Mistweaver Tier 16 2p and mastery

90 Pandaren Monk
When our 2 piece was announced I was excited that we would have one less dead stat, hopefully. But unfortunately I can't find enough information anywhere to decide whether or not mastery is good with our 2 piece. Does anyone know, or know of a source, that has the information I seek? I kind of want to stack a bit more mastery, but I do't want to hamper my guilds progression. Thanks for any help!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
45% more of garbage is still garbage. The set bonus is a nice 5-6% increase in your overall healing but you should not alter your priorities. For example, if we were being generous and said mastery was worth 25% of crit and increased that by 45% we get 36.25%, moving it from a quarter to a third as good as crit.

Mastery would have to be ~70% of crit pre-bonus to even break even and I don't think anyone could assume it's that high with a straight face.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Ok thanks, Panda. Though I still like our mastery, my team uses my little balls of healing so it's usually a good mount of my overall healing done. Earlier I looked at overall to see if recount picks up our 2 piece but sadly found out it didn't (at least, it doesn't specify it) and GotS was like #4.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
The base mastery isn't insignificant. Mastery is 7-10% of my healing and the 2pc is another 5%ish. The stat itself is just a steaming pile of dung.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
They should just make mastery rating increase mastery healing.

Make it less of a useless stat.

but yea 2pc is pretty op though
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oooooooooh. That's better news than I had hoped for. It just means we have awful mastery scaling. Glad to hear that, cause then I can hope that Blizz will just increase the scaling. Yay!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
there's really no reason to
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have grown fond of Mist Weaver Mastery. Ever since( I cant remember when) I changed to have Enduring Healing Spheres Glyph I see great results coming out of them. As well with the way this tier has been set up so that people are constantly stacking or moving in/to/from a stacked group, I see my orbs being arbitrarily picked up all the time and in general can be my 3rd place heal behind Uplift/ReM.

I would say that a combined 15% of our total healing being done by a single stat is good enough being that everything else works so well for us anyways and have notoriously scaled better than most others.

45% more of garbage is still garbage

Low Blows my friend.... Low Blows
Edited by Zombiewu on 10/11/2013 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
it's an above average to fantastic set bonus, all he's saying is mastery is a bad stat for us
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The 2-piece is great, and makes mastery way more useful than it was. Does that mean you should make gearing choices for more mastery? No, it scales awfully compared to other stats. You just don't have to whine when you get some anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
It would be nice to try out mastery stacking even if it sucks, to see 40 billion healing spheres all over the fight...TRY TO DODGE MY GLORIOUS HEALING BALLS NOW $@)#*!
Edited by Eldarc on 10/15/2013 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
t would be nice to try out mastery stacking even if it sucks, to see 40 billion healing spheres all over the fight...TRY TO DODGE MY GLORIOUS HEALING BALLS NOW $@)#*!

oh man instead of spawning 600 balls over a fight,

we might spawn 610
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If there were so many balls spawned that they started stacking vertically, could it be said that your raid was balls deep in the encounter?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]