3-healing 10 man flex SoO?

100 Blood Elf Priest
Wondering if it was common to use three healers on normal flex SoO (gates)?

*edited for word-type mistakes
Edited by Dawsyn on 10/14/2013 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Most people 3heal, but you can 2heal with good healers. Or, you can 2heal if you have alot of off heals, like shamans and shadow priests
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't participate in my guilds raids, but I hear about it alot from my friend and frequently look at their logs.

They use a combination of atonement healing & a holy paladin. Eternal flame op...

Oh you do flex...I misread

Ok, umm hard to say. You're dps has to be pretty solid for that. I'd say 3 healing is a bit over-doing it unless the healers you bring are really undergeared. When I did flex I did it with another 500 or so resto druid and a 520 disc priest spamming atonement and we did perfectly fine. I had mana issues towards the end of protectors, but nobody died.

Can't speak for quarter 1&2 though.
Edited by Caerar on 10/14/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
OK, this is good information. We are going to run Disc, Resto Shaman and Holy Paladin. I think the atonement healing will help just enough with the DPS as well as healing. Thanks all for the input.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
3 healing isn't really needed for normal, let alone flex. May help to have a 3rd in flex if the DPS isn't strong and it's a new group, but it's not really needed. I'd plan to have one go DPS off spec if possible.

I've done flex where we had too many healers (3 for 10 people) and all of us were bored out of our minds :p With my disc priest absorb heals and the druid's efflo on the ground there was nothing else to heal haha.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm able to solo heal flex with 18 or so, never tried more. So I think 3 healers is a bit excessive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well....

Technically my guild 8 healed the first three wings last night. I think we had...maybe 16 people? Something like that?
Edited by Tiriel on 10/14/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Im trying to gear up now. Hoping to get my healing set to around 532 average before trying to heal a flex. I hope my first run has 3 healers. Would take off some of the pressure on my first attempt healing anything above LFR.

I miss the ease of mind DPS has with just perfecting your rotation and simply not standing in stuff.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
On our guilds Flex runs we use a ratio of 1 healer/full group of 5. I have found, at least for our runs, dps is more of an issue than heals. And most of the things dps die from heals would not have saved them.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
You should 2 heal with 10m flex.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You can run 10m Flex with 1, 2, 3, or 4 healers. With unusually-good DPS you might even be able to pull off 5. I wouldn't try 0, except maybe on Immerseus, and 6 is probably not workable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
We've been three healing, but only because our third healer (the second "main" healer) pulls like 30k hps on average.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Well, as an update, our first night we got to Norushen and hit his enrage timer 3 times. Seems lack of DPS is our main issue. Gonna see if we can 2-heal it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We've been using 3 for Normal stuff.. but DPS becomes an issue on some fights. Most of the fights really are tuned towards DPS vice healing. But it's easier to learn the fight with 3 heals, and then downgrade to 2 when you are ready for a concerted push.

With Flex, 2 healers (10 man), 3 (14) works really well. Depending on fight, you can get away with 2 (if you have enough DPS, and tanks are strong enough).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Mostly it's about your DPS/Tanks. How much damage are they taking? If your tanks are a tad undergeared, or if either tanks/dps are not great at being raid aware (i.e. they linger in fire, get smacked by swipes, etc.), then a 3rd healer is a godsend.

However, if people don't stand in bad, the tanks are appropriately geared, then you're all good with two.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Im trying to gear up now. Hoping to get my healing set to around 532 average before trying to heal a flex. I hope my first run has 3 healers. Would take off some of the pressure on my first attempt healing anything above LFR.

I miss the ease of mind DPS has with just perfecting your rotation and simply not standing in stuff.

I heal Flex good, and Normal OK at 514 iLevel, but we 3 heal. We typically do normal modes now exclusively. Flex is a breeze 3 healing. My cohealers are a druid and paladin. 532 and 540something iLevel.

When I have gone into a PUG flex raid, I typically out heal the next healer down by a wide margin, even at 514. In my normal guild runs, I am typically 3rd, doing around 20 to 25% of the healing.
Edited by Bôjangles on 10/15/2013 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If your raid does things correctly and has good dps, one healer can heal most of it. Otherwise two is fine. If you need more than that, one or more healers is either slacking or terribly undergeared.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I pref. 2 healing Flex only because I usually join smaller Flex groups of 10-13 people, and I like to see bosses die fast.

But 3 is doable.

More then 3? Bye.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
2 good healers are more than enough. 3 heal is safer.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
It depends entirely on your raid group. There's a huge gear gap at this point in the expansion, and strength of characters can vary by quite a bit. If you're hitting enrage timers, try it with two healers. If you're having trouble keeping people up, go with three. If you're having problems with both, then consider refining your tactics or getting more gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]