Lack of tanks for LFR

90 Gnome Warlock
In 3rd LFR group now, tanks leave after every boss, group wait for 15-20min for next one to join. Several time the group just fell apart when the wait goes beyond 20min. Need to give tanks more incentive to queue, maybe and extra roll on loot even if they dont have token.

Yes, I know it's later in the week and there's slim picking to be expect but to not be able to come any raid is getting frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Personally, I don't plan on doing LFR anymore. Some of the oQueue flex raids are bad enough. Sorry, I know it sucks for y'all. If you were horde and needed a favor, I'd lend my battletag.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
tanks and heals get satchel on lfr now
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Don't look at me, just got done doing a full day of LFRs. Sorry to anyone that had the misfortune of having to heal me.

tanks and heals get satchel on lfr now

No one cares about the Satchel.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Weekend LFR have been rough since LFR was created.

And screw the damn satchel. Useless crap anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Up that satchel gold by x100 and give two drops of useful goodies.

Gives the same gold now as it did in cata, needs to keep up with inflation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I have a level 90 Paladin. I used to tank with him leveling in dungeons. I wasn't great, but I didn't absolutely suck either. I will NEVER tank LFR. Why? Because of the abuse. It's just not fun to make a single mistake and then be harassed by some jerk until he somehow convinces the raid to kick you.

No thanks.

If you can figure out a way to fix the community, you'd get more tanks back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I tank eAch week lfr and Bc I often enter partially complete runs I may leave after 1 or 2nd boss Bc I've done the rest already. I think it's quite common
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've never left a group Bc of wiping or bad players though, never.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Frostyk
I may leave after 1 or 2nd boss Bc I've done the rest already.

I think it's quite common

It is common, that's the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I hang in there and complete them no matter what, let's just say I really really understand spoils in lfr now lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Why? Because of the abuse.

The abuse is a lie.

Tank abuse levels aren't higher or lower than any other role abuse.

Heck, in all 5 LFRs I did today, no one ever mentionned anything about my very poorly geared Goblin, that was probably very squishy as I have yet to figure out how to build enough rage for Shield Block, and just end up using Barrier all the time instead.

They even, *gasp*, trusted me as I explained fights and marked stuff.
Edited by Pluxxy on 10/13/2013 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I've never had anyone complain about me, I'm stint at over 1million buffed with no determination though (I know I could change some stuff) hit will be right b4 soo on tues
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I've never had anyone complain about me, I'm stint at over 1million buffed with no determination though (I know I could change some stuff) hit will be right b4 soo on tues

See, I'm barely above 500k and they still kept their mouth shuts. Of course, might just be that I macro'ed /giggle to some abilities and it leaves people annoyed and speechless at the same time at the level of hilarity from a small Goblin holding up a shield the size of a tauren and giggling at monsters 500x her size.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
In LFR (note: this is just my opinion/PoV, of course):

When I queue on my DPS: If I screw up, there's 16 other people to pick up the slack. If I die, it's basically a nonissue. There's no pressure major as DPS. As long as you more or less do something you're invisible.

When I queue on my Healer: If I screw up, there's 5 other people to pick up the slack. A little more pressure, but I mostly ignore everything and play whack-a-mole with health bars. Not every fight, mind you, but you can barely pay attention and keep people alive. Also, unless everyone's dieing left and right, no one checks healing metres (and even if people are, they just blame DPS). You aren't invisible, but you're more invisible than...

Tanks: If I screw up, there is one other person to pick up the slack. On some fights if I screw up it either means a wipe or a really messy kill. People will kick you for anything, too, since you're one of two people and it's easy to monitor both tanks rather than 17 DPS.

Tanks don't really have a difficult job imo, but they have the problem of being singled out easily and no one to back them up if something happens. It makes it stressful to run LFR, especially as a new tank. There are 5-6 new DPS in every LFR (or, at least, alts). New tanks are relatively rare and if they mention being new or they ask for advice, they get kicked. Most people in LFR just want to get in and get out, not deal with new tanks learning.

Why would I subject myself to that stress if I can see the content as DPS or heals and not deal with it?

That's why there's a lack of tanks in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So in Gates, 2nd boss, after a 20mins wait got ourselves a warrior tank, 1 min into fight 2 ppls died the warrior yell "bye noob, you all sucks.", wiped, other tank left and a couple healers. Now it's 15mins in queue. shoot me now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I remember the time I wanted to learn "tanking", I had never been yelled at so often and so hard by DPS. Why tank pugs when i can tank a guild, get better gear and NOT get yelled at.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/13/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Eilinel
Tanks: If I screw up, there is one other person to pick up the slack. On some fights if I screw up it either means a wipe or a really messy kill.

You're mistaking LFR for content where mistakes cause wipes or messy kills. Heck, in LFR, tanking mistakes usually result in nothing at all. If we had wiped because of shoddy co-tanks I got in the past in LFR, I wouldn't have completed 95% of the runs I have.

As it is, you can have totally brain dead tanks and still get it done mostly, if one happens to drool with enough pressure on their taunt key at one point in the fight.

LFR is a very tank stress free environnement. Heck, on Pluxxy there earlier, I was facerolling the keyboard. Warrior GCD is slow, rage doesn't build up fast enough... only fun part is Charge with double time and Heroic Leap.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
That's what you get for running LFR at the end of a lockout cycle. For better results, run LFR early in the lockout cycle (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]