Merge Disc and Holy.

90 Blood Elf Priest
At the risk of a firing squad here, I've been tossing this idea around in the back of my head for awhile now. At the end of Wrath they axed tanking in all 3 specs because it ended up being so complex to balance it actually weakened the class trying to keep them unique and balanced. They merged all the tanking into one spec and I'd gather any non-nostalgic DK tank would call it an improvement.

What I'm gonna suggest is this: give us the same treatment. Merge Disc and Holy into one tree. Axe Spirit Shell, EoL and chakras. Keep DA as the mastery, penance and casted shields plus serendipity for single target, circle of healing, renew, PoH/PoM for aoe and pain support, guardian spirit, both hymns, barrier and void shift as our cool downs. Toss the holy words and the other gimmicks and I think you'd have a much more enjoyable spec that would be easier to balance.

Then I dunno maybe use the other spec for the Holy DPS spec that was getting so much noise earlier. A Holy thematic DPS spec would be cool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This spec sounds like it would be broken as hell. I approve.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
No, thank you. Please try again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
This spec sounds like it would be broken as hell. I approve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Almost every other class already has multiple DPS specs. We're fine with being the only one with two healing ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Almost every other class already has multiple DPS specs. We're fine with being the only one with two healing ones.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Yes please.

That is the one thing I really enjoy about the priest class and why I have 2 (raid on one pvp on another), the option of two different healing styles is a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I say thy nay, mysterious Kael's copycat.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I say thy nay, mysterious Kael's copycat.

Lol! I totally thought this was Kaels too when I read it in another thread, but I realized he would NEVER have come up with this..."idea"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I honestly think Discipline priest need to be a pure PVP healer. Absorb mechanics are abominations and people put to much weight on them. No more absorbs except for cool downs, I say.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I honestly think Discipline priest need to be a pure PVP healer. Absorb mechanics are abominations and people put to much weight on them. No more absorbs except for cool downs, I say.

Expect that holy dominates in pvp and most absorbs can be dispelled :p

No spec should be pure pvp or pve.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Are...are you serious?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
No.

Also:

10/13/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Holynarco
I honestly think Discipline priest need to be a pure PVP healer.

No.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Give holy to Warlocks.

Give Priests affliction

/ducks
Edited by Harpoa on 10/13/2013 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Give holy to Warlocks.

Give Priests affliction

/ducks

Honestly, the "give mages a 4th / healing spec" threads are better than this one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Give holy to Warlocks.

Give Priests affliction

/ducks

*shivs*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Mages are too OP, hence their healing would be broken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Give holy to Warlocks.

Give Priests affliction

/ducks

Honestly, the "give mages a 4th / healing spec" threads are better than this one.

Make Discipline a tanking spec, like Warlock's Dark Apotheosis except with crit suppression.

Also turn Arcane into a healing spec and Frost into a tank spec.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/13/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Kinry
At the end of Wrath they axed tanking in all 3 specs because it ended up being so complex to balance it actually weakened the class trying to keep them unique and balanced. They merged all the tanking into one spec and I'd gather any non-nostalgic DK tank would call it an improvement.

It wasn't so much that they couldn't balance all three specs for tanking, it was more that each one needed to be balanced around tanking and DPS at the same time. It's the same reason they split bears and cats into different specs for Druids (they just did it an expansion later).

Disc and Holy aren't in the same boat as DKs or tank druids were. We're strictly healers with reasonably distinct toolkits.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It wasn't so much that they couldn't balance all three specs for tanking, it was more that each one needed to be balanced around tanking and DPS at the same time. It's the same reason they split bears and cats into different specs for Druids (they just did it an expansion later).

Disc and Holy aren't in the same boat as DKs or tank druids were. We're strictly healers with reasonably distinct toolkits.

Well-said, Skoot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]