Next Connected Realms- Updated 10/14

90 Night Elf Warrior
slowly picking realms to merge gives them time to milk the xfer fees from people moving to the new super realms.
90 Night Elf Hunter
And lo, the newly connected realm was dubbed BLACK DRAGONCRUSHER

omg, i lmao to this. =) thanks.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Bashiok, thanks for the update and clarification.

Man, I hope they're runnin' IPv6 in those datacenters.

So this is interesting...could be they'll be multiple "waves" of connecting realms to each other...this is just the test phase. Weird.

Guess I should get back to mobbing in Pandaria. :-)
90 Gnome Warlock
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

Can Gorgonnash be next please? :D
100 Worgen Mage
I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.

Ok so I can understand there maybe "potential issues" with this type of connection.

But seriously, on what Earth does a merger of this type (creating a overwhelmingly biased horde realm out of 2 already Horde biased realms) make any sense whatsoever?

You want to merge large realms - ok - but why match two realms with such an overwhelming horde bias?

Here's the absolute kicker, two PvP realms - with this bias - brilliant. So now any Alliance toons which ventures outside there own Major Cities is going to be face planting the dirt indefinitely.

I just fail to see any logic from any viewpoint on this. Anybody?
90 Pandaren Monk
I can't believe you're actually linking yet another horde dominated server to another horde dominated server.

Is Blizzard oblivious to how awful this makes the gameplay for anybody on Alliance side? Why would you do this instead of pairing opposites?
44 Draenei Shaman
Also, to those looking at the data from realmpop, keep in mind that the data from that is not 100% accurate. In fact, using it to figure out the population of a realm is a bad idea because one, it counts the number of CHARACTERS (not accounts) on a specific realm and two, it doesn't differentiate between active and inactive accounts.

Anyways, as Bashiok said:

We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.
90 Pandaren Monk
I really don't mind being patient and waiting for my realm to connect with another so long as in the end we get a bit of balance. Cenarius is a medium pop server with a huge faction imbalance. I know balance isn't the priority for realm connection but I beg of you blizz, please look at it.

According to wow progress there is a ratio of 0.25 H per 1 A. The alliance side is very strong; Cenarius is home to Arathian Knights, a top 35 guild in the west (They are 11/14H in 10 man) as well as a large number of Alli guilds both 10 and 25.. Over on the Horde side there are 4 ten man guilds who have killed a boss in SoO (2 are 4/14 N and the other 2 are 1/14N). There are no 25 man Horde guilds whatsoever. We can't even PuG, there are so few Horde. Don't even get me started on trying to find a group for the Celestial Boss. That's damn near impossible.

tl;dr: Blizz, I will sell you my soul if you can bring some faction balance to Cenarius <3
Edited by Blaqkfist on 10/8/2013 7:07 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
blizzard pls
90 Human Mage
They caused this problem with their money grubbing server xfers n such and are too lazy to even take an extra minute to find a server that would solve both problems for the server its a damn joke we pay monthly for this.
5 Undead Warlock

So what you're saying is you guys have a plan and are executing it. I doubt anyone here will pay any Attention to it. But Good Luck
100 Night Elf Druid
This is so insulting. As someone whos watched Skullcrusher be drained of our best, most active of players since the first day of Free then Paid Character Migrations this is just simply salt on the wound.

44 Skullcrusher (up) PvP en 909.00 2533 1775 758
46 Black Dragonflight (up) PvP en 839.33 1857 1609 248
^ From wowprogress.com

After merge it will look something like this:
Total: 4200 | Horde: 3200 | Alliance: 1000

This helps BDF a decent amount while simultaneously empowering an already strong Horde presence, while watering down Skullcrusher with relatively inactive Alliance accounts.

I hate to be dramatic but why do Alliance always get !@#$ on?
Edited by Zenko on 10/8/2013 7:40 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Can't wait for this to come to Gorg. They'll need 20 of us to get to 20k people though haha.

OMG! Your on gorg!
90 Human Mage
This is so insulting. As someone whos watched Skullcrusher be drained of our best, most active of players since the first day of Free then Paid Character Migrations this is just simply salt on the wound.

44 Skullcrusher (up) PvP en 909.00 2533 1775 758
46 Black Dragonflight (up) PvP en 839.33 1857 1609 248
^ From wowprogress.com

After merge it will look something like this:
Total: 4200 | Horde: 3200 | Alliance: 1000

This helps BDF a decent amount while simultaneously empowering an already strong Horde presence, while watering down Skullcrusher with relatively inactive Alliance accounts.

