A Missed Dispel

90 Troll Druid
If there is a debuff on someone: you and another person dispel that person at the same time. Their dispel gets off, and your dispel is "missed", causing your dispel to go into a GCD and mana is wasted.

Normal GCD is 1.5 seconds. But when your 'missed' dispel goes on GCD, as a healer, does that GCD get increased in any way?

When my dispels go on GCD after a 'missed' dispel, I feel the GCD on the ability for me to dispel again is increased, longer than 1.5 seconds. Is this true? Or all in my head?

Does cleanse GCD get affected by haste?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It isn't longer than 1.5 seconds.

It's intentional that you lose the mana even if you don't get the dispel off.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Maybe it just feels like 3 seconds to me, because when I miss a dispel on someone because it's sniped, and then my skills and cleanse go on GCD, and then I am able to cast 1 spell in the time that it's still on CD, and then I am able to dispel someone again. So maybe that's where I'm generating the feels from.

But I am still wondering, is cleanse affected by Haste? Or is it a flat 1.5 seconds still, regardless?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Interesting question. My haste is abyssmal and a missed dispel takes about that long spamming my keybind hoping it goes through on the next target. Miss a second and Im wasting a big heal in cast time just trying to cleanse.

Not that I would ever go into more haste for a dispel....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Maybe it just feels like 3 seconds to me, because when I miss a dispel on someone because it's sniped, and then my skills and cleanse go on GCD, and then I am able to cast 1 spell in the time that it's still on CD, and then I am able to dispel someone again. So maybe that's where I'm generating the feels from.

But I am still wondering, is cleanse affected by Haste? Or is it a flat 1.5 seconds still, regardless?

As far as I know, your GCD is determined by Haste, but will never drop below 1 second.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It isn't longer than 1.5 seconds.

It's intentional that you lose the mana even if you don't get the dispel off.

As far as I know, your GCD is determined by Haste, but will never drop below 1 second.

This.

It is kind of annoying though. It would be nice if a missed cleanse would reset the GCD for cleanse D:
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's in your head.

To prevent this, you and your healing partners can pre-arrange some sort of system to ensure that everyone knows exactly who they will be responsible for decursing at any given time. That way no one has to miss a GCD.

However, I like seeing if I can "win" the decurse game.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's in your head.

To prevent this, you and your healing partners can pre-arrange some sort of system to ensure that everyone knows exactly who they will be responsible for decursing at any given time. That way no one has to miss a GCD.

However, I like seeing if I can "win" the decurse game.

We are all pretty on-par with the dispels. All three of us can get someone within a half or quarter of a second. Which is the problem! LOL

And then, my cleanse goes on GCD, and I'm stuck not being able to dispel someone else for x seconds (in my head it feels like forever). And I waste more mana than a rejuv costs... for nada. :(

Well, thanks for the answers, folks. I don't think haste affects cleanse GCD. I watched and counted very heavily on Decursive and I believe it was still a regular GCD. Which, I guess, in a heavy-aoe raid damage intense fight where dispels are necessary, that 1.5 seconds feels like forever. :(
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
The way I used to do it, I went reverse alphabetically and my co-healer went alphabetically and we each dispelled the first person on our list.
Edited by Chrysippus on 10/9/2013 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]