LFR why the hate?

90 Worgen Druid
I remember when people were begging blizzard to change the loot system and implement a working LFR
Why are the same people who are using flex Crying about LFR when You can separate yourself from the horrors of the pug?

LFR is a joke and is the new heroic dungeons from WoTLK and Cata that used to drop purples but with more people.Why are you trying to take away the pugs only end game content when you and your guild mate/friends can earn higer lv gears and experience the final raids of this expansion?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because they go to LFR thinking that they are so awesome with their new gear they can ignore mechanics and faceroll....then the group wipes...but its not their fault. How could it be, they are awesome...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
There is no rational explanation for it.

This is a community that complained when they gave people the ability to lock their action bars.
Those that wanted it were "Noobs" because they happened to drag an ability icon off their action bar in the heat of battle.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Because they go to LFR thinking that they are so awesome with their new gear they can ignore mechanics and faceroll....then the group wipes...but its not their fault. How could it be, they are awesome...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't like lfr, I think it is bad content and it's not really possible to make it compelling content because fundamentally they are taking content which is made difficult by coordination, and trying to remove the coordination requirements.

That'll never result in very engaging content. On the other hand, the reward structure gets people into the raids, which lets them justify investing in raid content, but from a participant perspective/design perspective, I think it's just not very good content.

I feel the same way about random battlegrounds, which have nearly the same set of problems in terms of engaging the player base. This sort of content lives or dies based entirely on the reward structure in place.

There's no good solution though, other than making content less based on group coordination and more based on individual performance. In that case, I think scaling it down for lfr would make for a more engaging experience, but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

I don't mind lfr players getting rewarded, seeing content, or any of the typical anti-lfr reasoning.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
The other side of the story:
Raiders really though LFR would fill their ranks, and were also hoping to keep their 25man pugs for better than 10 man gear.

Sorry guys, but none of those happened, and it is not entirely on the LFR community, after all LFR was just implemented in Dragn Soul.

At least we deal knowingly and willingly with our lack of skill, and keep trying.
You guys run for your lives and wonder why nobody would join your pugs...seriously.

Enjoy your play style, we are doing fine enjoying ours.
fundamentally they are taking content which is made difficult by coordination, and trying to remove the coordination requirements.

Completely agree with you on that. But there is a reason for it mentioned above.
Edited by Soulden on 10/4/2013 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
There is no rational explanation for it.

This is a community that complained when they gave people the ability to lock their action bars.
Those that wanted it were "Noobs" because they happened to drag an ability icon off their action bar in the heat of battle.

It's really funny to see people make up stuff like this (or buy into obvious trolling from years ago) just to insult people who don't like LFR. Same with the "bad Flex players are wiping LFR groups" post above. Who do you think you're kidding?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Deleted.
Meant to edit my post, not quote mine and someone else's
Edited by Soulden on 10/4/2013 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
AFK

nuff said
Reply Quote
Community Manager
One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways. We're all guilty of this behavior. There are also brain-chemical reasons that exist to help us form tighter bonds with those like us (safety in numbers), but be antagonistic against those not like us (self preservation). We all do this to some degree every day.

So, in short: the internet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Completely agree with you on that. But there is a reason for it mentioned above.

Well, it's the most practical approach, without changing how raid content is designed entirely. Content reuse lets them justify investments in that content and it provides a larger progression chain.

lfr raiders can progress to normal modes (or flex now, I guess) just as normal can progress into heroic which is really important when you're talking about tiers lasting 6 months or more.

I'm not upset lfr exists, I just think raid encounters where coordination is removed just aren't very fun content. There's no real solution though, and content which isn't all that great is okay, they can get people to run it with the correct reward structure since in a mmorpg reward structures trump engaging content usually.

So on one hand, I think lfr is bad content, but on the other hand I think it's very necessary content and blizzard is probably doing the best they can with what they have to extend the content as much as they can to at least make it to the next tier (or at least the next tier's ptr).

I'm not living in some fantasy world where I think lfr will be (or even should be) removed from the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways. We're all guilty of this behavior. There are also brain-chemical reasons that exist to help us form tighter bonds with those like us (safety in numbers), but be antagonistic against those not like us (self preservation). We all do this to some degree every day.

Why can't I like your post? I want to like it over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I am sure there is scientific backing proving this correct.

XD
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior

The Internet is our brains?

Ok, maybe Google.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Bashiok

So wise. So insightful. So much truth. And so funny.
Reply Quote

This Gnome wants to like this post... but he cant find the like button. So I shall copy and paste and say:

LIKED!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/04/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Milsa
I am sure there is scientific backing proving this correct.

XD

It's the same theory that supports the penny arcade internet jerkwad theory.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/04/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Crepe

Ok, maybe Google.

We have search engines in our heads?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

got that right. Plus, people are dumb as posts when it comes to optimism about themselves and their place in the world too. They can actually put people in PET scanners and watch parts of their brain turn off.
Edited by Magnata on 10/4/2013 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
10/04/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Grindcore

Ok, maybe Google.

We have search engines in our heads?

Yep! But they're only allowed to search for things you already know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]