I hate to be dramatic but why do Alliance always get !@#$ on?

Such a easy problem to fix and they somehow manage to screw it up lol. Everyone should have known better than expect anything good from this.
90 Worgen Priest
So, just a thought, addressed to the people who are upset because 2 Horde dominated realms are being linked.

I seem to recall reading a post somewhere, where people were concerned that they'd be "upsetting" the current (im)balance of some servers. I understand that people who are on the small side of the equation don't like it, but have you considered that many of the Horde players would be screaming bloody murder if the faction balance suddenly became equal. I'm pretty sure that many of them chose to roll Horde on a Horde heavy server for a reason. Just as I know many Alliance players choose to roll on heavily Alliance favoured servers.

There was also some discussion about how, sure, they could "fix" the faction imbalance. For a few months. Until more Horde/Alliance came and it was imbalanced again. Then they should, what? Merge it with another server, and rinse and repeat ad infinitum?
100 Human Priest
I love how so many people are asserting the problem is easy to fix. If it were easy, why wait until now, when soooooo many people have unsubscribed because of low-pop servers?

If it were easy to connect the realms now that the tech was in, and if there was zero-risk of catastrophic failure, why wouldn't they do it?

You can claim that it's because they want server transfer revenues, but if they were so greedy for that money, why even connect realms?

It doesn't add up. They're doing the best they can and they want to make sure they do it without causing irreparable damage.
90 Human Mage
So, just a thought, addressed to the people who are upset because 2 Horde dominated realms are being linked.

I seem to recall reading a post somewhere, where people were concerned that they'd be "upsetting" the current (im)balance of some servers. I understand that people who are on the small side of the equation don't like it, but have you considered that many of the Horde players would be screaming bloody murder if the faction balance suddenly became equal. I'm pretty sure that many of them chose to roll Horde on a Horde heavy server for a reason. Just as I know many Alliance players choose to roll on heavily Alliance favoured servers.

There was also some discussion about how, sure, they could "fix" the faction imbalance. For a few months. Until more Horde/Alliance came and it was imbalanced again. Then they should, what? Merge it with another server, and rinse and repeat ad infinitum?

The point is when we started on skullcrusher it WAS balanced. Their server/faction xfers is what ruined it for us and they can't even take the extra 5 seconds to choose a proper realm to fix it for all of us? From what i am seeing this merger will do nothing for us on alliance considering the server were merging with is deader than our alliance which is hard to believe lol.
I love how so many people are asserting the problem is easy to fix. If it were easy, why wait until now, when soooooo many people have unsubscribed because of low-pop servers?

If it were easy to connect the realms now that the tech was in, and if there was zero-risk of catastrophic failure, why wouldn't they do it?

You can claim that it's because they want server transfer revenues, but if they were so greedy for that money, why even connect realms?

It doesn't add up. They're doing the best they can and they want to make sure they do it without causing irreparable damage.

LOL how much do they pay you to defend them on these forums? Best they can do lol? They are lazily doing little fixes like these to try to keep people around since they are losing subscribers. Notice this problem wasn't even remotely corrected for years. This is the same group of developers that put in the crowd chooses you, the same group that is allowing PvE gear to be better than PvP in world pvp and you sit here saying its the best they can do? They ignore obvious problems for months and allow the game to be ruined for tons of people over absolutely stupid problems that could be easily fixed and this is another prime example of it. Ohh lets merge servers to fix population issues all while maintaining faction imbalances that are ruining the server worse than the population issue, brilliant.
Edited by Wyndoor on 10/8/2013 7:57 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
This whole process is taking too long

Would you prefer it to happen instantly & not work properly.
10 Troll Warlock
Such a easy problem to fix and they somehow manage to screw it up lol. Everyone should have known better than expect anything good from this.
After creating your perfect server ratio, how would you maintain it? Would you lock the server so no one could come or go? Would you lock players to it so they couldn't reroll elsewhere? What would you do if they have characters of both factions? What would you do if people just deleted? What if they just left? How would you get back your perfect ratio?
90 Tauren Paladin
10/08/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Rendán
slowly picking realms to merge gives them time to milk the xfer fees from people moving to the new super realms.
Or it gives them time to do it right and make sure there are no bugs before they start slamming realms together.

They haven't screwed it up. They have stated since the beginning of this whole process that creating faction balance was not a primary goal. People already complained about PvP happening on PvP servers with the release of CRZ. Can you imagine how bad it would get if those servers were actually BALANCED?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]