Trouble in the Timeless Isle

90 Human Paladin
First off, this is the first time I've ever been at lvl 90 (yay!) so I'm a bit noobish when it comes to end-game stuff. The problem is I cant kill ANYTHING in the Timeless Isle, I can manage 1 or 2 lvl 91's and BARELY take on a lvl 91 elite tiger, but nothing else. I know I'm vastly undergeared but I have got a few items from the isle. Sad thing is I look on and see hunters, shamans, locks and even mages taking out what I would not be able to defeat with ease. I could try switching to my Protection offspec but that's even more ungergeared (in terms of the sword and shield). Not to mention I tried taking out some rares in the wild and valley as prot and I cant weather them out due to my terrible heals. Should I even bother with the Timeless Isle, or should I stick to heroics and scenarios for now? Sucks, that I would have to "gear up" just to gear up......

i HAVE FAILED THE LIGHT OF DAWN! *sniff* T-T
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Every fresh face that goes there, that isn't already somewhat geared, get's "roflstomped".
My hunter did, my mage did, and we won't even discuss the horrid things it did to my monk...

Find a running partner for a bit, or run with all the people going the same way. (EDIT=for the rares)
Luckily, I did take the other three there and was able to get some of the plate BoAs for when this guy needs to go there...
Edited by Amerik on 10/4/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if you cant kill anything...like was said above, group up, or run around and gather chests for tokens
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
we won't even discuss the horrid things it did to my monk...

no - no - I really think we should. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
For the rare elites just tag them and let the others kill them. Also and I cant stress this enough go get the chests that are all over the place. You can google a map to find them. You can also get just about a full set of gear out of them upgrade them and do some raids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I found one hidden chest, and I know of another but I cant get past the dang ropes! It sure is nice to just jump into a fight with a rare though. I did get a few nice armor drops from elites, but this place is unforgiving. I should probably look for more of those hidden chests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
on a side note, my account is evidently locked now, and I cant verify my info. I guess I tried too many times and have to contact Blizzard, who then redirects me to the damn recovery page which I cant use right now! Why cant I just send an email or call them? those ticket things dont work! ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you can, get some of the new crafted PvP gear. It's ilevel 476, which can help over your ilevel 420-450 gear. Just don't spend too much on it. Best bet is to find a guildie who can help and mine up the ghost iron yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not a bad idea, I can easily mine Ghost iron. I COULD make it myself, but thats a hell of a smithy grind.
Reply Quote
Pssst Op <.< >.>

How to get a Burden.

Buy the glider from the panda child vendor on Timeless Isle

Attack an albatross to get him to pick you up.

As he carries you up and around the Ordos Sanctuary you will notice a high rock outcropping in the Northwest corner, you will see two guardians and the guaranteed Burden chest off to your left.

Attack your albatross when you are over the outcropping to get him to drop you on it.

Once on the outcropping jump and activate the glider, head towards the courtyard with the chest. Hit the wall directly over the chest in the middle of the two guardians, it usually requires one loop to get low enough. You will not aggro the guardians if you are in the center of them.

Loot the chest.

Run for your life using every defensive CD you have as you aggro the entire courtyard. Run out the entrance and jump off the cliff if you haven't died by then. Use the glider again and glide to safety.

Do it soon, because now that it's been posted Blizzard will change it.

Oh and if you're an engineer you don't need to buy the glider, you have one.

also if your undergeared and have trouble killing the albatross you can dps him down and stop and he will start to fly again, so you can dps him down stop then dps him when he's over the spot you want.

edit: also don't upgrade 496 gear, save your valor for 535 burden gear or Shado-pan assault gear. Also you can get another 496 trinket and ring from Shieldwall Offensive quartermaster for justice points.
Edited by Querk on 10/5/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ash I know it's tough on Timeless Isle. I got friends who aren't even going to go there till they get an ilvl of 500 +. As others have suggested, you're just gonna have to persevere and gear up. Running in groups with people (preferably geared) will help too

One thing I would add is that you be sure take advantage of the many buffs available to you on the island

http://www.icy-veins.com/timeless-isle-wow#buffs

They are a must imo for running Timeless Isle. You will find they make a helpful difference to you

And don't forget other off-island buffs eg food, flasks, and class

btw Being well geared (comparatively) is no guarantee of safe passage on Timeless Isle lol. You can't go to sleep on the mobs there. You can still find yourself rezzing if you make a mistake which is easier to do than you might think

Grats on 90 btw! :)
Edited by Jederos on 10/6/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pssst Op <.< >.>

How to get a Burden.

Buy the glider from the panda child vendor on Timeless Isle

Attack an albatross to get him to pick you up.

As he carries you up and around the Ordos Sanctuary you will notice a high rock outcropping in the Northwest corner, you will see two guardians and the guaranteed Burden chest off to your left.

Attack your albatross when you are over the outcropping to get him to drop you on it.

Once on the outcropping jump and activate the glider, head towards the courtyard with the chest. Hit the wall directly over the chest in the middle of the two guardians, it usually requires one loop to get low enough. You will not aggro the guardians if you are in the center of them.

Any class with a fall break can just take a water mount north of the island far enough to leave the no-fly zone, fly up and over the sanctuary and just drop. For classes like a warrior or rogue you aim for the big elementals by the chest and charge/step them. Paladins can just go wherever. Run back around from the graveyard and res up against the wall behind the chest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]