Thok's healing trinket

90 Undead Mage
Does this go for EVERY heal that is put out?
Like, ticks of a HoT even...?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yes, it has a chance to proc on all healing events including HoT ticks. The only things it will not proc off are heals by "pets" like water totems, Guardian of Ancient Kings, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To be honest, seems great for HoT healers. I have it on this Druid.

I don't want it on my Disc Priest though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
That brings me to my next question.

For atonement and DoC healers: What is the consensus on using Prismatic Prison of Pride + Purified Bindings of Immerseus versus using Prismatic Prison of Pride + Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth / Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia?

First first gives you the double amplification while the second gives you only one amplification + extra heals.
Edited by Tealoe on 10/13/2013 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That brings me to my next question.

For atonement and DoC healers: What is the consensus on using Prismatic Prison of Pride + Purified Bindings of Immerseus versus using Prismatic Prison of Pride + Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth / Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia?

First first gives you the double amplification while the second gives you only one amplification + extra heals.

Personally, I don't see the point in using Thok's or Nazgrim's trinket. Disc doesn't have large healers in general, because of our crit mechanics, thus making Nazgrim's trinket rather undesirable, not to mention its low proc rate. Thok's trinket has a decent proc rate, but the cleave doesn't proc DA, which makes it a lot less useful for disc.

Personally, I prefer double amp trinkets, given how well the amp interacts with mastery and crit, but you have to get lucky and coin one, most likely, so I would pick up a Samoplange in the mean time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I seem to get WILDLY different results on a fight to fight or even attempt to attempt basis. I know it's at least partly due to the mechanics of monk healing and the high potential to overheal, but sometimes it's frustrating to go from "that's a decent chunk of healing" to "is it even equipped?" from one attempt to the next.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Don't think i'd use it as disc but all the other healing specs can get decent use out of it as far as i can tell.

And it does swing in crazy directions. Seen it from 4% of my healing down to sub 1%.

Pretty sure i will stick with my trinket combo for the duration of the tier, Thok's/HLG.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't touch the cleave or multistrike trinket for disc. Ever. They will not redistribute or cleave crit heals even if they proc from crit heals it will register as a non crit heal and it will not spread DA around to new targets to compensate.

Personally I will be aiming for heroic purified bindings from a token even if you cannot proc the int and heroic prismatic pride but the siegecrafter trinket would be my third choice till I got those two.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Personally I will be aiming for heroic purified bindings from a token even if you cannot proc the int and heroic prismatic pride but the siegecrafter trinket would be my third choice till I got those two.

Yup this. And I'd still resolve myself to running each week for a heroic Cha ye when I can get a group.

Even Cha Ye and Horridon's is more desirable than the cleave trinkets this tier imho.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Its very bad trinket for all healers .. if it proc from hot tick its gg,Sha of Pride trinket and Blackfuse one are the best.

Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity
Prismatic Prison of Pride
Edited by Artoff on 10/14/2013 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Norushen trinket

Of course, the trinket that doesn't exist is on the list.

EDIT: Looks like you fixed your thing.
Edited by Night on 10/14/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Its very bad trinket for all healers .. if it proc from hot tick its gg,Sha of Pride trinket and Blackfuse one are the best.

Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity
Prismatic Prison of Pride

I am going to disagree that it is very bad. It is very strong, at least for Mistweavers, Resto Druids and Resto Shaman. It contributes 4% - 10% additional output across all fights for me, with fights like H Siegecrafter at the 4% end and fights like Thok at the 10% end. That is extremely powerful, and by my calculations (for Resto Shaman), it would only need to add 3.5% output before it starts to pull ahead of Dysmorphic Samophlange in terms of the value of the itemization.

It's even better for Druids and Mistweavers than Shaman, because it doesn't proc off water totem healing. However, even without that, 4% to 10% extra output at 75%-90% overhealing is very overpowered for a trinket.

