Restoration Shaman T16 4pc Set bonus

90 Troll Shaman
You are smoking something if you think disc priests gain 4% crit from their 4 piece. If anything it's a huge crit loss to take the 4 piece because every single piece of tier has spirit and mastery on it. Not one piece of our tier has crit on it. Most disc priests are going to grab the hands and legs and grab the bis chest shoulders and helm with ACTUAL crit on it.

And this is coming from a disc priest who raids ten man where SS is supposed to be overpowered. I wouldn't touch the disc 4 piece with a ten foot ugly stick so if you are going to pull numbers out of your butt at least try to make it look plausible. Extra mastery on a spell I can practically cap already with a high likely hood of critting in a single cap is useless.

Is it not +10% Crit while Archangel is up? Therefore, with 40% AA uptime, it would be an average of +4% Crit? That is where I am pulling the numbers from.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Is it not +10% Crit while Archangel is up? Therefore, with 40% AA uptime, it would be an average of +4% Crit? That is where I am pulling the numbers from.

2pc is 10% crit, 4pc is

Set: Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next Holy Word: Serenity by 33% and your Holy Word: Chastise and Sanctuary spells by 75%, stacking up to 3 times. While Spirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3,500 mastery.

it's honestly not very good. i wont be taking it unless it falls into my lap and i can fool around with it.
Edited by Tsilyi on 10/26/2013 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can already cap a group without the extra mastery I don't need it it makes the 4 piece worthless. Also, this tier is incredibly spirit shell unfriendly. Blame blizzard for the ridiculous level 90 talents and only giving us ten seconds to get spirit shell out but it's become a situational cd at best compared to an amazing cd that aligns with every single boss mechanic that a disc priest can line up like they did in tot.

Also saving AA just to use spirit shell is bad play. When you get the two piece you should cast AA on cd all the time every time in almost any situation except maybe garrosh where the damage is extremely predictable. It's much better to have AA for divine star or halo than it is for spirit shell because of the cap change. So it devalues spirit shell even more.

And yeah the 2 piece is ten % extra crit from AA being up in case there was confusion.

I was wondering why you were thinking the 4 piece was any good but maybe that was why.
Edited by Rapsidy on 10/26/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well I guess druids should also have a 4 piece that is total crap as well since they are also wildly overpowered especially in 10 man.

This is silly and tiresome. Most of us are frustrated because shaman are not the only over tuned healing class at the moment and we by no means have the versatility of druids and even discipline priests and yet we have been slapped with the awful 4 piece.

Dayani's contributions make the sad truth easier to swallow but to say the complaints are not legitimate because we need to be nerfed for even a slight buff to our 4 piece is just ridiculous when druids are switching out tier 15 tier pieces for some fights even when they have tier 16. There is a huge double standard with tier bonuses and it needs to be addressed.

Resto Druids are tied to their t15 bonuses due to the strength of the bonuses, I can't think of a scenario where their tier 16 would be better.

There really is no double standard, each tier there are specs that go by with tier bonuses not equating to a lot. Tier bonuses don't have to be a certain % gain, the developers themselves stated some classes/specs will have to choose off pieces over tier with warforged/thunderforged, and they were fine with that.

Shamans are also much more versatile healers than druids, if anything we're one of the most versatile.

I am not going to get into a discussion of why I think druids are more versatile than shaman with you because it will eventually come down to opinion. You said in a previous post that the developers need to do better with class balance and design every tier and improve. Paladins got their 4 piece bonus nerfed because they were clinging on to them the next tier. So as far as I am concerned, it is not intended for druids to be 'tied' to their tier 15 bonuses because the bonuses are so ridiculously overpowered. It is bad design. Especially if I use your logic that, their current healing power is balanced with their tier 16 bonuses in mind. Seems like a double standard to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Maybe I'm crazy but I actually want the 4 set bonus. Think of it as turning Spirit Shell into a mini-PI every minute. You don't even have to put up Spirit Shells you could literally just use it to speed up your Smites. At the same time, if you do want Spirit Shells, they'll be put up much faster. Seems damn decent to me, and totally worth losing only two crit pieces for, especially when only Spirit/Crit, Crit/Haste, and Mastery/Crit pieces beat tier pieces. Spirit/Haste and Haste/Mastery pieces are not better imo. Then again, I don't have access to Heroic Warforged pieces, so maybe my opinion is trash.
Edited by Celestials on 10/27/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Then again, I don't have access to Heroic Warforged pieces, so maybe my opinion is trash.

Don't ever let anyone bully you into thinking this is the case. This is a forum for all opinions and yours is certainly valid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/27/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Tsilyi
Then again, I don't have access to Heroic Warforged pieces, so maybe my opinion is trash.

Don't ever let anyone bully you into thinking this is the case. This is a forum for all opinions and yours is certainly valid.

