Upcoming "The Crowd Chose You" Hotfix

96 Orc Warrior
10/13/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Gohbhealer
healer i have no chance to kill them...

When a healers Protection dies you are just supposed to die. You are a support class.

10/13/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Gohbhealer
What i dont understand is why not just increase the damage done by the same amount instead of reduce healing?

Because Healing is broken and needs to be Reworked. All healers need to be fixed so this is to fix the issue with Healers. At least until something major is done.
90 Human Paladin
Let me tell you bliz how you can fix the whole arena problem while making everyone happy and hopefully getting rid of ties.
You need to add in Arena items that become usable after 10mins giving you a buff like you already stated above. What I think your best play tho to do is make 5 different items or around that number and let the player choose which item he or she would like(maybe these are items you win when you hit 100 rating 300rating 500rating 1000rating 1200 rating just to give new players something to smile about).
Of course these items would need to be on a same cooldown but the player should be able to pick which one they wish to use
Examples of buffs these items could give are
All attacks put a reduced speed buff on enemy targets (cannot be removed) 50%
Crit chance increased by 40%
All damage increased by 20%
Spell hast increased by 50%
Immune to interrupts but 50%reduced healing
Attacks slow casting speed by 50% cannot be removed
Immune to stunes fears and charms
Become "unstoppable" immune to any CC or slows but take 50% increased damage
Attacks cause target unable to stealth or invis(forced to pick between slow and this verse like rogues)

The examples I have given are not great, that much is understood but the idea is not a bad one and would be effective and gives the players more of a choice as well as takes away from the double rogue , double blood scares if you select the right one to use.

Please someone perfect this drunken midnight idea and submit it to blizz.
96 Orc Warrior
10/14/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Cbear
Let me tell you bliz how you can fix the whole arena problem while making everyone happy and hopefully getting rid of ties.

If you balance PvP then matches won't last 15 minutes you understand that right. Fix Healers and CC /problem solved
We're going to take another look at Necrotic Strike's healing absorb and whether or not we feel it should be affected by Dampening. We get that the absorb is the bulk of the ability's "damage", but there is still some concern that it would be too strong. We're also discussing double Rogue.

What's the issue with double Rogues?

Aren't there crystals that let you see stealthed players?
90 Human Paladin
Aren't there crystals that let you see stealthed players?

Yes but with the current rogue speed boost good luck catching them. not counting the fact that they get vanish back before those crystals come back. if those cystals allowed you to attack through pillars it would be better but currently a rogue can move faster than your mount while stealthed.
90 Night Elf Priest
10/14/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Abombanation
healer i have no chance to kill them...

When a healers Protection dies you are just supposed to die. You are a support class.

What i dont understand is why not just increase the damage done by the same amount instead of reduce healing?

Because Healing is broken and needs to be Reworked. All healers need to be fixed so this is to fix the issue with Healers. At least until something major is done.

...the issue is the reduction to healing doesnt help it just makes it so i Dps less and heal more prolonging the game further. If you give me a DPS buff instead of reducing my healing it encourages me to DPS more which will give more openings for the opposing team.

Healing is not OP at all, Put two healers in a arena match see how many wins they get... The issue isnt the healing in the game its the complexity they are creating by attempting to balance. I would say less then 10% of the game knows how to use all their main classes abilities correctly with less then 5% being properly specced and geared. I hate when i see people saying healing is OP when every class has ways to CC healers, just because you dont use them right doesnt make healing OP. the idea behind healing in the first place is its supposed to outpace the damage being done so that people are forced to actually fight them instead of just trying to tank and spank the healers partner.
100 Human Death Knight
I think they should remove the entire TCCY system which they're doing and just put it at a tie. Both teams should receive half points so 90 (unless a person is capped) no rating will be lost and no rating will be gained. Or for TCCY not a super buff to where a dot can do 100k damage no crit but instead a buff of 20-30% increased damage for the winning team, and the losing team has 20-30% reduced healing received. You can still come back but it will be way more difficult and it will not be based of a random 1 shot but instead just an increase in damage. The only major flaw with part 2 is if the winning team saves cds just so they can do their insane burst damage with an extra 20-30% increased damage.
90 Human Priest
Queing double healer from now on GG
90 Undead Priest

