Merge Disc and Holy.

100 Blood Elf Priest
An idea I've had for ages is that healing specs should all be reworked to be dps specs with healing as a side effect (much like how shadow priests were in the Burning Crusade days). The whole idea of standing in the back of the raid throwing healing spells around is dumb. I even have a couple healers, but I find the healing aspect of these characters boring. We should have more stuff like atonement and fistweaving. If this worked, we would have more emphasis on personal accountability for surviving encounters and less expectation to have a healer bring you back from the brink.

Um, no.

I mostly find DPS boring. But I don't go into DPS forums and argue that all DPS specs should be converted into healing specs with DPS as a side effect.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Priest
The healing breakdowns are also generally pretty close.

I don't think so mate.

There is a significant difference between disc and holy spell composition. You might not see that in say particular raid fights...but in general across pvp etc, there is a big difference.

When it comes down to it, I think Blizz shows a lack of vision for disc by leaving the old traditional heals in it, if disc is being used correctly, you shouldn't be casting gheal and heal.

There were old throwback talents in the old system like train of thought etc where you reduced the cd on inner focus when you cast gheal etc. But it was actually wrong for them to do it, they just didn't know what else to do yet.

Fast fwd to now, you will see a couple of big differences between holy and disc: atonement is obvious. But you also have divine aegis + pw:s + pw:b + spirit shell taking up spots that you would be seeing fheal and renew at with holy. Finally, you have signature spells like lightwell, coh and serenity in holy that disc just doesn't have.

Just because there is common ground between the specs on pw:s, renew, poh and prom doesn't mean they are mechanically even close...they are too different and tbh, blizz should've made them more different and should proceed in future on that basis.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
An idea I've had for ages is that healing specs should all be reworked to be dps specs with healing as a side effect (much like how shadow priests were in the Burning Crusade days). The whole idea of standing in the back of the raid throwing healing spells around is dumb. I even have a couple healers, but I find the healing aspect of these characters boring. We should have more stuff like atonement and fistweaving. If this worked, we would have more emphasis on personal accountability for surviving encounters and less expectation to have a healer bring you back from the brink.

Most ridiculous idea in a ridiculous thread. Congrats.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Wow, I had a similar idea too.

Except mine involves reworking every spec to only have a healing CD (that does damage too!), with fights involving a 25-man rotation of these CDs till the boss dies.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Except mine involves reworking every spec to only have a healing CD (that does damage too!), with fights involving a 25-man rotation of these CDs till the boss dies.

You're a terrible person, Ceddya. *stare*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

You're a terrible person, Ceddya. *stare*

Just switch every dps to shadow priest and divine star on cd until every dies. ;D ;D ;D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]