I'm not being bullied lol. I'm saying it's totally understandable that some people would prefer Heroic Warforged offpieces, since you can't get tier pieces to be Heroic Warforged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Your opinion isn't trash. You just have to weigh the benefits and costs. That idea may seem nice in theory, but in practice, you are gaining faster smites for ten seconds of every minute if you play perfectly and do not have to move at all when you pop SS (btw doesn't always happen this way) and you are giving up a permanent increase to crit for the entire fight that has no positioning requirements or time restraints.

Regardless the point isn't to derail the thread the point is that there are mutliple healer specs with !@#$ty 4 pieces this tier including healers and dps who won't be going for their 4 piece and will be going for better optimized off pieces and that's okay. As long as blizzard made pieces that are better optimized for you.

If they did not, and you have a compelling argument as to why the offset pieces suck, then you have a valid reason to complain and I would help any class complain with them cause that just sucks.

Aka if disc did not have non tier pieces with crit I would have been extremely angry.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I just think it's pretty silly there hasn't been a 4-piece worth anything for 25m Shamans this whole expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I just think it's pretty silly there hasn't been a 4-piece worth anything for 25m Shamans this whole expansion.

Eh, the T15 4pc was at least respectable. I was getting like 2% extra output from it on heavy AoE stacked fights and up to 5% on fights where single target heals were used more often.

The implementation of both the T14 and T16 4pc bonuses have both been a complete fiasco though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/27/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Rapsidy
Regardless the point isn't to derail the thread the point is that there are mutliple healer specs with !@#$ty 4 pieces this tier including healers and dps who won't be going for their 4 piece and will be going for better optimized off pieces and that's okay. As long as blizzard made pieces that are better optimized for you.

See, that is the part that bothers me. Because why even waste the time to create a set bonus that no one will want to use? Why not forego tier gear completely and stop wasting developement time on it? I always saw set bonuses as a pay off for dedication. Something cool that was fun and added some power. And not griping from a resto shaman point of view but any class with a terrible 4 pc.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/27/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's more of a disconnect with the playerbase in general. Disc priest and holy priests said the entire ptr that the 4 piece was horrible for both specs. The holy priest tier is absolutely terrible as well. Increased healing on lol pitiful puddle of shiny uselessness. I'm sure tiberria said the 4 piece was horrible as well during ptr testing and they assured him it was fine and or ignored it. The only reason holy is gonna grab it is because every single piece has spirit and mastery on it.

I think they justified it by saying it provides a choice to not have to go for tier if you don't want it. It's really a stupid justification I agree with you because we SHOULD always want our tier because we should want to strive for gear that gives us a bonus.

But it's at least not this bad this tier and last tier because these are the first tiers that we have the options to have warforged offset pieces to compensate not liking our tier, so maybe they got lazy with design because of the introduction of the forge system?
Edited by Rapsidy on 10/27/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/27/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Harpoa

See, that is the part that bothers me. Because why even waste the time to create a set bonus that no one will want to use? Why not forego tier gear completely and stop wasting developement time on it? I always saw set bonuses as a pay off for dedication. Something cool that was fun and added some power. And not griping from a resto shaman point of view but any class with a terrible 4 pc.

Sometimes I wonder if they make the set bonuses, and then start fiddling with our specs to try to make us WANT the set bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sometimes I wonder if they make the set bonuses, and then start fiddling with our specs to try to make us WANT the set bonus.

Does the 4-piece make you want Sanctuary? ;p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/27/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Ceddya

Does the 4-piece make you want Sanctuary? ;p

No, not really.

But it does make me use it more. It's not like I'm hurting for mana anyway...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
But it does make me use it more. It's not like I'm hurting for mana anyway...

This is it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
TL;DR

Not every set bonus is supposed to be amazing and why would you guys want to pick up pieces that are terribly optimized anyway?

Blizzard sent Shamans a message this tier GET HEROIC WARFORGED PIECES :D

Personally I would be excited about that. Hell it's exactly what I did last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
TL;DR

Not every set bonus is supposed to be amazing and why would you guys want to pick up pieces that are terribly optimized anyway?

Personally I would be excited about that. Hell it's exactly what I did last tier.

Why would that be exciting? Item level is boring, trinkets/set bonuses are supposed to be fun. Our 2-piece this tier is amazingly strong, but it's completely boring because it doesn't change your playstyle/gearing at all. Our 4-piece isn't worth going for until every other player has 4 heroic tier pieces already.

It doesn't seem like too much to ask to want a somewhat interesting tier set.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
TL;DR

Why would that be exciting? Item level is boring, trinkets/set bonuses are supposed to be fun. Our 2-piece this tier is amazingly strong, but it's completely boring because it doesn't change your playstyle/gearing at all. Our 4-piece isn't worth going for until every other player has 4 heroic tier pieces already.

It doesn't seem like too much to ask to want a somewhat interesting tier set.

It is a fun/interesting bonus, people just don't want it because it's a miniscule amount weaker than warforged. If all shamans cared about was fun at the sacrifice of a miniscule gain, they'd use it. Most heroic guilds also gear healers last, so yea..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i used my 4pc last night and it wasn't terrible. get at me haters.

i did miss my 16000 crit rating a little.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]