You're a warrior. If you can't kill healers then its L2P.
90 Night Elf Hunter
why dont you just take it out entirely...having any kind of buff/debuff in arena is completely unnecessary. Its supposed to be about a players skill level if you cant kill a team then getting a buff or a debuff that suddenly allows you to overcome them isnt the answer to the problem its just creating an entirely new set of problems. IF the game ends in a tie so be it thats part of the nature of the game. Either split the points or dont award them but giving one team and unfair advantage isnt the answer
Community Manager
Quick update: several of you have expressed a concern about stealth teams staying hidden until late in the game, when Dampening starts to stack. This would require them to grab Shadow Sight orbs as much as possible, which would be tricky but is actually possible (particularly with mechanics like Vanish).

We're not totally sure it would be a problem, as it would require quite a bit of skill and more than a little luck to pull off, but we do see the concern and want to avoid promoting that sort of behavior. So, when the Dampening change goes in, we'll also be changing the Shadow Sight debuff to prevent the player who picks up the orb from using stealth mechanics while it's active. That will also include abilities like Vanish or Shadowmeld.
100 Orc Warlock
Quick update: several of you have expressed a concern about stealth teams staying hidden until late in the game, when Dampening starts to stack. This would require them to grab Shadow Sight orbs as much as possible, which would be tricky but is actually possible (particularly with mechanics like Vanish).

We're not totally sure it would be a problem, as it would require quite a bit of skill and more than a little luck to pull off, but we do see the concern and want to avoid promoting that sort of behavior. So, when the Dampening change goes in, we'll also be changing the Shadow Sight debuff to prevent the player who picks up the orb from using stealth mechanics while it's active. That will also include abilities like Vanish or Shadowmeld.

Awesome news. Nothing more annoying than two stealth classes trolling for 15 minutes in 2v2
88 Human Rogue

Have you looked into how much this is even an issue now a rogue can never use the sight buff ever because it will be a uncloakable faerie fire. Great change for some complaining bads have you looked at rogue rep in 2's is this even really an issue? If this was a real issue where are all the double rogue teams at abusing this?

I only care because something retarded is going affect normal game play.
90 Orc Shaman

Have you looked into how much this is even an issue now a rogue can never use the sight buff ever because it will be a uncloakable faerie fire. Great change for some complaining bads have you looked at rogue rep in 2's is this even really an issue? If this was a real issue where are all the double rogue teams at abusing this?

I only care because something retarded is going affect normal game play.

Be lucky you can stay n stealth for so long as is, if I had it my way, rogues and ferals would only be able to hide for 8-10 secs at a time like in Guild Wars 2 and other MMOs.
80 Gnome Death Knight
Be lucky you can stay n stealth for so long as is, if I had it my way, rogues and ferals would only be able to hide for 8-10 secs at a time like in Guild Wars 2 and other MMOs.

This! I really wish they would change stealth in arena. Or at least disable shroud for rated play.
90 Human Death Knight
Have you looked into how much this is even an issue now a rogue can never use the sight buff ever because it will be a uncloakable faerie fire. Great change for some complaining bads have you looked at rogue rep in 2's is this even really an issue? If this was a real issue where are all the double rogue teams at abusing this?I only care because something retarded is going affect normal game play.

I don't even see how it is a problem anyways if your playing double rogue your probably not gonna get very far right now as it is and that's what this change is trying to avoid- the unstoppableness of a gimmick comp. Even if it does break your stealth you MOST LIKELY wont be double rogueing it up in 2's anyways and if its in 3's your for sure not gonna have 3 on the team, so just have your team mate pick it up.
90 Human Hunter
10/15/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Whatevas

This! I really wish they would change stealth in arena. Or at least disable shroud for rated play.

Shroud makes Rogue/Anything crazy good in 2s. Sort of annoying imo.
90 Orc Rogue
So let me get this straight if I get feared on to the eyes I cant vanish?

Wow excellent change!
90 Draenei Monk
So let me get this straight if I get feared on to the eyes I cant vanish?

Wow excellent change!

Make orbs clickable.
Fixt.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]