Upcoming "The Crowd Chose You" Hotfix

90 Tauren Druid
Healing is generally what seems to make the matches go on for longer than anyone cared for. We will just have to see what happens.

Because only DPS should be allowed in arenas and matches should take no more then 60 seconds. /sarcasmoff

I don't arena anymore and debuffs like this won't entice me to return. A double heals team has 0 chance of killing anything. It wins by outlasting, which has now been deemed an illegal play style. Maybe DPS should lose all their CC and interrupts after 10m to even this out.
90 Night Elf Druid
Just another absurd change by blizzard. Guess what? Now the best healer wins, which mean MW monks and rdruids will suffer a lot to keep their team mates alive.

Hey blizz devs, why don't you guys just copy arena-tournament ideas? They have much better ideas and they really know how to implement changes in pvp.
Community Manager
10/10/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Helennë
Necrotic Strike + Dampening = GG...

Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect will be reduced at the same rate.

10/10/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Xamos
How does this address the double Blood DK issue again?

This change isn't targeted specifically at Blood. As I mentioned before, one of our goals with the changes in 5.4 was to avoid heavily influencing player behavior. The Crowd Chose You has a strong affect on Arena gameplay in all brackets, across a wide spectrum of compositions, not just Blood DK in 2v2. We're going to fix Blood (and we're discussing how exactly to do that), but we don't want to balance the entire Arena system around it.
Edited by Lore on 10/10/2013 12:45 PM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
Change in the right direction. Definitely better than the current iteration of TCCY.

I think the main issue many people seem to forget is that this change is to help resolve the problem of the negative style of play that is plaguing 2v2 right now.

2v2 has not been the bracket for balance in forever. Certain comps always seem to have an edge from patch to patch. So I don't know why people are whining about X or Y being OP with this buff, 2's has always been like this.

If this alleviates the 'turtle' style of play that is making 2's even less enjoyable, then I'm all for that.

*edit* Although I really think this buff should only apply in 2's. 10 mins for a 3v3 match means this buff will be up much more frequently than the 15 min TCCY buff, i'm not sure these arena buffs are needed in 3's, those matches should just play out until a time out imo.
Edited by Skuuy on 10/10/2013 12:52 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
Double rogue team strat against healer teams:

Step 1: Hide for 13min
Step 2: open up and win.

There are so many other problems with this idea. As said, damage mitigation abilities (not absorbs) of other classes will give them a massive advantage over classes that heal instead.

Instead of this new change, the simplest would be at 10minutes, reduce all players maximum health by 1% per 10 seconds. Actually, I would start this at 5 minutes.
100 Undead Warlock
So I don't know why people are whining about X or Y being OP with this buff, 2's has always been like this.

90% of people do 2's for Conquest Points capping.

If you're facing too many FOTM and their perfect partner (like Warrior and any healer), you're gonna have a bad time.

If in normal conditions (even with unbalance) you'd take Y amount of time to cap Conquest Points, now it's taking 3xY amount of time to get the damn cap.

As I've posted in Arena forums, yesterday I've got 8 Warriors in a row doing 2's, and most of them had a healer partner.

That's ridiculous and only a waste of my time, specially with their overpowered Berserker Rage (30s trinket to counter Warlock/Spriest main form of CC).

2's are currently frustrating if you're going double DPS facing FOTM retads.
Community Manager
We disagree. Matches with double DPS comps rarely (if ever) last long enough for either The Crowd Chose You or the new Dampening mechanic to even become a factor. It'll take a full 10 minutes before Dampening even begins to stack.

:-\ That's why it favors Double DPS. :-\

I'm not sure I follow. Looking specifically at the 2v2 bracket, matches where either team is running double DPS typically end before the 5 minute mark. They sometimes go longer, but almost never to 10 minutes. The games that do involve Blood DK's, which as I mentioned a few moments ago, we're looking to make additional changes to.

So, under normal circumstances, the only matches that will realistically be affected by this are Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS, in which case both healers are being affected equally. Matches between double DPS and Healer/DPS or another double DPS team are completely unaffected.
Edited by Lore on 10/10/2013 12:58 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/10/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Lore

:-\ That's why it favors Double DPS. :-\

I'm not sure I follow. Looking specifically at the 2v2 bracket, matches where either team is running double DPS typically end before the 5 minute mark. They sometimes go longer, but almost never to 10 minutes. The games that do involve Blood DK's, which as I mentioned a few moments ago, we're looking to make additional changes to.

