Next Connected Realms- Updated 10/14

I was really hoping the second group would be larger. Seeing another set of two is disappointing.
90 Orc Death Knight
at this rate it seems like most of us wont reap any reward from connecting realms for well over a year....
90 Human Warrior
I was really hoping the second group would be larger. Seeing another set of two is disappointing.

Srsly. My sub runs out tonite at 10pm PST. I was really hoping there would be a reason to re-subscribe. Thanks for the let down Blizzard

-Loyal fan of over 6 years.
Edited by Sabryn on 10/8/2013 5:18 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard said they were doing this intentionally, because some people want their servers to be unbalanced in their favor, and they're likely to leave if it changes.

If that's the logic, it's bad logic. Theck did a pretty thorough critique of Blizzard's approach to server balance.

http://www.sacredduty.net/2013/10/03/timewaste-isle/

See the part about unstable equilibrium vs. stable equilibrium.
Edited by Hekili on 10/8/2013 5:11 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
Ever since I first heard about this feature the only thing I could think about was how nice it is going to be to have a more balanced ratio between Horde and Alliance on Skullcrusher... and now I see this. What the flying farce are they thinking with this merge? I'd love to leave a barrage of profanity in this post, but since it is frowned upon, I'll leave it to the reader's imagination.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/08/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Sabryn

Srsly. My sub runs out tonite at 10pm PST. I was really hoping there would be a reason to re-subscribe. Thanks for the let down Blizzard

P.S. Ever since GC came into play, this game went downhill fast. Just saying, favoritism is at an all time high.

Guess Wrath being "The best expansion" must really have stunk for you with him as the lead Dev since 2008. 15 days to roll out the 2nd pairing isn't all that slow when implementing a huge game changer like this feature.
Community Manager
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.
90 Human Warrior

P.S. Ever since GC came into play, this game went downhill fast. Just saying, favoritism is at an all time high.

Guess Wrath being "The best expansion" must really have stunk for you with him as the lead Dev since 2008. 15 days to roll out the 2nd pairing isn't all that slow when implementing a huge game changer like this feature.

Wrath was a great expansion, but started the downhill roll. Think about 3.2 and ToGC.

However, you are right. I shouldn't put the blame solely on one person.
Edited by Sabryn on 10/8/2013 5:17 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just looking at the amount of level 90 characters, you have about 20,000 total, which gives us an idea about how big they want the new connected realms to be. With my server having around 7.7k lvl 90 players, that would mean it'd probably be connected with two other realms of about the same size, or one a bit bigger. Interesting...
100 Night Elf Rogue
Wrath was a great expansion, but started the downhill roll. Think about 3.2 and ToGC.

I'm glad they are taking their time on this myself, CRZ was buggy as heck after only being tested on the PTR realms. Doing this a few servers at a time will make for a far better experience down road. Ghost crawler is the lead developer, not the only one. He also probably gets overridden on some things by his bosses.
100 Human Paladin

You must of missed the CRZ whining.
100 Draenei Paladin
Couldn't we just merge smaller realms and be done with it?
100 Human Priest
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

I'd add that they are really being careful about what realms they're picking to roll out too because they don't want to run the risk of servers melting down as a result of this.

I understand that a lot of people on low-pop realms are eager for this to go live, but if it's a choice between waiting for the system to work right or getting a system online prematurely that might end up destroying characters unrecoverably... seriously, let's give them the time to iron it out.
90 Human Mage
LOL i am from skullcrusher and its already a horde mob fest the solution is push this crappy ratio onto even more people and make the problem even more obvious? What exactly is this supposed to be fixing? There are countless other realms out there with opposite ratio that would actually make sense to merge and we get another horde heavy realm why?
10/08/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Crowlight

I'd add that they are really being careful about what realms they're picking to roll out too because they don't want to run the risk of servers melting down as a result of this.

I understand that a lot of people on low-pop realms are eager for this to go live, but if it's a choice between waiting for the system to work right or getting a system online prematurely that might end up destroying characters unrecoverably... seriously, let's give them the time to iron it out.

Yeah real careful in the sense that they are combining and not making any effort to use this great opportunity to fix the faction imbalances which i assumed would of been the top priority in this.
Edited by Wyndoor on 10/8/2013 5:26 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior

Oh noes, I was on here for that. I remember finding the positive and negative with CRZ. The worse was farming nodes. The best was heading into Goldshire, and being taken back to the days of BC.

Either way, it would be great if they just tested these out, and in a few weeks had CRs rolling out by the dozen.
Can't wait for this to come to Gorg. They'll need 20 of us to get to 20k people though haha.
100 Night Elf Rogue
LOL i am from skullcrusher and its already a horde mob fest the solution is push this crappy ratio onto even more people and make the problem even more obvious? What exactly is this supposed to be fixing? There are countless other realms out there with opposite ratio that would actually make sense to merge and we get another horde heavy realm why?

Overall server population is the end goal, not faction balance.
90 Human Mage
10/08/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Mythox

Overall server population is the end goal, not faction balance.

The point is it could be easily done, go look at a server statistics page there are tons of servers that could of just as easily been chosen over either one of them and actually give the people on these two realms a good experience. Don't excuse their laziness/stupidity with posts like yours, this is unacceptable it is the perfect time to fix both problems for everyone and yet again like 99% of their chances to fix problems they simply cause another one.

So now on my realm when we goto do dailies on isle it will be 8v32 instead of 4v16 great fix isn't it.
Edited by Wyndoor on 10/8/2013 5:30 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin

Oh noes, I was on here for that. I remember finding the positive and negative with CRZ. The worse was farming nodes. The best was heading into Goldshire, and being taken back to the days of BC.

Either way, it would be great if they just tested these out, and in a few weeks had CRs rolling out by the dozen.

Be patient. They are testing this NOW. Their live servers are obviously different from their internal issues that and they can see how the world reacts to it. Much better then "Hey let's give you CRZ bugged or not."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]