Need resto shaman advice

90 Pandaren Shaman
I have a feeling that will be excessive in the comp we are running

I actually heal with a disc and pally currently and am running 11.5k haste, though i don't take AS most of the time. More ticks of HR and HST are nice. RS talent makes extra ticks of HST that much better as well. And being a goblin you already have a leg up on haste break points.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/17/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm a little surprised at some of the advice I am seeing, mostly because it is contrary to what I previously was told and contrary to how I try to gear my toon. I NEVER have a problem with spirit. Accordingly, I stack int as much as I can, frequently with gems that give int and spirit, but lately I have moved to int and mastery when possible. I am always experimenting and looking for ways to improve and may give the crit thing a try. What I do know is that in 90% of the raids, in guild or out, I am the top healer and always the top two. My philosophy is, only keep as much spirit as you need to have 1/3 mana a the end of every fight. (It is rare that I ever drop below 1/2.) After that, if my healing output is light, I stack for int and mastery. If I have an option for haste or crit, I take haste. Crit is that last thing I look for. Of course it is a balancing act as if you stack for haste, you may run out of mana and there is likely diminishing returns on mastery. If you want to get technical about it, there are all sorts of technical websites you can go to.

Bottom line, have fun and try to contribute heavily to the raid. If your pulling your weight you are fine. When you fall off, it is time to do some tweaking.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As far as haste, I would highly recommend kitting the first haste breakpoint, 12.5% I think? and then going for enough spirit that you feel comfortable with your regen, followed by either crit or mastery depending on your specific place on your groups healing totem pole.

Yeah the first haste breakpoint is 12.5%. I've reached that and focused on mastery/crit (I only have LFR gear, so my total stats are a bit low from all my gear).

10/18/2013 09:11 AMPosted by Lazasar
If I have an option for haste or crit, I take haste. Crit is that last thing I look for. Of course it is a balancing act as if you stack for haste, you may run out of mana and there is likely diminishing returns on mastery.

As far as I understand it, thanks to resurgence Crit not only can increase your healing output but also return mana, so it has become a lot more useful recently. As for haste, as far as I know it has dropped in it's usefulness compared to other stats, depending on what breakpoints you can reach.

Bottom line, have fun and try to contribute heavily to the raid. If your pulling your weight you are fine. When you fall off, it is time to do some tweaking.

I agree, the reason I started this thread though was because I was starting to get really confused on which stats were useful. Back when I raided heavily in Wrath, it was all about haste and lesser healing wave, but Cata changed everything pretty much and replaced it with healing surge (for a fast, big, expensive heal), which makes healing more interesting. Now that MoP is out they've changed up the game once again with Crit, so I figured I'd get some answers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Derailing thread because shamans are OP

My justification? Absolutely none.

Am I still right? Obviously... I'm always right! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Am I still right? Obviously... I'm always right! :D

Sorry, couldn't hear you, running around trying not to step in your mastery.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/20/2013 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/13/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Rheeah
I co-wrote an addon that analyzes my heals in real time, and calculates how much 1 point of each stat would increase my effective healing.

Is this publicly available?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Sorry, couldn't hear you, running around trying not to step in your mastery.

lol :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
this is a lot of really useful points to remember for later. i am new to resto sham and just loving it. but i have a question for any who may know, the newest tier bonuses... the 2 set looks pretty amazing and im looking forward to equipping it. but the 4 set seems incredibly situational, and a 10% buff every 2 mins doesnt seem worth equipping it over a warforged with perfect stats, any thoughts? i may be overlooking something here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
but the 4 set seems incredibly situational, and a 10% buff every 2 mins doesnt seem worth equipping it over a warforged with perfect stats, any thoughts

Better off with the 2pc and then use off pieces to fill. I am just waiting for drops to get rid of my 4pc.

edit: but i can think of a few places where it is actually useful. But as a whole it is a pretty bad 4pc.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/21/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]