So, under normal circumstances, the only matches that will realistically be affected by this are Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS, in which case both healers are being affected equally. Matches between double DPS and Healer/DPS or another double DPS team are completely unaffected.

Can you please comment on double rogue dps against healer teams. i.e. hide for 13min then come out and win?
100 Orc Rogue
Can you please comment on double rogue dps against healer teams. i.e. hide for 13min then come out and win?

if you cant use eyes to find people in 13 minutes i don't see how they're going to make a mechanic that doesn't in some way hurt rogues stealth mechanic in its actual use
100 Human Hunter

like healer teams don't dominate the bracket enough?
90 Orc Shaman
How is that fair to Unholy DKS? Necro strikes are their main source of killing in arnea. So you're going to nerf their main source of DMG cause of a healing debuff? How is that fair at all compared to a warrior for example, they will pump out more dmg, as the DK does less over all?

And what about rogues? I faced a double DPS comp in dalaran sewers the other night, and 1 person from each team died. He was able to cloak and vanish while grabbing the eyes for 8 mins, and then opened on me when he got the buff and I died. So now 2 rogues will be able to do that until the 13 min mark?
Community Manager
10/10/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Xartacus
How is that fair to Unholy DKS? Necro strikes are their main source of killing in arnea. So you're going to nerf their main source of DMG cause of a healing debuff?

Only the absorption affect will be reduced, not the damage output.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/10/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Lore
How is that fair to Unholy DKS? Necro strikes are their main source of killing in arnea. So you're going to nerf their main source of DMG cause of a healing debuff?

Hi Lore. There has been a lot of talk about rogue teams staying in Stealth for entire matches. What are your opinions about it?
90 Orc Shaman
10/10/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Lore

The damage on necro is garbage, I still think that's really unfair to nerf ONE classes damage/absorb mechanic. The playing field should be equal.
The damage on necro is garbage, I still think that's really unfair to nerf ONE classes damage/absorb mechanic. The playing field should be equal.

Eh they already buffed everything else for Unholy.
90 Dwarf Shaman
Can you please do something to hotfix blood dks before you release this? It basically makes them even stronger. They can both deal damage whereas a healer cannot so when the buff stacks up they can simply pop all their defensives and kill the healer or their dps but the 1 dps doesn't have that same luxury they do of their tank buffed defensives.

It's a pretty good change for healer dps vs. healer dps but at higher ratings those games rarely go to the draw anyways, double blood dk on the other hand..

10/10/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Gethrian

Hi Lore. There has been a lot of talk about rogue teams staying in Stealth for entire matches. What are your opinions about it?

Rogues have always been able to do that and it has never actually worked, use the eyes.
Edited by Perfectxoxo on 10/10/2013 1:39 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
Oh and lore myself and all the high rated players as well as most of the low rated ones I've talked to agree, the best fix for blood is simply to not allow you to queue arenas as a tank spec or don't allow you to accept a queue while in one of those specs (blood, prot pally, prot warrior, guardian druid)

I'm not sure how difficult this is from a technical point of view but it certainly fixes this stuff once and for all.
70 Orc Death Knight
Posted this in another thread:

Just leave it as is, and if you haven't done any damage (As DPS/Tank specs) and no healing (Or significant damage, as healer) stacking debuff that either reduces damage/healing or increases damage taken.

I haven't seen many turtle matches, but if Blizzard is looking into it enough people cried about it. So the solution would to be NOT to promote more turtle play. (IE Waiting for teams to get a stacking buff that increases damage, and then go HAM on them for an easy win).

There would need to be a solution that promotes activity. Giving players hiding/turtling a debuff every minute would work well, in my opinion. Otherwise teams going at each other giving it their all, TCCY works.

I'd leave it up to Blizzard to determine the numbers to decide what classifies as enough work or not enough work. Still has holes in it, but it's better than stacking debuffs for length of time which encourage hide and seek, and long kite times.
Edited by Valrae on 10/10/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Rogues have always been able to do that and it has never actually worked, use the eyes.

I agree actually, but it doesn't stop people from bringing it up. Might as well get an official view about it.
100 Worgen Druid
just make the debuff stack 5 times every 10 seconds for tank specs
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]