Prismatic Prison of Pride/Thok's Acid Grooved Tooth are likely the Resto Shaman BiS - at least in 25 man (in 10 man the cleave proc may be quite a bit weaker).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is what I am doing:

On my druid I am going to use Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity + Thok's Acid Grooved Tooth

On my disc priest I am going to use Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity + Prismatic Prison of Pride

I like a static int. trinket with some type of regen to it. Not using a regen trinket at all seems like a bad idea, unless you had enough spirit to support that.

And my reasons for the other trinkets is Thok's procs pretty good on my Druid. but I took the Prismatic one on my disc priest as it can increase crit damage/healing, and all I do is smite so I go for whatever helps my damage. Also why I want static. int on my disc priest.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think to some extent, comp + meta gem optimal use for disc negates some need for a regen trinket. It's also fight dependent.

I'm drowning in spirit in my eyes, and if I gave up HLG in favor of a throughput trinket, it might actually make me have to manage my mana a bit better. The meta, to some extent, is cheesable, when you get gain rapture for free during procs. Does this always line up? No, but it's still a % of free mana back per fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Personally, I prefer double amp trinkets

I've heard someone saying the amp trinkets don't stack, and the dps amp trinket doesn't proc on Disc damaging spells that can heal via atonement. Is that true?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/14/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Jesminia
Personally, I prefer double amp trinkets

I've heard someone saying the amp trinkets don't stack, and the dps amp trinket doesn't proc on Disc damaging spells that can heal via atonement. Is that true?

The % gain to haste, mastery, spirit and crit healing does stack with multiple amp trinkets equipped. However, the INT proc will not proc if you have the caster DPS amp trinket equipped in any healing spec - it is hard coded to only proc for people of the appropriate spec.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think to some extent, comp + meta gem optimal use for disc negates some need for a regen trinket. It's also fight dependent.

I'm drowning in spirit in my eyes, and if I gave up HLG in favor of a throughput trinket, it might actually make me have to manage my mana a bit better. The meta, to some extent, is cheesable, when you get gain rapture for free during procs. Does this always line up? No, but it's still a % of free mana back per fight.

You can also just review logs, figure out what the Spirit value of Horridon's Last Grasp is for you. For me, the 543 version was worth about 1250 mp5 on average, which is about 2300 Spirit. You can just then reforge/regem into an additional 2300 Spirit when you replace the Horridon trinket to get yourself to the same position in terms of regen. You would then have to decide if the 2300 extra stats you have to dump into Spirit to use a throughput trinket are an upgrade or not.

Doing it that way would actually be more reliable anyway, because HLG is notorious for being very RNG in terms of its mana gains. You can easily see fights where it gives 50% of its average regen and fights where it gives 200%, which is hard to gear around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The % gain to haste, mastery, spirit and crit healing does stack with multiple amp trinkets equipped. However, the INT proc will not proc if you have the caster DPS amp trinket equipped in any healing spec - it is hard coded to only proc for people of the appropriate spec.

It procs for mistweavers via fistweaving like jab/ect, my guess is that the raid has to actually decide to give it to the mistweaver or the mistweaver has to win it in a need greed situation instead of the disc priest who can simply coin it by switching their loot specialization to shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
You can also just review logs, figure out what the Spirit value of Horridon's Last Grasp is for you. For me, the 543 version was worth about 1250 mp5 on average, which is about 2300 Spirit.

I think quite a few people are running too high on spirit as it is though. So the individual worth of this may very. To those running at the bare minimum who actually take advantage of the gains from HLG, this is very sound reasoning.

I see an alarming amount of disc priests with 12-14k+ spirit. The idea of them THEN reforging back into 2000-2300 spirit frightens me. I guess the tl;dr is that your methodology is solid -- assuming every priest who wants to run double amp is already playing at that level.
Edited by Naér on 10/14/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/14/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Rapsidy

It procs for mistweavers via fistweaving like jab/ect, my guess is that the raid has to actually decide to give it to the mistweaver or the mistweaver has to win it in a need greed situation instead of the disc priest who can simply coin it by switching their loot specialization to shadow.

Mistweavers get such huge gains (upwards of 10% in a lot of cases) from the cleave trinket that them getting a second amp trinket is kind of a moot point. There is no real reason why they would want to use double amp over just getting the healer amp trinket + Thok's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]