Holy and haste

90 Blood Elf Priest
I have been playing disc and pretty much not doing much with holy. But.....

I was told basically that hitting 4721 haste is only important if you are gonna glyph renew.

yet when paragon solo healed garrosh there holy priest hit the 13161k haste cap. So the question is how important is haste really for holy? Was this just a gimmick?

Alot of priest that under heal as holy seem to think holy mastery is insane.

Starting heroics next week two healing so i am trying to balance both disc and holy the best i can.
Reply Quote
I'm not entirely sure why they had the 13k haste. I saw that they also had the renew glyph so that seems almost counterintuitive but perhaps they switched in the glyph after their kill or they weren't at such an insane amount of haste? Maybe they just liked having a ton of haste for some faster PoH casts or something but I assume most their healing was renew rolling so I'm also confused about the whole thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Extenuating circumstances of needing a significant amount of renew throughput. Don't worry about it.
Reply Quote
Extenuating circumstances of needing a significant amount of renew throughput. Don't worry about it.

It's just to get them to tick a bit faster even though it doesn't get another tick? I mean I guess I kind of understand that but eh. Normally you might just go with crit for extra renew power but perhaps just having the ticks go a little faster and not be subject to crit RNG was their preference. I guess I understand that and it would indeed just be a gimmick imo.

Edit: Us druids can cheat that type of thing via genesis. For solo healing this I would think a druid might even be preferable but perhaps not. Renew refreshes via cascade would be pretty nice.
Edited by Stratous on 10/7/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's just to get them to tick a bit faster even though it doesn't get another tick? I mean I guess I kind of understand that but eh. Normally you might just go with crit for extra renew power but perhaps just having the ticks go a little faster and not be subject to crit RNG was their preference. I guess I understand that and it would indeed just be a gimmick imo.

Was partially for the breakpoint and partially so they had a fast Heal to refresh Renew on most of the raid.

Go int/crit if you're doing both Holy and Disc in 10m.
Edited by Nixxin on 10/7/2013 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
When you refresh renew in serenity you get the unglyphed (longer) duration but retain the +heal effect from the glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The Lightwell breakpoint is 4717, so I mean, the difference between that and 4721 is just 4 points of Haste.

Also, what Ama said. It's extremely viable in 10 man.
Reply Quote
When you refresh renew in serenity you get the unglyphed (longer) duration but retain the +heal effect from the glyph.

Ah, this answers it then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would assume for raid ToF is still better than DI for holy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the replies BTW. Good stuff to know
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Uh...I'd disagree, but it depends on your raid size, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/07/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Loratabb

You couldn't pay me to take ToF over DI as Holy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Without having seen the logs, I assume he was mostly rolling Renew on the raid with glyphed BH + Cascade while healing the tanks with boosted GH and HW Serenity. When you have that much haste, the HPS gap between casting Renew and casting PoM wouldn't be nearly as big as most mastery stacking Priests; I could easily see living without DI.

Sounds like fun, but regearing full haste / spirit would be truly awful if you plan to keep Disc as your main spec.
Edited by Kashir on 10/7/2013 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'd like to have dudes 20k spirit...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Maintaining a high ToF uptime on a lot of fights is easy with ticks from renew or SW:P. If you are PoH spamming, DI is obviously going to be a strong choice.
Reply Quote
Keep in mind the solo healing priest glyphed lightwell as well and relied heavily on his own raid to help out. His setup is practically designed to one heal that encounter and folks really shouldn't pull a carboncopy of his set up thinking it's "THE WAY".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
egg on my face

i'm still interested in how this build would work in a normal healing environment (my guess is LOL GET SNIPED)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I'd usually agree, but I suppose it depends on the situation. If I'm not using much PoH or GH, then DI is fairly useless.
Edited by Kaels on 10/9/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/09/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Kaels

I'd usually agree, but I suppose it depends on the situation. If I'm not using much PoH or GH, then DI is fairly useless.

Or if PoM just won't freaking work...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]