, so we are just as much in the dark as the player base. I did read on some of the fan site though that it scales very weakly with SP, but that's all I really know. You may want to do some more searching around these fan sites, as I found a few articles that were pertaining to that set specifically.

I suppose they have no phones over there where you can call each other within the building and say "hey George, how much SP does the Spirit Champion take into account?".

Seems like a pretty easy answer to give and no reason it should be a secret.

edit: my simple questions was "what is the restoration shaman 4 pc spell power coefficient?"

Answer: "Go to someone besides the people that make the game because we don't know. Maybe a fansite can tell you."

Very disappointing indeed.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/9/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I tweeted GC and asked "On behalf of a friend, what is the Spellpower coefficient for the Resto shaman 4pc power?"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I tweeted GC and asked "On behalf of a friend, what is the Spellpower coefficient for the Resto shaman 4pc power?"

Perciate it. Hopefully he has clearence to this type of information.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's extremely simple to work it out yourselves, simply record min and max values in 3-4 different sets of gear with differing spell powers and make some graphs. The equation of the trendline that fits the graphs will give you the base healing and spellpower coefficient. y=mx+b, where m = spellpower coefficient and b = base healing.

They are, before Purification:

• Chain Heal: 8669 to 9845 plus 3.6% of your Spellpower, per target (max 4)
  • Greater Healing Wave: 17461 to 19670 plus 6.9% of your Spellpower
  • Healing Surge: 14304 to 16227 plus 5.9% of your Spellpower
  • Healing Wave: 9537 to 10815 plus 4.1% of your Spellpower

Multiply the results by 1.25 to get the healing your Spirit Champion will do while you're in Resto spec.

I had 40-50 data points for each spell, which took a few hours to gather on PTR, and this was predicting my Spirit Champion's healing to within 1%. So while these aren't perfect, because I couldn't be bothered spending more than 3 hours on it, they're pretty darn close :P

[Edit: As far as I know I'm the only fan site with the actual information about this, so maybe that game master was talking about me yay /dances XD]
Edited by Dayani on 10/9/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I was gonna link Dayani's blog that she linked to my tweet, but she got here first.

Freaking Draenei!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I linked it earlier in this thread anyway :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I linked it earlier in this thread anyway :P

Freaking Space Goats!

...I didn't actually read that part (or rather, I thought Harpoa's question was different or whatever).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Edit: As far as I know I'm the only fan site with the actual information about this, so maybe that game master was talking about me yay /dances XD]

They actually linked me 2 dead pages, icyveins, and noxxic >.<

Was more about them acknowledging how terrible it is. Pretty much just going to give up and put back on T15 2 pc until i get H fillers. Just real poor design.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/09/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Harpoa
Edit: As far as I know I'm the only fan site with the actual information about this, so maybe that game master was talking about me yay /dances XD]

Breaking my heart, Harpoa. Breaking. My. Heart.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/09/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Harpoa

Was more about them acknowledging how terrible it is. Pretty much just going to give up and put back on T15 2 pc until i get H fillers. Just real poor design.

lmbooooooo
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It sucks but at this point I wouldn't want to waste my SWG for this type of cooldown anyway.

it mattered in dragon soul since we had like 1 total cooldown. It was really good then.

Plus the off pieces are itemized nice. It'd be nice if they changed it but they probably won't. 2 piece is awesome as is.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/07/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Dayani
I'll see how it goes there; I suspect that even if I get it to do its full potential it'll still seem pretty lacklustre compared to the ~300k hps I pull on AG-friendly fights :P

Slightly off topic, but which fights are you getting the best results from AG on? I've been trying to find ways to work it in, but there aren't any fights where rushing streams is bad so I haven't been experimenting much yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/11/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Taughror
I'll see how it goes there; I suspect that even if I get it to do its full potential it'll still seem pretty lacklustre compared to the ~300k hps I pull on AG-friendly fights :P

Slightly off topic, but which fights are you getting the best results from AG on? I've been trying to find ways to work it in, but there aren't any fights where rushing streams is bad so I haven't been experimenting much yet.

I've been getting good results w/ AG on Protectors: big heals during calamity, and on Malkorok: pre hot up as many players as you can pop Healing Tide, Ascendance, and AG then start spamming while keeping HR on the Melee and tanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Well, first we have to define "best".

My definition of best: "Delivers the healing when it is needed most"

I use AG for Protectors (during Dark Meditation, or sometimes to deal with Inferno Blast/Calamity overlaps), Norushen, Normal Sha of Pride (but not Heroic because we're too spread), Galakras (during Korgra the Snake and again at the end with Flames of Galakrond), Malkorok (for Blood Rage healing; I raid with 4 priests who just each pop Halo at the start of the fight and everyone's shield is full), and Garrosh (for Ironstar Explosions and Whirling Corruptions).

