I thought fistweaving was dead

Brand new to MW - just bought the 408 vendor gear to get started with. Can someone point me to a good MW guide? Best thing I've found so far is Icy Veins and I'd like a second opinion...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Brand new to MW - just bought the 408 vendor gear to get started with. Can someone point me to a good MW guide? Best thing I've found so far is Icy Veins and I'd like a second opinion...

MMO-champions monk forums

search for fistweaving by reglitch if you are interested in FW
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

don't do that.
Reply Quote

don't do that.

Very interested in fistweaving. So where should I look? I'm amazed at the relative lack of information out there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I would give advice on fistweaving but.I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I pull great dps(for a healer) but only around 50-60k hps
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
10/15/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Wynkoop
Very interested in fistweaving. So where should I look? I'm amazed at the relative lack of information out there.

Yeah pretty much every thing I know is trial and error. Is it optimal? Probably not but it mostly works.

Quick and Dirty
  • Renewing Mist on CD for cheap Chi and some (okay a lot of) healing.
  • Expel Harm on CD for cheap Chi and you might even heal yourself.
  • Jab (or Spinning Crane Kick if 3+ targets) for Chi and Muscle Memory.
  • Before you Jab (or SCK) again use Tiger Palm (or Blackout Kick if 2+ Chi) to get mana back.

Other Things
  • Hit Tiger Palm at least once every 20 seconds to keep up Tiger Power. This lets you ignore 30% of the armor of your opponents. This is really good to keep up.
  • Hit Blackout Kick at least once every 30(?) seconds to keep up Serpent's Zeal. This causes your auto attacks to heal. It's also good for AoE because it cleaves.
  • You'll accumulate a stacking buff every time you use TP that at 5 will cause your next Surging Mist to be instant and mana free. If someone looks like they're lowish or maybe just hurt a little use it for free chi.
  • When you start getting low on mana or just have a natural break drink mana tea to whatever you need to sustain your rotation.
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll keep experimenting, it's been a blast so far.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
uhh I dont know if this has been said since the first guy, but you should focus all on spirit/crit until you get your meta. Then you can drop spirit.

*Legendary meta for clarification
Edited by Bamboozle on 10/15/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Even don hv LMG, with high crit rating and SoO flex / normal gear, MW have infinite mana.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

don't do that.

i see you all say that a lot. can you go into more detail as to why? what are the discrepancies?

e: barring that, is there a better mw guide out there somewhere or do you guys keep all the good info to yourselves and dispense it at random times in short, easily missed sentences/posts? :p
Edited by Tsilyi on 10/16/2013 4:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
So if fistweaving I should be using REM and expel harm on cd. Should I be using BoK whenever I have enough chi or pool it so I can use uplift when its needed?

I've been fistweaving wrong apparently. Been spamming TP and BoK when.I had the chi from it from surging procs and chi brew.

Might explain my subpar hps while fistweaving.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
10/16/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Langtao
So if fistweaving I should be using REM and expel harm on cd. Should I be using BoK whenever I have enough chi or pool it so I can use uplift when its needed?

It depends. If some big raid damage is about to go out I'd start pooling some chi for getting TFT + Uplifts otherwise do more BoKs. Many fights this tier have many things to cleave and even if not BoK does more damage.

Keeping Serpent's Zeal up will help your hps since auto attacks are non negligible healing plus ReM should be a non trivial amount of healing as well. In fact ReM will heal for a lot over the course of a fight.

Edit: When pooling though you can always hold off on say expel harm for a few seconds if you want to hover at 3 chi or something then pop EH to cap.
Edited by Kipery on 10/16/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Sounds good ill be trying it out tonight
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

don't do that.

Please enlighten us on why.
Reply Quote
So I read through Reglitch's thread and while I still have a lot to learn the info seems basically sound. If there's any blatantly bad advice in there I'd love to know what it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]