Burden of Eternity vs ToT LFR

90 Goblin Priest
I've been farming the Isles for the past week for the 535 trinket, and I've gotten fairly lucky with Burdens drops. And I was wondering what the consensus is on the 535 Timeless Isles gear against the 502 ToT ones from LFR? I know Timeless misses sockets and isn't that greatly itemized, but I was wondering if the extra stats make up for it. And if so, what gear should I look about replacing? Thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Burden gear (like all Isle gear) is a giant RNG lottery. If you were to get something properly itemized (e.g. Int/Spi/Mastery item for Holy), then the piece is very likely to be better than ToT LFR drops (how much would still depend on what kind of sockets the ToT piece has). If you get a 535 item with just Int/Spi itemization, well... yeah, at least you can vendor that for 20 gold.

My Holy priest alt got lucky and got a 535 chest with Spi/Mastery secondary stats. Then he got some shoulders (albeit non-Burden level ones) with just Spirit. They did not even have more spirit than Spirit/X pieces :l
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/14/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Korghal
Burden gear (like all Isle gear) is a giant RNG lottery. If you were to get something properly itemized (e.g. Int/Spi/Mastery item for Holy), then the piece is very likely to be better than ToT LFR drops (how much would still depend on what kind of sockets the ToT piece has). If you get a 535 item with just Int/Spi itemization, well... yeah, at least you can vendor that for 20 gold.

Well, but LFR loot drops can be a giant RNG lottery, quite honestly ;D

However... when I was trying to catch up this priest for SoO (I had T14 gear still), I would grab 1,000 Timeless Coins from the Isle and turn them in for a Mogu Rune of Fate, and run whichever ToT boss had the upgrade I was targeting.

... it was a *lot* of ToT LFRs, XS ... but since I'm a healer, it was time better-spent for me than killing crap on the Isles hoping for the right Timeless drops.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
It does come down to the itemization and the piece.

Generally, there are more effective stat points on 4-stat gear than on 3-stat. For example:

Elder Tortoiseshell Breastplate of the Adroit +1130 Expertise
Elder Tortoiseshell Breastplate of the Landslide +734 Hit , +734 Expertise

Both have 1143 STR and 1835 STA, but the 4-stat piece has 1468 points of secondary itemization.

Raid gear is always 4-stat gear. The gem slots don't matter much because an item with gem slots has its main stats reduced to account for the customizable gem stats. This is only really important if a secondary stat is weighted more heavily for your spec than a primary- rare, but it does happen.

Secondary stat allocation is key. If there isn't much difference between the ilevels, like less than ten, the secondary stat priority for your spec comes into play. If it's more than twenty, it doesn't matter what the secondary stats are, it's generally going to be an upgrade.

Other than that, they've done a fairly thorough job of making sure ilevel is the ultimate indicator of what piece is best.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Go to askmrrobot and look at the stats comparison of the various timeless pieces compared to the lfr pieces for your spec. 9/10 times, the timeless gear will be a lot better than lfr gear, when a burden of eternity is used.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
I'd h

Go to askmrrobot and look at the stats comparison of the various timeless pieces compared to the lfr pieces for your spec. 9/10 times, the timeless gear will be a lot better than lfr gear, when a burden of eternity is used.

I'd hope so considering the Timeless gear is around 30 ilvls ahead of ToT LFR

It's not always the case though.

Sometimes sockets plus itemization can make a 502 better than a 535 especially if the timeless piece only has a single secondary stat on it. Something with, for example, Int / Stam / Spirit will have spirit below what a normal 535 piece would have if you combined the two secondarys.

Sometimes not even reforging can fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If it were me, I'd run LFR for the larger upgrades (at least maybe for set bonuses!) and use the isle to fill in any large ilvl gaps. All of it is a big RNG lottery :p

Your gear now isn't that bad, I'd keep it and try to run LFR SoO and flex :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Timeless gear is great filler pieces until you can get something better.

Sometimes that will be SoO LFR pieces, sometimes it will be Flex+ or tier items.

Since Timeless gear is 535 ilvl is is usually better in raw stats that the 528 LFR piece for that slot. However since they are random (1x secondary stat = primary stat or 2x secondary = .618~ primary), you can end up with a weird combination of "sub optimal" stats.

For HPal, I don't really have "sub optimal" stats since I don't have to deal with Hit/Exp/Dodge/Parry, and all 3 of my secondary stats are useful (Crit/Mastery/Haste & Spirit), although to different degrees.

I'm almost always better off getting a 2 stat piece over a 1 stat piece.

Assuming the piece had 1k int (it will be higher)

1000 X vs 618 Y + 618 Z

Not only do I end up with 300~ raw stat points more, I'm able to reforge one of them

1000 X vs 618 Y + 371 Z + 246 W

Yes, the stat I reforged out of still has a solid chunk, but I'm not taking as huge a hit as I would with a single stat piece.

Now.. if the 528 piece has two "preferred" stats, that is where things tend to favor known drops vs random.

Basically, how much raw stats (and usable) are worth 7 Ilvls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]