I was using AG for Thok, because I could get off Healing Surges between the Deafening Screech casts and use AS to get an instant HR down. But I have been experimenting with Conductivity instead - practicing for Heroic Thok - and I really like it. I'm torn there which will be more useful until I try it.

For the remaining fights I use RS and wear 2p Ht15/2p t16. Mind you, I'm in 25-player raids, so even with RS and the tier 15 2-piece bonus, I'm only ever covering 12% of my raid with each tick of Healing Stream, whereas I can see it being a lot stronger in 10-player raids where it covers 30%.

Rushing Streams will very likely generate more healing than Ancestral Guidance will, so if all you care about is raw throughput, then you can stick with it for all the fights. However, I'm one of those old-school BC healers who believes that healing is about responding to damage patterns, and Ancestral Guidance allows you to respond to burst damage while Rushing Streams really does not. :)
Edited by Dayani on 10/11/2013 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I personally find that whenever I try to use AG on a fight (except Malkorok) to play around with it or see if I can get more out of it than RS through smart play, I end up regretting it. We're a spec that already has 3 huge burst cooldowns (HTT, Ascendance, SLT), and I rarely find myself feeling that having a 4th major cooldown will make a significant difference in our raid's success. I already often have trouble finding effective places to use the 3 major cooldowns we already have without them being largely wasted to overheal or having to stack them together. In a 25 man raid, there are just sooooo many other major throughput cooldowns that other healers (and DPS) have access to that AG just feels superfluous. I agree that using AG is almost always going to be a throughput loss over using RS.

As far as Thok, I have found that I don't really like either AG or Conductivity for that fight. To use AG to anywhere near its potential, you either need to use it on the earlier stacks (when it is not really needed), or you need to have BoPs or AMs available to you during its duration. I would rather not steal BoPs from Disc Priests (or caster DPS to kill the thing faster) when I can mitigate that need through alternate talent selection. With Conductivity, there are two problems. One is, (at least during Thok progression), I ran a very heavy 15,400 haste build for the extra HR and HTT ticks. At that level of haste, Conductivity only extends the HR duration by 2.6 seconds per spell cast (the talent still stupidly negatively scales with haste). It wasn't all that easy to keep HR up through HS spam during higher stacks with it only being a 2.6 second extension. Plus, using HS as a "filler" on that fight feels like a fairly significant output loss over spamming glyphed Riptides between HR casts and having the HoT rolling on usually 8+ targets at a time. I just ended up defaulting to RS and the ~8% passive throughput increase for Thok, and it's what ended up feeling the most effective.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well, first we have to define "best".

My definition of best: "Delivers the healing when it is needed most"

I use AG for Protectors (during Dark Meditation, or sometimes to deal with Inferno Blast/Calamity overlaps), Norushen, Normal Sha of Pride (but not Heroic because we're too spread), Galakras (during Korgra the Snake and again at the end with Flames of Galakrond), Malkorok (for Blood Rage healing; I raid with 4 priests who just each pop Halo at the start of the fight and everyone's shield is full), and Garrosh (for Ironstar Explosions and Whirling Corruptions).

I was using AG for Thok, because I could get off Healing Surges between the Deafening Screech casts and use AS to get an instant HR down. But I have been experimenting with Conductivity instead - practicing for Heroic Thok - and I really like it. I'm torn there which will be more useful until I try it.

For the remaining fights I use RS and wear 2p Ht15/2p t16. Mind you, I'm in 25-player raids, so even with RS and the tier 15 2-piece bonus, I'm only ever covering 12% of my raid with each tick of Healing Stream, whereas I can see it being a lot stronger in 10-player raids where it covers 30%.

Rushing Streams will very likely generate more healing than Ancestral Guidance will, so if all you care about is raw throughput, then you can stick with it for all the fights. However, I'm one of those old-school BC healers who believes that healing is about responding to damage patterns, and Ancestral Guidance allows you to respond to burst damage while Rushing Streams really does not. :)

I suppose my definition of "best" is probably slightly different than yours in this case. I'm kind of a meter junky so when I'm looking for the best option for a fight I'm typically looking for any opportunity to maximize my healing output. In the case of something like Thok, I think AG may end up being very beneficial. My guild is currently working on this fight and I've been getting a hand of protection followed by a devotion aura to allow me to use ascendance to its full potential. If I add AG to that mix, it might work out quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
I love the 4pc because of how awesome it looks with chain heal, double jesus beams plus a mini me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So to summarize the Resto Shaman bugs documented in just this one thread:

1) The 2T16 bonus is incorrectly logged as a heal by the recipient,
2) Our 4T16 bonus is 4-10 times weaker than those of other specs, in addition to just being a terrible design idea to begin with, and
3) The shiny, revamped version of a talent in the only healing talent tier scales negatively with our best stat.

And this after being obviously broken and ignored for the first full year/two raid tiers of the expansion.

Pray to your ancestors that we get a competent dev in the *next* expansion!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]