Next Connected Realms- Updated 10/14

Community Manager
Update 10/14: As a part of the ongoing realm connection process, we are currently planning to connect Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher during the maintenance on Tuesday, October 15. We will provide an update should there be any delays or issues in implementing this connection.

---------------------------------------------------

As a part of our ongoing Connected Realms implementation, we will be working toward connecting our next pair of realms, Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher – we’ll provide another update once we’ve finalized the date. We will also update this thread with any additional information that becomes available. Please be aware that as a part of the process, realm times may change to align better with each other.

We are currently evaluating additional realm connections and plan to provide a more complete schedule at a future point in time.

For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.
Edited by Nethaera on 10/14/2013 12:07 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
And lo, the newly connected realm was dubbed BLACK DRAGONCRUSHER
100 Night Elf Hunter
Two Horde PvP realms picked second. Shocking.

I guess Alliance realms that need help keep getting missed accidentally.

You also picked two realms that are not too bad versus trying to help realms that are dead or dying.

Good work.
100 Human Mage
We are currently evaluating additional realm connections and plan to provide a more complete schedule at a future point in time.

I'm not sure "a future point in time" is insightful or helpful to those waiting and wondering if it's worth transferring or cancelling their account.
100 Draenei Warrior
10/08/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Fairadey

I'm not sure "a future point in time" is insightful or helpful to those waiting and wondering if it's worth transferring or cancelling their account.

you can always pay to transfer if they pick the next one that involves your realm along with one that is hated.

personally if they leave stormrage along that is fine.
Edited by Cheezfondue on 10/8/2013 4:40 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Warrior
Interesting. Two more PvP realms that — based on guild progression correlated with player-available data — have larger populations than the first pair. I'd speculate that it could mean 1) Blizzard's very serious about fattening up realm size, and 2) tumbleweed servers will be connected by the baker's dozen to meet a certain threshold. Slow execution notwithstanding, that's cause for optimism.
100 Human Mage
you can always pay to transfer if they pick the next one that involves your realm along with one that is hated.

100% not about me. I'm in a great guild on a decent realm that while it could use some help isn't dead.

I'm pretending to be the voice of the voiceless. ;)
90 Gnome Warlock
AWESOME

NOT MY REALM

cmon now!!!
90 Night Elf Hunter
Alright! Approx. 4-5 months after notification and implementation, they have a grand total of FOUR realms connected and those are already high or moderately populated realms.

At this rate, they should make it to my realm, which has a whopping 200 alliance left, sometime around 2020 or 2021. I wonder if WoW will look like Fallout 3 by then?
Edited by Paetheas on 10/8/2013 4:50 PM PDT
10 Undead Warrior
Two Horde PvP realms picked second. Shocking.

I guess Alliance realms that need help keep getting missed accidentally.

You also picked two realms that are not too bad versus trying to help realms that are dead or dying.

Good work.

Try, for a moment, to understand the life of an engineer. The choices in the last two and these two are merely engineering choices.
90 Gnome Warlock
Took you long enough! To not be my server!
100 Dwarf Shaman
Skullcrusher
A H Ratio Total
19,420 42,254 0.460 61,808

Black Dragonflight
A H Ratio Total
15,792 39,175 0.403 54,982

Speculation! While increasing populations, is Blizzard trying to maintain the A:H ratio? These two are fairly close if you trust wow.realmpop.com. Both are PvP realms. They are in different battlegroups (Ruin vs. Stormstrike).
Edited by Hekili on 10/8/2013 4:51 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
Well, at long last, thank you for the update.

As for the future point in time quip, can we expect that sometime next year?
90 Pandaren Shaman
Fear not those on Oceanic PVP realms. If they're trying to match Horde and Alliance Ratios, we will ALL be connected to Frostmourne... provided they connect just the Alliance and not the Horde....

in all seriousness though, hope to see a listing soon of all the realms, and I hope to see a transfer sale soon to give those of us in near hopeless situations on our home realms options. :)
90 Worgen Warrior
/crosses fingers

whisperwind and hellscream.... we can call it hellwind or whisperscream.

maybe they'd accept this if I posted on my horde toon....
10 Undead Warrior
Both are PvP realms. They are in different battlegroups (Ruin vs. Stormstrike).

They are in different battlegroups, and different datacenters.

The last two picks were lower pop realms, from the same datacenter.

These two picks are both medium pop realms which combined would make a high pop realm. AND they're in two different datacenters -- which makes this interesting.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Skullcrusher
A H Ratio Total
19,420 42,254 0.460 61,808

Black Dragonflight
A H Ratio Total
15,792 39,175 0.403 54,982

Speculation! While increasing populations, is Blizzard trying to maintain the A:H ratio? These two are fairly close if you trust wow.realmpop.com. Both are PvP realms. They are in different battlegroups (Ruin vs. Stormstrike).

Blizzard said they were doing this intentionally, because some people want their servers to be unbalanced in their favor, and they're likely to leave if it changes.

Since they're still testing it, that's much more important.
Edited by Ehcks on 10/8/2013 5:00 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Not entirely thrilled about CR anymore.
This great feature that had me remaining in WoW turned out to be a remake of a terrible "Yo Mama so fat!" joke.

CR's so fat that it really will "roll out with 5.4". ALL of 5.4!
97 Human Death Knight
This whole process is taking too long
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]